Powertechs need an urget nerf

JediDuckling

Only players with vested interest and want to enjoy an OP period can't recognize that Powertech's and Marauder are currently performing at a higher level then many other classes. This is in spite of 1.2 changes to PT. However an urgent nerf is not really required cause there are ways to circumvent the average Powertech PT player. It seems to me that many other classes need their mechanics tweaked ( like poor cousin Commando assault ) rather then Powertech PT nerfed.

If a warhero is dropping in 3 - 6 seconds to a Powertech they basically don't know how to handle PT's or have no clue on their proc mechanism. No amount of nerfing to PT is gonna help them cause those guys will fall victim to the next alpha class.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help I keep getting crushed by teams of Tanksins.

Help I keep getting crushed by teams of Pyrotechs.

Help I keep getting crushed by teams of Marauders.

Help I can't kill teams of Healing Operatives.

Help I keep getting stunlocked by teams of operatives.

Help I keep trying to play 1v8!

Only players with vested interest and want to enjoy an OP period can't recognize that Powertech's and Marauder are currently performing at a higher level then many other classes. This is in spite of 1.2 changes to PT. However an urgent nerf is not really required cause there are ways to circumvent the average Powertech PT player. It seems to me that many other classes need their mechanics tweaked ( like poor cousin Commando assault ) rather then Powertech PT nerfed.

If a warhero is dropping in 3 - 6 seconds to a Powertech they basically don't know how to handle PT's or have no clue on their proc mechanism. No amount of nerfing to PT is gonna help them cause those guys will fall victim to the next alpha class.

well thats pretty provocative to say anyone who thinks class a and b are fine as is are biased?

I could just as easily say anyone who thinks they are overpowering are bad at playing the game full stop.

neither one of us backs this up with reasoning

When you can't hurt them and they drop you in 10-15 seconds, there is a problem. I am sure they are working on it.

If you cant hurt a pyro you either :

turn with your keyboard, tip : hes behind you and you should L2P

or

you are afk.

Edited by SajPl

People crying about tank spec pts are pretty funny. Since the big nerf to the carolina parakeet spec there is no tank PT spec that does decent damage. At all.

As for pyros...yes, when everything lines up the damage is too bursty.

Bioware seems to love to make specs that revolve around buffing up one ability to be ridiculous in the right circumstances. This is just poor class design. Pyro is one such spec, along with tanksin.

Pyro damage isn't so much overpowered as inconsistent. Sometimes it is pretty underwhelming, but on occassion it is definitely overpowred.

People crying about tank spec pts are pretty funny. Since the big nerf to the carolina parakeet spec there is no tank PT spec that does decent damage. At all.

One would want to ask why a jugg can be in tank stance, guard a healer and still do that BIG SMASH while a pyro cant get a proc for railshot.

Juggs in tank stance lose a lot of rage generation too so that hurts in the long run.

If you want to be a tank spec that does good damage tanksin is clearly the choice at the moment.

Tank spec PTs are great passive mitigation % but they do not do good dps at all since the nerf to parakeet.

Edited by yukirshiro

As for pyros...yes, when everything lines up the damage is too bursty.

Bioware seems to love to make specs that revolve around buffing up one ability to be ridiculous in the right circumstances. This is just poor class design. Pyro is one such spec, along with tanksin.

Pyro damage isn't so much overpowered as inconsistent. Sometimes it is pretty underwhelming, but on occassion it is definitely overpowred.

Hehe, this is incorrect. A properly specced shield specced vanguard has about 5-10% less burst than a assault but about 50% more sustained, infinite ammo and about 200% more survivability.

Now if you want my spec, I won't tell ya cause i don't want it showing up in nerf threads lol.

If you cant hurt a pyro you either :

turn with your keyboard, tip : hes behind you and you should L2P

or

you are afk.

Like I said, I'm sure they are working on it. I'm neither...so your point is...pointless.

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you too...

I don't believe it, I play it. I respecced for all the FOTM marauders, now I wipe the floor with them and was surprised how incredible my output is.

well thats pretty provocative to say anyone who thinks class a and b are fine as is are biased?

I could just as easily say anyone who thinks they are overpowering are bad at playing the game full stop.

neither one of us backs this up with reasoning

Provocative LOL. Its kinda obvious that Marauder and Powertech are performing in a sweet spot compared to many of the other DPS. Maybe it is tied to the duration of group skirmishes. I also have to mention I directly benefit from this scenario. Let me explain.

