Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Query: Why pay for the shipping and any taxes?

Statement: I want to know where it's coming from so that if I win, I won't be surprised about how much the shipping will be. And are we able to choose what shipping is used and how long for it to get here. Because I don't make hundreds. If we can choose that then I'd be happy.

Hmm I get something worth $6000 for 200-300? Thats bad?

Yeah well, if it was something useful I guess it would be a good deal. Now if some dude with a Malgus statue showed up on my doorstep claiming that this thing costed 6k dollars but I could get it for 300 I'd slam the door in his face.

OMG its true

'The winner is responsible for any taxes applied to the cost of shipping'

I thought ppl were just joking, hahaha you couldnt make this **** up

Check their estimated shipping chart, its going to be about 100$ to ship the thing, quit freaking out.

do you ever learn? posting this on today of all days? lol did the IQ level drop in America while I was away?

No, but I think it has dropped at where ever you are from. This isn't a BW/EA contest, it is a Sideshow Collectables AND EA/BW contest and I doubt that that other company said "Wow, patch 1.2 went bad, lets give away a $6000.00 statue to say sorry for BW/EA" ... It was probably planned to go live today regardless of the patch condition. Most business do work these kind of things out and set dates beforehand.

You might seriously need some help ....

Edited by Balrizangor

This contest is only open to U.S. residents. Additionally, the chosen winner must be a registered user of StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com'

Also dont get it, why talk about VAT etc for EU customers, AND the above sentence in the same portion of text.. so which is it, just for US or also EU ?

Just curious as i wont be entering because of the costs attached to winning :rolleyes:

No, but I think it has dropped at where ever you are from. This isn't a BW/EA contest, it is a Sideshow Collectables contest and I doubt that that other company said "Wow, patch 1.2 went bad, lets give away a $6000.00 statue to say sorry for BW/EA" ...

You might seriously need some help ....

Actually, it is both. I imagine EA/Bioware purchased the item, and as part of the deal, requiring traffic and free advertisement to Sideshow's website to drum up some business.

About $100.00

You're the only one here that has been smart enough to actually click the link that is on their page that tells you EXACTLY how much it will be for shipping of an item this size and weight. They tell you right there, yet you have people claiming its going to cost 300-500 for shipping alone + other taxes? I guess I shouldnt say anything, that way when one of the smarter people win and go there to get it handing out 200ish at most for an item worth 6000.00.

Edited by VanillaXpC

Yeah well, if it was something useful I guess it would be a good deal. Now if some dude with a Malgus statue showed up on my doorstep claiming that this thing costed 6k dollars but I could get it for 300 I'd slam the door in his face.

Id pay $1000 for it. Its awesome Id love to have it but $6000 is too much.

Nope, wrong again. Sideshow Collectibles does the promotion, not Bioware or EA.

And pointing out, that there is a Bioware subdevision in the US is like saying VW, Mercedes and Heckler&Koch were US firms because they have subdevisions there.

Then my underlying point is still correct. Sideshow's corporate office is based in the US.

Typical, US only... Ah well, it is not like I would win anyway. :p

There is actually a good reason as to why most contests like this are US only. There is an actual legality issue with contests of this nature in other countries where it can be illegal to accept prizes especially ones of this kind of monetary value. So legal eagles employeed by companies like Bioware or Turbine or Blizzard to name a few, will restrict the contests to US only where they know the federal laws involved and are able to put the contest forward appropriately.

This reasoning I gleaned from Turbine as a long time player of their games when they had similar contests and people outside the country asked for the reasoning behind this exact kind of issue.