still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

babyboom

Does the future plans also include to be able to learn receipts like for example the republican dancer outfit via RE which is bop since its from the authenticator token vendor ?

Your sig says it all... lol

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they told us that we'd be able to RE orange gear. They did not say "endgame only". Now, like various things before, they changed their tune and say "endgame only". *sigh* This is getting a bit on the ridiculous side.

Does the future plans also include to be able to learn receipts like for example the republican dancer outfit via RE which is bop since its from the authenticator token vendor ?

Unlikely, but we already know future plans incude the ability to add augments to anything, so learning the schematic isn't really needed. (and, in fact, we know this feature is at least scheduled for 1.3)

and just because you can RE, doesn't mean you can learn a schematic.

As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items and social gear cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.

Thanks Allison. Thankfully everyone is more than ok with paying for best intentions.

@AllisonBerryman: Thansk for clarification

@Urdnaxela: No harm done :) Miscommunication can happen

They said they want to implement other ways to bring augment slots to items. So I personally believe (! as in pure speculation from my side) they avoid the "double work" and implement those recipes. Critcrafting for augment slots is probably (again just my opinion) slowly phased out and we will gain other options to add augment slots (crafters crafting the way to add augments).

So basically: There will be ways to add augment slots to all those gear which we currently cannot craft. I personally believe it's not going to be via crit crafting but adding those augmentslots (which are probably crafted).

I consider myself pretty patient, tolerant and understanding but this mess around which orange gear is and is not RE-able is ridiculous. It is pretty confusing and not at all intuitive in-game as to which is RE-able and then the communication clouds the matter further. *breathes out* Ok team, let's get it on the next try!

So basically: There will be ways to add augment slots to all those gear which we currently cannot craft. I personally believe it's not going to be via crit crafting but adding those augmentslots (which are probably crafted).

I doubt they're going to be trivializing crit-crafting by removing it as the required method to get augment slots. My expectation is that the means of adding augment slots will in some fashion be a byproduct of crit crafting. Whether that means that when you crit craft something you also get an augmenter out, or whether reverse engineering something with an augment slot gives you (a chance at) an augmenter, or whether you specifically attempt to create an augmenter, and only succeed if you succeed at some form of a a "crit craft" check, and otherwise you lose said mats.

I would suggest you stop referring to 'endgame' so people don't get confused. Rakata was 'endgame' until very recently and many still think of it as so (many also consider columi and battle-master 'endgame' ). But you cant get orange gear from that stuff.

Since its such a small list, just tell us exactly which sets of gear are impacted by a change, so that people don't go around destroying items for no reason. Its especially important where previous developer comments have set expectations which differ from what is being released.

We have some more details about this patch note - this change made more Custom (orange) items available for reverse engineering, but it currently does not include crafted Custom items. We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change. Sorry for the confusion; we're updating the patch note right now.

lol

i like the way you make it sound like the patch notes were at fault as opposed to just more buggy junk going on live and not doing what they should

As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items and social gear cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.

This is rediculous, the sole reason people where complaining on the forums at the lack of RE orange gear and the reason it was "rushed" to patch was becuase we couldnt RE the left over ordinary orange... ie non Bh stuff...

95% of people havent even got 30 BH commendations let alone at the point when they need to RE left over orange crafted stuff..

Yet again its just constant miss communication and patches which dont deliver..

Its something so simple as lvl 20 orange lightsabers ... why do i have to vendor them why cant i RE them it was a simple request from the forums and you say your going to do it, then offer up a patch saying its done then yet again we get in and whats been said to us just isnt true... then you try and fob us of with the usual oh sorry we meant BH stuff.. if you did it to black hole why not something simply like a lvl20 orange lightsaber or pistol...

Matrix cubes missing

Mail bug not fixed yet you said it was

Cant RE orange items yet you said we could

ignoring the whole you can RE anything in 1.2 mistake..

Just stop lieing about whats coming , manage our expectations ... its basic business 101.

Ok.. before you guys go all ga-ga over this.. yet again.. lets look at what was said...

They did NOT say this:

We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered and researched for schematics in the future.

SOoooo.. the answer to this:

I was curious, the social armors in the game... can we expect to see them on the list to reverse engineer and player craft in the future? I mean the goal of the social/orange armor types was to promote more variety of appearance, and yet without the ability to RE and craft these items having them is pointless since none of them can have aug slots.

