Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

I dont mind a competition every now and then, that is for US residents only...i trust that we will see simular contests in which only other countries can participate every now and then as well...right?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware is based in the US... they are making it US only because contest rules are incredibly fickle when you try to go international with it. Every country has different laws so it makes it incredibly difficult. It has nothing to do with them favoring the US or something. They are based there, so they can hold contests there very easily.

You will find you are mistaken...my young apprentice. About a great...many...things...read the first sentence of the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare

Bioware is Canadian. They have an office in Austin. So this contest only being open to US residents...is...silly.

Edited by Dodd

This...

Don't blame Bioware because your idiotic government where you are has laws that prevent you from taking part.

Public schooling at its best.

It's just shipping but nevertheless a bummer.

Edited by LexiCazam
IC- quote

You will find you are mistaken...my young apprentice. About a great...many...things...read the first sentence of the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare

Again, the specific branch that made TOR is based in the US. EA is also based in the US, which is almost certainly the company responsible for holding this contest. Yes, the HQ for Bioware is based in Canada.

Sweet so an outside company will have half the login information (email address) they need to start breaking accounts. Can't wait to start getting the spam emails my old wow account recieved due to Blizzard failing. I would be happy to enter the contest if BW would hold all information secret from the outside company.

Having seen this statue in person at EAHQ... it is pretty awesome. It's clearly a detriment to most people's marriages, but it's still pretty cool to say the least. I agree that selling it on ebay will net you some good cash. Lots of collectors out there that make paying for shipping a minimal expense.

there just buttering people up as they had a MASSIVE fail with the game update!

good job i love this game, still bioware = fail :D

correction; Bioware = Biofail

and since i sent this in, the warning e-mail is on its way because i hurt there wittle feewings

Edited by Nazzeus

It's not US only, they mean that if you live outside of the US you will have to pay any VAT or import fees in addition to the shipping costs.

I've signed up for it, I like in the UK.

Are you intentionally being dense or just unable to read english properly ?

Winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received by the end date and time for this sweepstakes. The winner will be contacted by email as well as posted to this contest page by May 14th, 2012.

This contest is only open to U.S. residents.

Additionally, the chosen winner must be a registered user of StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com' before the close of this contest and is responsible for any taxes that may be assessed on the shipping cost or value of the prize.

The prize's estimated shipping weight is 159 lbs.

The reason you can still enter your information is because they can sell it to spam companies that want to inform you of their wonderful new scams and garbage.

Not to mention those long lost relatives in Nigeria that need you to give them your bank details so they can transfer 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND) to you... but act quickly !

Again, the specific branch that made TOR is based in the US. EA is also based in the US, which is almost certainly the company responsible for holding this contest. Yes, the HQ for Bioware is based in Canada.

Nope, wrong again. Sideshow Collectibles does the promotion, not Bioware or EA.

And pointing out, that there is a Bioware subdevision in the US is like saying VW, Mercedes and Heckler&Koch were US firms because they have subdevisions there.

Edited by Karenai

Really! only US - Is it so f-ing expensive too ship that thing, so you couldnt let the whole community be a part of the contest!?

Really BW put your shiat together and look outside the window

- yeah its a whole world outside. :mad:

correction; Bioware = Biofail

and since i sent this in, the warning e-mail is on its way because i hurt there wittle feewings

I think you should get your own tv series or something. You are so brave and such a rebel. A true inspiration to young people.

Great way to contradict themselves in the competition.

At the top:

This contest is only open to U.S. residents.

At the bottom:

International winners (including EU regions) will be responsible for VAT, duties or import fees on the shipment of their prize that may be assessed by their governments. Due to custom requirements, the prize will be assigned a value of at least US$1.

I signed up anyway, let me choose UK and didn't cost me anything so in the unlucky event i win i'll have to fork out something to get it. Not many free to enter competitions cost you money if you win them.