Containment Officer Armor topic

siegeshot

I was one piece away, the waist piece, to complete my Containment Officer Armor. I wanted it for RP reasons.

I want to avoid the "knew it was ending" argument. The little broadcast things said nothing about it, which is what I was going by. They acted like the plague would keep going. I guess I expected a "pt. 2" so I could finish my suit at least. Wanted the title too, again for RP reasons but ..

Am I the only one that didn't get to finish their suit that wanted to? Are you holding out for a "pt. 2" so we can see a finale and finish our suits? I loved the way they looked.

They will probably do this later on, maybe a year from now, maybe 2 years or maybe 6 months, in my opinion they will redo this, either in the same location or on another planet, with a variant of quests and slightly different gear.

I'm not an RPer but i do enjoy to collect sets of items, especially limited ones, just so i can go to my mate "Hey check out this sexy gear, sweet aye?" I missed out on 1 piece, it did not effect me to much as it was the belt, and you don't notice it to much.

Atleast it was only the belt you lost and not like the chest or pants or a few pieces.

I'm annoyed as hell at the way they implemented the armor set dailies in conjunction with the short duration of the event. It doesn't inspire much confidence in their focus and outlook toward their playerbase.

Whats making you so upset they did it correctly as far as im concerned i acquired everything due to my week off so it was perfect. No reason to be sore theres always next event :)

Whats making you so upset they did it correctly as far as im concerned i acquired everything due to my week off so it was perfect. No reason to be sore theres always next event :)

That kind of encapsulates the whole problem there- as you said, you got everything due to your week off.

Most people didn't have the week off, and the quest chain portion wasn't handled well. Unlock over multiple days? Sure, why not. Require people to individually unlock them over multiple days? That's just being cruel.

I had no issues with the gear other then it was LIGHT ONLY. So I got Kira Carson in the full set. I also got 7 crystals and 2 pets. All I did to get the dnas was hang out on fleet and watch TV while exploding and getting reinfected. It was so easy.... I take it your not guilded cause I had so much help from guildies all the way up to level 50.

I had no issues with the gear other then it was LIGHT ONLY.

Ugh, no kidding... although really, for me that's more just a generic complaint about the egregious lack of non-light social gear period.

Two options I'd be fine with: Put in medium and heavy social gears, or make social gear *entirely* "social" and have it be zero-stat, non-orange.

Edited by Liokae

I feel your pain as I didn't have the time to complete the set either but to be honest the point of events like this to is get people to play more because of limited time content... by making it so you had to play days in a row to complete the set, which is vanity only so no one can complain it gives an advantage, is a good tactic...

Ugh, no kidding... although really, for me that's more just a generic complaint about the egregious lack of non-light social gear period.

Two options I'd be fine with: Put in medium and heavy social gears, or make social gear *entirely* "social" and have it be zero-stat, non-orange.

I heard somewhere (and no I don't have a link to back this up so take it with a grain of salt) that in a future patch all social gear will scale to your class's armor level. If true, I think that's a good solution.

A lot of people had finals week during the event week, too... They were very wisely holding off on TOR and then come back on to realize they missed something cool.

If anything this kind of event should be done towards the beginning of semesters or over summer/holiday break when people are known to play more.

I heard somewhere (and no I don't have a link to back this up so take it with a grain of salt) that in a future patch all social gear will scale to your class's armor level. If true, I think that's a good solution.

Yep, it's coming soon. I think they said something about it at the Summit too.

Edited by Stenrik

what annoyed me was I didnt see anywhere in game that said "you need to do the dailys every day in a row" so I logged in first day did dailys and next 2 days or so I was busy with pvp in my play time and an alt. so then I hit 50 with an alt and got a quest for the event that I had not received on my alt (even though I infected a couple of people with the plague) so I came to the forums and then research led me to another link, which then basically said "you do this the prior day and get this quest. So then I spent next few days and sure enough, missed out by 1 day the chest piece. Also missed the helm due to clicking too quick(and I'm 99% sure the helm was actually selected as it had the thick green border)

I'm glad it was perfect for you, but I had to work. Also chaining dailies like that is a first for me, so I didn't understand the mechanic.

I think there is a reason to be sore.

If I am not mistaken someone from Bioware said that they are planning on having the social gear scale to the armor level of he character wearing it. SO if you are on a heavy armor wearing toon, equipping the social gear would make it a heavy armor.

I've read that as well and believe it to be overdue.

Furthermore, I'll make the statement that all armor is actually Social Armor if we're going to be technical.

Edited by Kaedian

I hate people didn't get the full armor set. I didn't get it on all of my alts due to not having time to run all the missions everyday on them. However if you RP, you can actually use it in your RP element and claim a rakghoul ripped off your belt in a fit of rage and you barely escaped with your life is someone askes you why your pants are sagging. :D

A lot of people had finals week during the event week, too... They were very wisely holding off on TOR and then come back on to realize they missed something cool.

If anything this kind of event should be done towards the beginning of semesters or over summer/holiday break when people are known to play more.

Yep, it's coming soon. I think they said something about it at the Summit too.

Not all of us are still in school ...

I've read that as well and believe it to be overdue.

Furthermore, I'll make the statement that all armor is actually Social Armor if we're going to be technical.

Technically you'd be completely incorrect. Social Armor is armor that requires a social rank pre-req to wear (Social 1 or higher).

I don't remember offhand if the containment armor requires a social rank. If it does, it's social armor, if it doesn't it's just light orange armor (Event Armor)?

Technically you'd be completely incorrect. Social Armor is armor that requires a social rank pre-req to wear (Social 1 or higher).

I don't remember offhand if the containment armor requires a social rank. If it does, it's social armor, if it doesn't it's just light orange armor (Event Armor)?

I stand corrected in that I should not have capitalized the phrase. However the point is, with the modular system of armor in this game, the vast majority of armor is chosen for looks rather than stats, further complemented by the addition of the color matching system. FWIW the Containment Set does have a Social I requirement.

I stand corrected in that I should not have capitalized the phrase. However the point is, with the modular system of armor in this game, the vast majority of armor is chosen for looks rather than stats, further complemented by the addition of the color matching system. FWIW the Containment Set does have a Social I requirement.

Eh wouldn't have said anything but you did said technically :)

I spose now they're asking for feedback. So I tweeted @JamesOhlen The Rakghoul content far exceeded my expectations, but I didn't get to finish my suit. Wanted it for RP reasons. Sad about this.

That's about the best I can do I suppose. I don't mind things being rare but there was little room for error the way the dailies were chained. I love that chaining system, but a small heads up, or a few days to try to wrap the chain up would have been swell. Those gear sets don't imbalance much and shouldn't upset the crafters too much. A few days wouldn't really upset the economy or anything I can think of. Bah I don't know.

I just think the social gear is fairly harmless. Art is subjective and.. I don't know. I just don't think the Containment Officer Armor was harming much. Would have liked to finish my suit.

i missed out on the chest and belt for 2 of my alts who were a little too low for tatooine when the event started, so by the time i got them levelled, i had missed the first few days, yes its annoying, yes i knew it was gonna end on the 24th, no i didnt know at the time that i had to start with the missions in the dune sea before largona in order to unlock the next days mission. all in all, it sucked!