swtor pvp = no skill required

PVPWAR

Im really disappointed in the pvp in this game. I played wow for 4 yrs and a few of my friends from wow quit swtor because the pvp in this game caters to skillcapped or low skill players.

1. Autofacing

2. Lack of macros

3. Class imbalance (although this happens to every MMO), some are pretty obvious in this game yet bw devs drag their feet as usual.

Im beginning to wonder if bw intended it this way to cater to <2k bads from wow to actually feel like they are worthy

BTW plz roll more fotm classes guys, no skill required....shadows,sents /smirk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so macros require skill? they just make things easier....

LOL i was wondering about that myself. Is the skill in making the macro (as in copying it from the forums after another player creates it)? Or in remembering to push three buttons to use all of your abilities?

LOL at lack of macros as a complaint. I'm sorry if you need macros in a macroless game to be competitive then it's to band-aid the fact that your terrible.

Rift had stupid macros you could make and I literally had 6 buttons to worry about on my warrior. With 3 macros and 3 actual ablities I could fire all 20 something on my abilities when I needed at the perfect time. That is not pvp... might as well be a bot. The only reason you had to do that in Rift was because all the other warriors did and it was a huge disadvantage if you played without macros.

TLDR: Macros ruin PvP even worse than a pvp specific stat like expertise.

Play with a pre vs a pre, have the fortune that both teams have good randoms and than come back and talk about skillcap. Otherwise compare WoW pugs with SWTOR pugs- difference? Both are pretty horrible, though in tor there is much less flaming.

Otherwise I enjoy that they have neither macros nor addons in this game.

Im really disappointed in the pvp in this game. I played wow for 4 yrs and a few of my friends from wow quit swtor because the pvp in this game caters to skillcapped or low skill players.

1. Autofacing

2. Lack of macros

3. Class imbalance (although this happens to every MMO), some are pretty obvious in this game yet bw devs drag their feet as usual.

Im beginning to wonder if bw intended it this way to cater to <2k bads from wow to actually feel like they are worthy

There is autofacing? That would mean engaging in combat or selecting a target would turn you toward that target when you activate an ability right? Would love to actually have that, tell me how to enable it. If someone kites me better than I can kite them I can even be put in a position where I never hit them on a melee. Only my sniper in cover can always hit a target without having to face them.

WOW is not "skilled" pvp either. Skilled pvp involves a large number of mechanics not a large number of abilities.

Wow if its so easy now, imagine if there were macro's! That would make it so much harder because then you only need to push one button to get your rotation off.

How can you come in here and say that the combat is way to easy and one of your reasons cited is lack of a system that allows you to automate everything you do?

These people get dumber and dumber as the months roll on.

There is autofacing? That would mean engaging in combat or selecting a target would turn you toward that target when you activate an ability right? Would love to actually have that, tell me how to enable it. If someone kites me better than I can kite them I can even be put in a position where I never hit them on a melee. Only my sniper in cover can always hit a target without having to face them.

WOW is not "skilled" pvp either. Skilled pvp involves a large number of mechanics not a large number of abilities.

Any ability you use that has a cast or channel auto-faces you unless you are melee. Watch mercs with tracer missile or sorcs casting force lightning.. they auto-face too.

1. Autofacing

2. Lack of macros <---- (macro's make the game easier not harder)

macro's make games easier not harder.

yes a good 80% of the player base in all games will pick and use abuse the most overpowerd class/spec/item this cant be helped unless the game company that runs them fix's the issues with it,until then its chaos while players abuse these features.

1. Autofacing

2. Lack of macros

I ALMOST agree with everything you are saying. I also came from WOW and find PVP a little on the easy side.

But if what you are saying where true then I wouldn't see all these BADDIES running around. I think it's just High level WOW arena players find the game EASY. You talk too a SWG player or a Guild wars player the PVP is right on par.

That said this game has a much better PVP base then WOW and with the gaurd PVP an actual working Mech, I believe that in the coming Mo the PVP in SWTOR will be far and away better then WOW.

BW/EA just needs to get off their BLANK and get the system rated.

Rated Arenas

Rated Huttball

Rated WZs

When your playing me instead of SWG flunkies the games skill cap will inc. The other stuff like 28 abilities used in EVERY fight more Def CDs More Maco options More Pro moves will come in time. As they move to balance the classes.

If you mentioned TTK. The great healing nerf. Expertise and gear as the crutch bad players hide behind (thinking they are 'hardcore' too). Then, maybe, you might be onto something. But Macros? Really. That's skill. You seriously need a reality check.

At least you mentioned Sents and Maras. They are the FOTM, but that class takes a bit of skill to pull off, and most of the FOTM are really bad (I kill them on my Sorc 1 on 1 - the bad ones anyway - which is the majority). Now an Op/scoundrel healer is another matter Pre 50 and with no sniper around to focus them down. But every MMO (except GW2) has this problem with game balance, and in this game the developers are more concerned with getting people to play a underplayed class then they are interested in balancing out PvP.

Don't get me wrong. Bioware is a failure at PvP (they do have the failure warhammer developers working on it, so it should be no surprise that they could 'rain on a sunny day'). It can still be fun 10-49. But overall it's just one giant fail. But not for ANY of the reasons you mentioned. You post might be more full of fail then bioware...

Any ability you use that has a cast or channel auto-faces you unless you are melee. Watch mercs with tracer missile or sorcs casting force lightning.. they auto-face too.

My merc is a healer so I'm almost always facing my targets so never really noticed :p My assassin is what was making me question how he can even bring it up, because facing a target while they are kiting and while you are kiting them at the same time takes a lot of effort, and you cannot just stand still and auto-face them by using attacks.

So if his auto-facing is limited to abilities you can LOS because they have cast times then I think he should rethink whether or not that is a problem.

Will I do not agree that this game requires no skill.

I think the OP was referring to focus macros and targeting macros, which do make the game more complex. Although im not sure those are possible right now with limited action bars.

Will I do not agree that this game requires no skill.

I think the OP was referring to focus macros and targeting macros, which do make the game more complex. Although im not sure those are possible right now with limited action bars.

No they do not, neither do addons make games more complex. They just make the games more forgiving.

Haha, my first warning awesome, got reported by the pro, haha.

Haha.

A meaning to dense, mine and a few others got removed.....not to quick on the uptake are you. Well no wonder this game is right on par with your low skill and sharpness

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.