A major PvP Disadvantage...for those not biochem

titanmaster

Omg guys... Rakata stims and medpacks are really nerfed, there are better stims in game... Exotech, really they add more attributes then reusable Rakata!

Rakata stim adds 112 main attribute and 46 power BUT EXOTECH adds 128 main attribute and 52 power Same on adrenals... Rakata adds 475 power and exotech adrenal adds 535 power that is kinda different isnt it? And it is good thing that rakata stims arent best in game. But for PvP really use Pvp medpacks and Pvp adrenals, it saves your live, rakata medpack only makes your oponent laugh. For Pve? Guys with reusable stims and adrenals, ye they dont have to pay that much for stims and adrenals, but they are weaker, so learn how to make money and buy endgame consumables...

Reusable Stims ARE BOE. You are welcome to buy one off the GTN. I sell them all the time. But yes, you need to be an appropriate level Biochem. Whether or not its balanced with the other crew skills is a matter of debate. Cybertechs get access to Grenades and you dont hear Biochems ************ about it. If you have a problem with people being able to use reusable items, drop your current crafting crew skill and pick up Biochem. Its been done by plenty of people.

As for needing tons of credits, Farming credits in this game is easy. Even without using the GTN the average player can get between 300-500k in a couple hours.

There are bigger problems with the game right now. This is not one of them.

I meant they should be BoE and not restricted to biochem.

I am Biochem. I wouldn't be anything in this game but biochem and theres no reason to be anything else except for that grenade or if you're grinding artifice for an augmented relic.

But you're right, there are bigger problems in the game right now.

i also agree that there are much bigger problems in the game, but when the solution might be as simple as removing the requirement flag for the item, why shouldn't they just do it?

currently it makes almost no sense to have any other crafting crew skill on your main if you have an alt that's capable of doing so, since anything that alt made would be available and fully usable to your main as well, why shouldn't the same apply to cybertech/biochem?

i also agree that there are much bigger problems in the game, but when the solution might be as simple as removing the requirement flag for the item, why shouldn't they just do it?

currently it makes almost no sense to have any other crafting crew skill on your main if you have an alt that's capable of doing so, since anything that alt made would be available and fully usable to your main as well, why shouldn't the same apply to cybertech/biochem?

Everything biochem makes is available to other players, they just have a reusable version for themselves. If they get rid of reusables you will only see more people with biochem, it is already very difficult to get the mats to make things for other people, adrenals are almost pointless to make for others since they can be used so quickly, if biochem didnt have reusables all their efforts would go solely to them and they would never be sold on the gtn. I would actually be in favor of a change, I want them to get rid of reusables and let biochem actually produce more then 1 item at a time with the ingredients they gather.

None of this has to do with pvp, the warzone versions are always better, and even on the worst days two blue stims will get you through all your pvp. I still dont see why you would not use warzone reusables even while getting gear, its not like WH gear is a huge advantage over battlemaster, the bonus's are pretty small actually, it wont kill you to take four or five days longer to get a full set. You wont be using more then an average of 2 of each of the warzone, reusables per match, if your using them all the time your doing it wrong, there is nothing wrong with dying in PVP and you dont need to kill every opponent, you use them when you need to use them, when its really important to burn someone down or last longer at a node, they are used when it helps you win a game, not to stroke your ego.

Edited by Sharn-

Everything biochem makes is available to other players, they just have a reusable version for themselves. If they get rid of reusables you will only see more people with biochem, it is already very difficult to get the mats to make things for other people, adrenals are almost pointless to make for others since they can be used so quickly, if biochem didnt have reusables all their efforts would go solely to them and they would never be sold on the gtn. I would actually be in favor of a change, I want them to get rid of reusables and let biochem actually produce more then 1 item at a time with the ingredients they gather.

