Stealth planting ruining PVP

Attilious

Please watch the video again, the culprit is not a stealth class. At the 28 second mark a juggernaught runs out from behind the door that blew up at the 25 second mark. He capped the door from the next room due to a bug that sometimes causes attackers to spawn a room further along then they really are.

The bug that needs to be fixed is players respawning at the wrong location.

Thanks for clearing that up. This is a reasoned response.

I was specifically responding to THIS:

As the video says i have lost countless VS because of this. Stealth classes exploiting to plant the bomb in stealth so no one can see them.

I am tired of someone that doesn't know how to play their class constantly trying to get stealth nerf. I now understand from your reasoned explanation what the TRUE problem.

I don't think the OP is aware if the real issue and from the tone of what was written just has it in for stealth classes.

Edited by Urael

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's beyond hope? The guy that learns to play his class properly, or the guy who cries nerf everytime they lose in PvP.

Playing properly does not equal exploiting broken mechanics. But I guess leets like you have a different oppinion.

Thanks for clearing that up. This is a reasoned response.

Glad someone spotted my reply somewhere in the tidal wave of stealth hate.

Again incase people missed it:

Pay attention to the video, 25 second mark: door blows. 28 second mark: a juggernaught runs in from the next room to delay people. It would have been impossible for him to respawn and get to the door in that amount of time unless he was already behind the door. Meaning: He contested it from the next room where no one could see him. Due to a bug that can cause attackers to spawn to far along even if the doors are still up.

Report the proper issue so whats really wrong can be fixed.

Wrong.

Wrong.

There is another player contesting the door from the next room.

Pay attention to the video, 25 second mark: door blows. 28 second mark: a juggernaught runs in from the next room to delay people. It would have been impossible for him to respawn and get to the door in that amount of time unless he was already behind the door. Meaning: He contested it from the next room where no one could see him. Due to a bug that can cause attackers to spawn to far along even if the doors are still up.

I like this guy

You may be right, I honestly can't be arsed to look at the video again. HOWEVER, I have personally witnessed countless incidents when people have planted the bomb with stealth breaking only after the channeling is complete or not at all.

Glad someone spotted my reply somewhere in the tidal wave of stealth hate.

Again incase people missed it:

Yeah I can see that now that you point it out and notice it wasn't a stealth class. I just hate how everyone that doesn't know how to play in any game always wants stealth classes nerfed. Not sure if you know about all the Rogue hate in WoW. ;)

OP, please EDIT your first post, and say you were wrong, it's a BUG and not a "stealth exploit".

So people will understand before reading a lot of pages

Thanks for saying this. :):)

Wrong.

Wrong.

There is another player contesting the door from the next room.

This guy might be right.

Look closely for 5 seconds after the bomb goes off.

Edited by Mechrophilia

OP, please EDIT your first post, and say you were wrong, it's a BUG and not a "stealth exploit".

So people will understand before reading a lot of pages

It's not a bug, it's an exploit used by stealth classes.

While stealth bugs exists (people remain stealthed even after death), this is not one of them.

The door was armed from the other side - a known exploit. The player should be reported.

On a different note to all the stealth lovers out there - not all classes have stealth detection!

Edited by Totaltrash

Playing properly does not equal exploiting broken mechanics. But I guess leets like you have a different oppinion.

I'm far from leet, but thanks, I think :confused:. Now please scroll up two posts above yours.

It's not a bug, it's an exploit used by stealth classes.

Unless Juggernauts can stealth and phase through doors, I'm pretty sure the Jugg that came through the blown door and popped his AoE Mezz was the culprit. He respawned on the wrong side, which is a separate exploit or bug. The assassin didn't do it. (Didn't even seem like he had enough time in the video to do it after popping vanish.)

While stealth bugs exists (people remain stealthed even after death), this is not one of them.

The door was armed from the other side - a known exploit. The player should be reported.

On a different note all the stealth lovers out there - not all classes have stealth detection!

I had this happen the other night. We were against our server's best premade that made it all the way when they attacked, and now we were defending the door. I died, and respawned in the bridge area. After figuring out that I was stuck there and would have to most likely sit there until time ran out, I tried to plant to see if it would work. (we were going to lose even if we did make the first door, I was just curious, not trying for a win) It did, but was defused quickly. Pretty soon most of the team had respawned on the bridge side. They started to plant, but by that time, they were getting defused almost immediately since they wiped most our team.

Long story short, I quit that WZ w/ 4 mins left because neither side was going to get to PvP anymore unless they let the door blow.

Although it sucks to have the Door blown w/o a way to stop planting, but its not much fun on the other side twiddling your thumbs either.

No idea what caused the bug, but hopefully they fix it soon.

As the video says i have lost countless VS because of this. Stealth classes exploiting to plant the bomb in stealth so no one can see them.

Here is a video link of it happening i wasnt ready for it really because i had my eye on another character who does it alot who wont be named here because i have not fraps it yet but be sure to know i will. just make sure to focus on the door at all times.

It not a stealth class that did that it was some one that died and was on the wrong side of the door happen like 1% of the time a person dies and ends up behind the door you cant see them at all they plant the bomb there team mates stop you from removing the bomb. you can even see the jug that did it as he comes from the door when only one sorc goes in.

Edited by Neoforcer

THEY ARE PLANTING THE BOMB WHILST IN STEALTH

Wasnt so hard to understand was it? Thats what the problem is. He had no idea he was there despite looking at the door. It doesnt matter if he has "anti stealth abilities" or not, the fact is stealth is meant to be broken when you do something apart from run in stealth. Do you think the world is flat?

Please watch the video again, the culprit is not a stealth class. At the 28 second mark a juggernaught runs out from behind the door that blew up at the 25 second mark. He capped the door from the next room due to a bug that sometimes causes attackers to spawn a room further along then they really are.

Whoa.. I see it now, yeah because of teh Sin getting pulled from stealth after the bomb was planted it looked like the Sin planted it but yeah there's a Jugger that comes out from behind the door near the end.

Been seeing this lots lately and it's an intentional glitch, I even said in ops chat someone stealth planted and I was STARING at the door and some replies that I wasn't paying attention. A guildie of mine figured out the glitch and can reproduce it repeatedly and he's a juggernaut, he's no longer in my guild for a reason. Edited by Sookster

THEY ARE PLANTING THE BOMB WHILST IN STEALTH

Wasnt so hard to understand was it? Thats what the problem is. He had no idea he was there despite looking at the door. It doesnt matter if he has "anti stealth abilities" or not, the fact is stealth is meant to be broken when you do something apart from run in stealth. Do you think the world is flat?

Not in this case. It is a respawn bug.

Sharp eyes.

What's your proof?

Here is mine:

(thanks MaveOnline)

That explains it all.Thanks.

Edited by Sabredance

Whoa.. I see it now, yeah because of teh Sin getting pulled from stealth after the bomb was planted it looked like the Sin planted it but yeah there's a Jugger that comes out from behind the door near the end.

Exactly you can clearly see they stop the sin from capping but as the door go down there is a magic Jugger shows up how he do that uless it the death bug that dot him behind the door

Edited by Neoforcer

Omg, you can't see people in stealth, **** that, I'm unsubbing.

i had plenty of witty insults i planned to use at your expense. instead, i will simply say:

cheating ruins any form of competition.

any self respecting individual will see that.

and any piece of schizer that has to cheat to win, is the lowest lifeform in the galaxy.

Edited by T-Assassin