I know there are lots of orange armor types out there, but i am more concerned about the social armor, the CE social armor specifically

Is.. That is not in their plans for any time in the future to allow crafters to learn and produce the social armor types. We can only RE them for materials.

Edited by Darlgon

Is.. That is not in their plans for any time in the future to allow crafters to learn and produce the social armor types. We can only RE them for materials.

Since they aren't crafted, it's unclear we will even be able to RE social items for their materials.

edit: 'Course, I would also it's completely unneccessary.

Edited by GnatB

Since they aren't crafted, it's unclear we will even be able to RE social items for their materials.

edit: 'Course, I would also it's completely unneccessary.

Today I RE'd my extra Rakghoul pants for mats. so.. yeah, you can RE social items for mats.

Since they were empty of mods, think I got like 2 level 1 power crystals.. sigh.

Edited by Darlgon

This whole mess is just getting more and more out of hand. What is the point of telling us "More Custom (orange) moddable items that have no modifications installed can now be reverse engineered" if you are not going to list the ones you mean.

No crafter cares about being able to RE any custom orange gear, other than what they craft and fail to crit an augment slot on, just for mats if they can not learn the schem from it. So we can RE some drops for mats but not learn a schem from it, and yet we can not RE crafted items to get our mats back.

This is completely backwards.

To make matters even worse we can now RE the crafted PVP gear, from what people have posted, but still not RE the standard crafted oranges to get out mats back? It can't be any more difficult to code those in than it was for the pvp gear so what's the holdup? And yes I seen that you say you are going to make that possible some time in the future. That has been said of many things, this is likely to be no different.

The list of things we were told were added here and there in the patches, and yet was in fact not added at all, is pretty long already. Crafting has gone from bad to worse because you folks don't listen to what the community is saying. You claim to but if that were the case you would see people thanking you for these "changes" instead of the total confusion in these forums as to what we actually can and can not do with crafting. Too many vague patch notes and vague claims in blogs that you continue to turn around when it does not work out as you led the community to believe that it would.

It's time to get your act together and either deliver what you say you will, stop saying anything at all about adding things your not sure can be done or just keep on going like you are and watch the subs drop because people are tired of being mislead, and in many cases just plain ignored when they ask what happened.

Edit: There, fixed it so no one else whines about me not breaking it up in to paragraphs.

Edited by Xxantak

This whole mess is just getting more and more out of hand. What is the point of telling us "More Custom (orange) moddable items that have no modifications installed can now be reverse engineered" if you are not going to list the ones you mean. No crafter cares about being able to RE any custom orange gear, other than what they craft and fail to crit an augment slot on, just for mats if they can not learn the schem from it. So we can RE some drops for mats but not learn a schem from it, and yet we can not RE crafted items to get our mats back. This is completely backwards. To make matters even worse we can now RE the crafted PVP gear, from what people have posted, but still not RE the standard crafted oranges to get out mats back? It can't be any more difficult to code those in than it was for the pvp gear so what's the holdup? And yes I seen that you say you are going to make that possible some time in the future. That has been said of many things, this is likely to be no different. The list of things we were told were added here and there in the patches, and yet was in fact not added at all, is pretty long already. Crafting has gone from bad to worse because you folks don't listen to what the community is saying. You claim to but if that were the case you would see people thanking you for these "changes" instead of the total confusion in these forums as to what we actually can and can not do with crafting. Too many vague patch notes and vague claims in blogs that you continue to turn around when it does not work out as you led the community to believe that it would. It's time to get your act together and either deliver what you say you will, stop saying anything at all about adding things your not sure can be done or just keep on going like you are and watch the subs drop because people are tired of being mislead, and in many cases just plain ignored when they ask what happened.

Holy wall of text. Did not read.

We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change.

Why not? You must be aware that adding the ability to crit-craft oranges will have the direct consequence of crafters making lots of oranges to get the crits, so why not add the ability to RE the non-critted ones at the same time? Or are you seriously expecting people to treat crit-crafted items as a rare extra and not the norm?

Edited by DataBeaver

It seems that in when the ability to add augment slots to existing items using the modification tables is added, it will use a crafter made augmentation kit. These kits will made made from materials produced when REing crafted items.

Adding an augment to an item through the augment table will require an augment kit and credits. The kits can be traded and are created by crafters. RE'ing crafted items gives you the materials required to create augment kits.