None of this has to do with pvp, the warzone versions are always better, and even on the worst days two blue stims will get you through all your pvp. I still dont see why you would not use warzone reusables even while getting gear, its not like WH gear is a huge advantage over battlemaster, the bonus's are pretty small actually, it wont kill you to take four or five days longer to get a full set. You wont be using more then an average of 2 of each of the warzone, reusables per match, if your using them all the time your doing it wrong, there is nothing wrong with dying in PVP and you dont need to kill every opponent, you use them when you need to use them, when its really important to burn someone down or last longer at a node, they are used when it helps you win a game, not to stroke your ego.

i didn't even say to remove the reusables.

and you even made my point where non-reusables aren't really worth using due to how quickly they will be used up.

you're right when people can afford to wait a couple more days to get their equips, you're right when those consumables are to be used on important occasions only. but for those with biochem reusables can use those totally free of charge, even if they have a lesser effect, even on non-important occasions. so, it's still what it is, using one vs not using one is still on the topic of one having advantages over the other.

Any reasonable person should see that Biochem provides a permanent statistical advantage that you cannot otherwise reasonably gain (at all times) by being trained in any other profession. (infinite wealth is rarer than you might think)

I don't understand why you need biochem to use a rakata stim/adrenal/medpac.

Once you buy an augmented vest from an armormech, you don't need to buy that item ever again (for that character) and it is best in slot from now too future change.

So why can't Armormechs (with a reasonable amount of wealth) obtain the same advantages biochems enjoy ?

Edited by Girltank

The problem is not that Biochem Rakata is op, its that the crafted Rakata items for every other profession suck compared to what you can loot or earn through raiding or badges.

If you had relics, armor or weapons that were higher valued than the biochem guys would be fighting players with more health, damage or defense and thus balanced.

As it stands now, the BE guy has something no one else has-- unique items that cannot be exceeded through gameplaty. Don't nerf it, make other professions more worthwhile.

Rakata med pacs and rakata stims are a little OP for Warezones.

5k health and 15% more health for 20 secs, and with the poor Trade skills design from the start.

Most people are biochem, its a fair assumption at least 40% of the general pop have biochem. ( pure speculation)

Rakata stims where a good idea in theory however its seem like with the rest of your great ideas you didnt think to balance them for warzones.

You have pretty much forced anyone who wanted to do competitive pvp to be biochem.

Soloutions:

Either Remove the ability for them to be used in Warzones...or allow anyone to use them not just biochem.

Wooow i've been living under a rock, thx for the info

Exotech Stims/Adrenals are on par (if not better, but not sure).

As others have said, Warzone Medpacs are better (and, since the cost was reduced, quite viable to purchase with just a few WZ coms).

Percentile of Health (35%) > Static Health of Rakata.

I have 18k health, so I'm healing about 6k rather than the 5kish from medpac.

And I'm a Synthweaver who created all my own Augment Gear.

I got no problems with med-pacs. I buy my own stims or get them from guildies (they aren't expensive, really, on my server. 12-15k a pop).

Adrenals, on the other-hand, give Biochems the unique edge. Nothing I'll go crazy over, but it's their main advantage at the moment.

Exotech Stims/Adrenals are on par (if not better, but not sure).

As others have said, Warzone Medpacs are better (and, since the cost was reduced, quite viable to purchase with just a few WZ coms).

Percentile of Health (35%) > Static Health of Rakata.

I have 18k health, so I'm healing about 6k rather than the 5kish from medpac.

And I'm a Synthweaver who created all my own Augment Gear.

I got no problems with med-pacs. I buy my own stims or get them from guildies (they aren't expensive, really, on my server. 12-15k a pop).

Adrenals, on the other-hand, give Biochems the unique edge. Nothing I'll go crazy over, but it's their main advantage at the moment.

Your sig says Conqureror which puts you well outside of the norm. I'm V79 and I can probably afford to use WZ adrenal/stims but again there's no way my playing time represents anything that resembles the average player.

Hyper stims are good enough compared to Rakata stims, but that's about it. Unless you're at the point where you can use WZ medpacks/adrenals, there's still no comparison. You can use up to 10 medpacks in a 15 minute match, and in theory there's really no reason to not use a medpack if cost isn't a concern. That'd set you back 100 WZ commendations per match, so even if you win every match you play it'd barely pay for the cost of the consumables you use.

Honestly adrenal/medpack should just be removed from PvP. The only way to not go Biochem is if you've PvP so much that you can afford to use WZ versions, and those are even worse. If someone used a WZ adrenal in a 1on1 and you don't use one, it's pretty much an instant lose.

