New forums

Foxcolt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing! Even because of this there is people complaining! Some people must have a terrible life. They're never happy with anything. There are alternate colors on the posts and the line separating the signature from the post text. What more do you want?

This is amazing! Even because of this there is people complaining! Some people must have a terrible life. They're never happy with anything. There are alternate colors on the posts and the line separating the signature from the post text. What more do you want?

Maybe we want things like to be able to glance at a forum and tell which thread has new posts easily? Or maybe people have bad vision and have trouble distinguishing between two very similar colors. Most people with complaints aren't saying "OMG this is terrible!" they're just pointing out that there are some things that the new design made more difficult compared to the old one.

My biggest complain is that the new layout and color scheme is hard on my eyes. Like...literally difficult for my eyes to adjust and read. I can feel the strain in them as I read over this very thread.

I think the color scheme is way too dark and the layout does not focus your eyes where they are supposed to go, which is the first thing you learn in any college design course. All this frameless/borderless stuff is terrible on the eyes.

I like how the dev tracker, server status and patch notes are placed very prominently. The font size will take some getting used to, though I haven't looked around much yet; maybe there are settings?

Well anyway, I was wondering what was taking so long this morning :)

Actually it might be more like this scenario:

Post constructive comments, get zero response from Bioware, get flamed, ignore flames, and try again.

Post constructive comments, get zero response from Bioware, get flamed, respond to flames, and get warning.

Post less constructive comments, get flamed, report flames, and reports ignored.

Post complaints, because by this time you don't care and it's fun. :p

Edited by WookieePower

Alternative colouring is fine in itself.

However there are a few readability problems I have already found myself experiencing, due to the up size of pretty much everything.

On initial forum load, at 1600x900 resolution the banner header takes up most of the screen realestate, and what little I can see of the forums is a over inflated image and rather large side links to the developer tracker.

I am guessing the redesign was aiming for easier accessibility... but may have gone slightly over board with the super sizing every single button, link and image humanly possible, when even typing this post requires me to scroll down the page to see the full post creation frame.