Pre 1.2 , I que-d

# Two from the Top four Sentinels on my server regularly

Post 1.2 daily either que-d with one or a combination of

# Top DPS Vanguard on the server

# One of the Top 3 Sentinels on server

# Arguably the 2nd best DPS Vanguard on server

I know what these guys ( and 3 good PT on imp side ) are capable of & inversely i am very familiar with the run of the mill mediocre Powertech / Marauders. After 250 wz games in 1.2 I feel overall the PT class is still on the upper percentile. In so many situations they are the best class to have bar none especially against a majority of opposition. However you will notice in my initial post, I did not advocate a urgent nerf.

Logically i should just keep quiet and milk the situation with my premades but further down the line if the other DPS classes are not brought in line there could be repercussion to the health of the game. That's just my personal opinion of course.

well mara's are melee and you expect melee to hit kinda hard but not that hard.

powertechs/vanguards you cant even escape them. you knock them off the ledge they pull you down from it. you try to get away they stun you. they can kill you in less than the time the stun lasts for.

Bahahaha!

Yes, I'm always getting killed by tanks in less than four seconds. ALWAYS!

I've been saying this since like...forever ago. Powertechs are still ungodly strong. Today I won 7 WZs in a row. None of them had a Powertech in it. Then the very next game with a Powertech in it we get stomped. At high level PvP with high tier gear they are pretty much unstoppable.

They have an ***-ton of CC. They can tank even in DPS gear; or DPs in tank gear.

I've been saying this since like...forever ago. Powertechs are still ungodly strong. Today I won 7 WZs in a row. None of them had a Powertech in it. Then the very next game with a Powertech in it we get stomped. At high level PvP with high tier gear they are pretty much unstoppable.

They have an ***-ton of CC. They can tank even in DPS gear; or DPs in tank gear.

Stun for 4 secs on a minute cooldown

AOE Stun for 2.5 Secs on a 45 sec cooldown

Grapple on a 45 second cooldown.

I'm confused on the Ungodly amount of CC. Perhaps you can enlighten the forum goers?

Also maybe you just didn't play against good players till this PT on the other team showed up and your group fell apart at the slightest hint of competition?

Edited by exphryl

Provocative LOL. Its kinda obvious that Marauder and Powertech are performing in a sweet spot compared to many of the other DPS. Maybe it is tied to the duration of group skirmishes. I also have to mention I directly benefit from this scenario. Let me explain.

Pre 1.2 , I que-d

# Two from the Top four Sentinels on my server regularly

Post 1.2 daily either que-d with one or a combination of

# Top DPS Vanguard on the server

# One of the Top 3 Sentinels on server

# Arguably the 2nd best DPS Vanguard on server

I know what these guys ( and 3 good PT on imp side ) are capable of & inversely i am very familiar with the run of the mill mediocre Powertech / Marauders. After 250 wz games in 1.2 I feel overall the PT class is still on the upper percentile. In so many situations they are the best class to have bar none especially against a majority of opposition. However you will notice in my initial post, I did not advocate a urgent nerf.

Logically i should just keep quiet and milk the situation with my premades but further down the line if the other DPS classes are not brought in line there could be repercussion to the health of the game. That's just my personal opinion of course.

well let me ask you, how good are these players you roll with? you say they are in your opinion some of the very best players of that class on the server right?

do you think maybe that would influence your perception of the class when it is played by very skilled players?

do you think if these players were rolling ops/sniper/sin etc.. they wouldnt perform so well?

well let me ask you, how good are these players you roll with? you say they are in your opinion some of the very best players of that class on the server right?

do you think maybe that would influence your perception of the class when it is played by very skilled players?

do you think if these players were rolling ops/sniper/sin etc.. they wouldnt perform so well?

I've seen every class in this game perform well. To me that means there is balance, there might just be a bigger learning curve to learn to deal with each classes or play them.

Hehe, this is incorrect. A properly specced shield specced vanguard has about 5-10% less burst than a assault but about 50% more sustained, infinite ammo and about 200% more survivability.

Now if you want my spec, I won't tell ya cause i don't want it showing up in nerf threads lol.

You sir are trolling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.