Rakata med pacs and rakata stims are a little OP for Warezones.

5k health and 15% more health for 20 secs, and with the poor Trade skills design from the start.

Most people are biochem, its a fair assumption at least 40% of the general pop have biochem. ( pure speculation)

Rakata stims where a good idea in theory however its seem like with the rest of your great ideas you didnt think to balance them for warzones.

You have pretty much forced anyone who wanted to do competitive pvp to be biochem.

Soloutions:

Either Remove the ability for them to be used in Warzones...or allow anyone to use them not just biochem.

god these posts annoy me.

1. rakatta medpack is better than any other healing ability.

2. addrenals are reusable.

3. blue stims are better than reusable so u have access to the same stims,reusable are just free.

this is the advantage to being a biochem.

now ANYONE can use the pvp medpack which are better than the ultimate medpack (the second best medpack)

and ANYONE can use the expertise boost which is better than addrenal or really close...

go QQ about cybertechs or something i mean my god they have grenades and i dont. i cant even buy regular grenades. this game is so unfair... why bioware do you make me choose between crafting skills.

/sarcasm off

their are 2 things a vet mmo player will tell you.

1. always choose the medical craft skill- this is 1 profession that people can buy the same thing from you repeatedly

2. never make a melee dps if you want to pve alot. (off topic but very true)

the fact that bioware gave people a reason to be anything but biochem is amazing.

Any reasonable person should see that Biochem provides a permanent statistical advantage that you cannot otherwise reasonably gain (at all times) by being trained in any other profession. (infinite wealth is rarer than you might think)

I don't understand why you need biochem to use a rakata stim/adrenal/medpac.

Once you buy an augmented vest from an armormech, you don't need to buy that item ever again (for that character) and it is best in slot from now too future change.

So why can't Armormechs (with a reasonable amount of wealth) obtain the same advantages biochems enjoy ?

There are blue stims almost as good as the rakata ones, buy them from a biochemist in your guild they perstist through death.

The rakata med pack is nowhere as good as the wz med pack the only use it has is open world pvp, (this does not apply for tank sins, but I will not go into that).

The best pvp profession at the moment is cybertech due to the rakata cryo grenade, period.

With a reasonable amount of wealth you will be able to purchase biochem goods that will put you en par with the reusable ones all reusables have been "nerfed".

Edited by Bazzoong

Rakata reusables were already nerfed twice, last nerf in 1.2, making them worse then exotech. Also the medpack never heals for 5k, usually it's around 3.5-3.8k. The extra 15% max HP is pretty useless, unless you have a healer on you it will do nothing - and in general if you have a healer on you, you won't use your medpack.

You can use up to 10 medpacks in a 15 minute match, and in theory there's really no reason to not use a medpack if cost isn't a concern. That'd set you back 100 WZ commendations per match, so even if you win every match you play it'd barely pay for the cost of the consumables you use.

and that doesn't even cover the cost of the WZ adrenal you use every 3 mins. This being said it's pretty hard to deny that Biochem gives a statistical advantage in pvp unattainable by any other profession which any reasonable person would view as imbalance and any serious pvper will know (being forced into biochem by such knowledge).

Edited by Girltank

Expertise pvp andrenal and healing pvp med pac >>> biochem . Also rakata heals for 3.8k. The only thing worth taking biochem for is the attribute stims.

Also with all that 'phat cash' the other crafts are making from sell augments and augment modable gear, they could actually purchase non-reusable stims .... you know actually creating ... an economy.

protip: Blue non-reusuable lv 48 healing medpac >>>>>> rakata medpak.

Edited by Orangerascal

Expertise pvp andrenal and healing pvp med pac >>> biochem . Also rakata heals for 3.8k. The only thing worth taking biochem for is the attribute stims.

Also with all that 'phat cash' the other crafts are making from sell augments and augment modable gear, they could actually purchase non-reusable stims .... you know actually creating ... an economy.

protip: Blue non-reusuable lv 48 healing medpac >>>>>> rakata medpak.

or better, have both.

alts can make 'phat cash', main biochems not spending a penny for the non-reusable stims.

really don't understand why the aversion for other crafters to be able to use biochem reusables if they're just really so bad anyway.