Secret to beating a Marauder. Don't 1v1 us

Wrestle

What nonsense. Everything in this thread. Nonsense.

"Don't 1v1 us?"

Try 1v1ing my sniper with any marauder.

I GUARANTEE you will not get a SINGLE POINT OF DAMAGE on me.

The actual title is "Don't try to 1v1 a marauder in melee range." Which should be obvious. They are the highest damage melee class. Duh?

Marauders are so easy it isn't funny. They have NO snare or root breaks at all unless in the middle tree, then they get 1. And they can do no damage outside of 4 yards, and can't even generate their ability resource outside that range...

Combine these concepts.

I see bounty hunters and snipers try to take on maras in melee range ALL THE TIME. I imagine they all go to the forums straight after getting their face ploughed in.

Kite them! Snare them! Their 'spammable' snare costs rage, which they can only generate in melee range and they can't break roots, ever!

Accuracy debuffs work on them! They are one of the only classes on who abilities like obfuscate work since 99% of their damage is from melee hits, not tech or force attacks.

They have no CC at all! Just engage them in group pvp. 2v2. They can't mez or kite or stun, at all, so you can focus them down...undying rage lasts for FIVE SECONDS PEOPLE. And it has an obvious animation.

Maras are really easy, you just need to l2p.

Careful, you might pop their bubble that they aren't good at this game.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Don't 1v1 us?"

The actual title is "Don't try to 1v1 a marauder in melee range." Which should be obvious. They are the highest damage melee class. Duh?

Marauders are so easy it isn't funny. They have NO snare or root breaks at all unless in the middle tree, then they get 1. And they can do no damage outside of 4 yards, and can't even generate their ability resource outside that range...

Combine these concepts.

I see bounty hunters and snipers try to take on maras in melee range ALL THE TIME. I imagine they all go to the forums straight after getting their face ploughed in.

Kite them! Snare them! Their 'spammable' snare costs rage, which they can only generate in melee range and they can't break roots, ever!

Accuracy debuffs work on them! They are one of the only classes on who abilities like obfuscate work since 99% of their damage is from melee hits, not tech or force attacks.

They have no CC at all! Just engage them in group pvp. 2v2. They can't mez or kite or stun, at all, so you can focus them down...undying rage lasts for FIVE SECONDS PEOPLE. And it has an obvious animation.

Unfortunately, people don't care. They'd rather everything get nerfed into the ground than to actually take the slightest bit of effort at learning the mechanics of their enemies.

How many times have we told people how to counter Operatives?

How many times have Operatives been nerfed?

How many bads continue to QQ about Operatives?

/facepalm

The biggest prob with Maras and Sents 1v1 is it's never 1v1. While the Mara/Sent jumps on you and is upclose and personal you lose focus on the pocket healer this so called OP toon has. It's never a 1v1 fight because they know they are screwed when kited away from the rest of their group.

Not only that but when you actually get them 1v1 and stomping them, their Mara/Sent buddy they came into the WZ with will jump on you and there is NO winning against the 2.....although most times you kill atleast the one.

"Don't 1v1 us?"

Combine these concepts.

Well said. And I hate you sniper. I really do. Signed....Mara

Unfortunately, people don't care. They'd rather everything get nerfed into the ground than to actually take the slightest bit of effort at learning the mechanics of their enemies.

How many times have we told people how to counter Operatives?

How many times have Operatives been nerfed?

How many bads continue to QQ about Operatives?

/facepalm

So true... I've pvp'd with 4x 50's at this point, and felt effective with every class. I've played against other 50's who were superstars at their class, and rerolled... and guess what? They were good with that class too.

Skilled players take the time to understand the proper counters to other classes. If you don't understand what other classes are using to kill you, how the heck do you expect to beat them? I'll admit when I first started playing, my own progression went something like this.

1. Rolled a sage, got roflstomped by operatives.

2. Rolled an scrapper operative, realized how useless I was at team utility and overall influence of the game.

3. Rolled a focus guardian, since they were stomping for 5k and could guard/taunt, to make up for the lack of utility and mobility of a scrapper.

4. Rolled a vanguard after getting sick of how easily countered and unpredictable focus sweeps were. Guardians also make subpar tanks compared to vanguards.

5. Rolled a sentinel. A well played sentinel was hard to handle as a vanguard.

6. Rolled a shadow after losing at hutball so many times due to lack of utility.

My discovery? Big surprise...all classes are good at some things, and bad at others. Shadow is where i'm at now, and I do find the gameplay much more boring compared to a sentinel.

I solo'd 2 marauders at the same time as a dps sorc yesterday :D

True story.