I wonder if the reason we cannot yet RE most orange crafted gear is due to these being the items used for the aug kits and that they do not want to code RE for these items twice - or am I guilty of using too much logic here :)

Why not? You must be aware that adding the ability to crit-craft oranges will have the direct consequence of crafters making lots of oranges to get the crits, so why not add the ability to RE the non-critted ones at the same time? Or are you seriously expecting people to treat crit-crafted items as a rare extra and not the norm?

It's not even an issue of them figuring out how to code this into the game... we used to be able to RE lvl 50 orange crafted gear for mats like a month ago:mad:

Yeah. this is pretty stupid. I saw the patch notes and made a bunch of sabers thinking "Oh, hey. I can get back some of my mats that I used to craft these now. You know, since there's no point in keeping the non-augmented ones." Turns out, still can't RE my sabers. All those mats, basically gone to waste.

Please fix this. there is absolutely no point in me not being able to RE stuff I've built. I built the damn thing. I SHOULD be able to know how to take it apart for ****s sake.

It seems that in when the ability to add augment slots to existing items using the modification tables is added, it will use a crafter made augmentation kit. These kits will made made from materials produced when REing crafted items.

I wonder if the reason we cannot yet RE most orange crafted gear is due to these being the items used for the aug kits and that they do not want to code RE for these items twice - or am I guilty of using too much logic here :)

The thought occurred to me as well. It would make sense in a twisted sort of way, hehe

Perhaps the materials for the augmentation kits will ONLY come from RE'ing orange crafted shells. The orange crafted shells generally require more materials than other items at their level, so they are relatively "expensive" to make. Receiving augment kit materials from RE'ing them would be a "consolation prize" for not getting the crit augment slot when you crafted the item in the first instance.

If augment kit materials can be gotten from RE'ing any item, then logically it would be most efficient to make 100's of belts and bracers, which I doubt is the intention here.

Bottom line to clear up confusion what crafters need to know clearly and precisely...

Can the following be RE'd

Flashpoint / Ops orange looted

- RE-able for schems? Yes or No

- RE-able for mats? Yes or No

- If no are these changes planned?

Craftable Orange (non-endgame) - Same 3 questions as above

Craftable End-game Orange (war hero, black hole, campaign and whatever else) - as above.

And the most important as far as I'm personally concerned - Will we ever be able to loot a green/blue/purple item (armour or weapon) and RE it for the SCHEM and grind it (if necessary) to ORANGE?

Either all of that or just flat out post a list of exactly what can be RE'd for schems and mats now, and what's currently planned for both (with the usual disclaimer that plans can be changed)

After all this miscommunication in the patch notes, how about a simple straight answer? please?

Edited by Forgettableone

I feel like this is the reason why they have not allowed us to RE our crafted oranges for mats. If this is the case I don't mind holding on to the crafted oranges i failed to crit on until they implement this change, UNLESS this somehow does not apply to items crafted pre 1.3 which would only further screw the crafting community. So lets hope this applies to previously crafted items.

That being said, there is no reason they could not have explained this to us before now as we have been asking repeatedly why we were not able to RE our crafted oranges for mats back.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok.. before you guys go all ga-ga over this.. yet again.. lets look at what was said...]

They did NOT say this:

We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered and researched for schematics in the future.

]

lol - naice to know!

in the patch-note there was another information and on the german server there is no tool tip implamented...

Edited by Lelitha

Bottom line to clear up confusion what crafters need to know clearly and precisely...

Can the following be RE'd

Flashpoint / Ops orange looted

- RE-able for schems? Yes or No

- RE-able for mats? Yes or No

- If no are these changes planned?

No,

No,

Extremely unlikely, (RE for schems)

Probably. (Re for mats)

Craftable Orange (non-endgame) - Same 3 questions as above

No,

No,

Probably. (Re for mats)

Craftable End-game Orange (war hero, black hole, campaign and whatever else) - as above.

No,

Yes,

And the most important as far as I'm personally concerned - Will we ever be able to loot a green/blue/purple item (armour or weapon) and RE it for the SCHEM and grind it (if necessary) to ORANGE?

Extremely unlikely. Designer already said we're supposed to be able to get those schematics via UWT. He thought they were going to make it "through the pipeline" in time for 1.2, but he has since said it looked like they missed 1.2, and will probably be in 1.3.

Edited by GnatB