Ban Players who frequently leave warzones.

Magisch

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The range could be from 1 hour to permanent. They destroy other people's fun alot.

They can't. Then there would be no warzones for hours at a time. Then everyone would unsubscribe.

They are in a very precarious position with respect to changes that will piss off the fanboys.

The range could be from 1 hour to permanent. They destroy other people's fun alot.

What about their fun?, you can't ask someone that is not having fun because their team is not good enough to stay.

Edited by tiguelinus

What's worse, people that leave warzones or people that stay there doing nothing to contribute to the warzone to avoid a penalty for leaving it?

Note that one scenario at least has the possibility of someone else joining and turning things around.

I leave warzones all the time if it turns out to be full of untrained monkeys. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it and I'll keep doing it. It's far better than getting a stomach ulcer.

^ This. Also I generally leave WZs that start out 4 vs. 8 because there is no way to win that match nor will you earn enough medals/valor/etc. to be worth it. Same deal for the "Untrained Monkeys", if you show yourself to be the only competent player on the enemy team you become the focus target and will be lucky to earn the minimum 3 medals to get any credit. Please note that before the 1.2 patch I averaged 6 medals a match as straight DPS. Now I average about 10, except in games with the so-called "Untrained Monkeys".

The really sad part is that these WZs aren't that hard to figure out what to do and what not to do.

Give me one reason I should stay and help 4-5 window lickers get their welfare gear?

Edit: Dont say "Oh you should be playing for fun"... I am... And getting kerb stomped because 4 people on my team not only have horrible gear but are keyboard turning monkeys is not my version of "fun". Only winning is fun.

Edited by Izshin

On behalf of the rest of the universe, I'd like to collectively apologize if you're offended that we don't live our lives to suit your desires.

The moment you start paying an hourly salary commensurate with our experience is the moment that we'll start to play SWTOR to in a manner that puts your fun ahead of ours.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Have a nice day! :)

Many other Games like League of Legends, WoW, Rift and Halo have got such systems. What keeps Star Wars from getting it?

As a hardcore pvp'er let me spell it out for you...

Bads POV: BAWWWW THE GUY WITH MAD GEAR THAT WAS CARRYING US LEFT

HC PVPer: I hope I dont get this many window lickers next BG.

Edited by Izshin

So Let me see if I do understand...I end on a Pug full of lemmings running all around the map like chickens, chasing kills, not focusing at all on wining the game...I leave the game cause i don't identify with that kind of play style and i have better stuff to do with my play time like for example feel the sweet taste of victory, and I should get a penalty for that! lol go to a doctor! lol.

Let put the other way....ban all the lemmings that doesn't have a clue from what to do in game and reimburse their 15$ month on my bank account...***.!! does you people have nothing better to do!

"Please be advised that interactions and activities that occur as part of player versus player combat on this type of server are not considered a form of harassment or actionable behavior by Customer Service."

Seems to me that imposing a ban for leaving a warzone would be a complete contradiction of this statement.

It´s always the same old problem: You can patch the game but you can´t patch players.

Yes, Bioware could introduce a penalty system if other people don´t want to play with you.

It may prevent people from leaving who are doing so out of greed - the people farming victories for their quests and suchlike.

But that´s about all it can do.

It won´t make people better players. It won´t keep people from leaving who can´t control it (technical issues) or who have more important/other things to do. It won´t make people happy who leave because their "team" deserves to be left. And in most cases it won´t make you win that Warzone.

It may be easiert to offer a "surrender" - option. That wouldn´t keep the other team from winning but prevent the outnumbered side from having to suffer through the match if they agree that it is hopeless and no fun.

Another option would have been to add quests that reward staying until the end. (These were just struck from the game). Still another option would have been to ad quests that reward partial successes of the team. Lika scoring goals in huttball (even if you loose in the end), or capturing towers in Alderaan (one is better than none), of points in Voidstar (0:6 is much worse than 5:6, so give them some quest rewards for the latter)

Edited by XElementalX