They didn't have their cc breakers up, but still. They weren't bad marauders either, they are geared. I just know how to play my class effectively.

"Don't 1v1 us?"

Combine these concepts.

^this. My guildie is a Sent and he was wasting me in 1v1s. Did I come cry for nerfs? No... I asked him how he did certain things and asked for tips on counters, etc. People would be surprised how much you can learn about another class if you take the time. So maybe not just L2P, but know your class and learn your enemy's class.

the funny (but sort of sad thing about this) is that ppl were saying the same thing about sorc/sage not so long ago.

The reality is that some ppl have pointed out on many occasions.

When a person is defeated/bettered in pvp, they will do one of two things, either acceptance or denial.

Now of course taking into account the relative balance of the game.

Some will take an objective look at what happened and attempt to correct this by being better, faster, smarter etc..

on the other side of the spectrum there are those that have a somewhat fragile ego, they cannot accept the idea that someone outplayed them or had a e.g gear advantage that they could easily aspire to, so they try to justify this line of thinking by insisting the other player had (in this case) a specific class advantage that allowed them to win.

This is fine (and inevitable) but unfortunately those ppl who choose option b coincidentally have a tendency to flood onto these forums en masse.

I agree 80% of the PVP forum community are telling lies about Marauders being OP. Lies all lies.

Get a Mara (or Sent) buddy to peel them off you works well too, especially if they are the better player...

Sorcs/Sages are like the drama Queens on a chess board, very dangers and deadly but you always try to protect your drama queen...

lol i had to :D

I agree 80% of the PVP forum community are telling lies about Marauders being OP. Lies all lies.

ok and along that line of thinking, do you also believe that sorcs were as grossly overpowered as *%80 of the forum community believed?

bottom line is this game %100 perfectly balanced? of course not and the fact is pvp at 50 is so gear dependant that it is actually very difficult to tell. The real 'op' in this game is about gear, its where actually even not os hot players can truthfully say they didnt have a chance and it wasnt because of lack of skill.

Edited by Gigabolt

Sniper/Gunslinger and Jugg/Guardian can beat them in 1v1...also Ops/Scoundrels can give um trouble as well.

I think the real problem is people cannot admit they were outplayed. I have seen every class in this game shine with the right spec and player playing them.

Silly me! That's it!! Those Marauders that I was beating pre 1.2 must have gone to Marauder shool and got amazingly better! And I at the same time, seem to have have become a horrible PvPer that's IT, why didn't I think of that!! :rolleyes:

What you need to do is get a tank, a healer, and a dps... With this, you have a shot at beating that mara/sent.

so that's 3:1, while somewhere in the back a healer is healing the marauder/sentinel and he ends up killing the three people who are focused on killing him, if this isn't OP then I'm Chuck Norris

LoL I melt marauders with my sniper, they come in, by the time they are in melee I have them down to 1/2 -1/4 health, knocke em back, they use undying rage, i root them, or if in melee range I stun them and type /laugh and let their undying rage wear of, and use takedown when it wears off. Me 3/4 to full health, marauder, dead.

LoL I melt marauders with my sniper, they come in, by the time they are in melee I have them down to 1/2 -1/4 health, knocke em back, they use undying rage, i root them, or if in melee range I stun them and type /laugh and let their undying rage wear of, and use takedown when it wears off. Me 3/4 to full health, marauder, dead.

this, snipers hard counter maras. though snipers in general a very under represented class, easily the lowest pop class

Edited by Gigabolt

well, even though you have some good points you are also talkjing a lot of nonsese....

Combine these concepts.

1. they can jump to close the gap and than snare you as well.

2. they can do damage outside of 4m range. depending on spec it is quit a lot for the short time they may be waiting for their jump cd

3. you seem to judge it only from the persepective of your sniper. other classes are in a total different situation.

well, basically it is right, that as a bountyhunter/trooper yiou should try to kite the mara/sent as much as possible.... THOUGH this is only for a short amount possible:

1. they can close the gap and slow you too

2. as powertech/vanguard you need to get quite close to do some significant damage

neverless you are right that most are not even trying to kite which is a big mistake.

again wrong. they can generate focus out side of melee range. they have some abilities for this. second they can jump on you which also generates focus ;)

well true, accuracy has some impact on their damage, but 88 of their dmg being from "melee" (i assume you mean here weapon damage that is affacted by accuracy) is so damn wrong. not even close! it is more around 50%, which i admit is still a number worth using accuracy debuffs if you have any.

it's getting absurd....

i am not on that overpowered train but what you are writing here is more nonsense than most of the post here. beside of your ignorance regarding the possibilities of other classes and speccs.