Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipping is probably a couple hundred bucks... But I could use the money from the statue so I'll enter the contest. Probably can get $3k-4k or so for it.

Unlikely, if you ebayed it you might get back the cost of the shipping. If it was darth vader then maybe, but the character just isn't famous enough to get that much.

Edited by NasherUK

Alyson Bridge

Community Coordinator

^

Really? Servers go down twice for maintenance and won't be up for another couple/five of hours due to patch rollback, party bomb removed, ranked games put on hold, most of 1.2 legacy held for 1.3... and no info until you read the link to inform us non-americans that we can't sign up...

Coordination is a weee bit off, dontcha think?

Were you thinking people were going to be jumping for joy at this?

Maybe remove the post and try again in a few days. :rolleyes:

Yeah first they insult loyal customers by saying loyalty and value are based on the level of your toons.

Now this is supposed to excite us?

AND they dis their non-US customer base?

WHO THE HECK IS IN CHARGE OF PR at EA/BW?

/facepalm.

Here more soma for the masses ... :rolleyes:

Boo! Why no love for those of us outside the US?! Its already bad enough that when any maintenence happens on the servers those not in the US lose a vast majority of their play time and now this?

Bioware is based in the US... they are making it US only because contest rules are incredibly fickle when you try to go international with it. Every country has different laws so it makes it incredibly difficult. It has nothing to do with them favoring the US or something. They are based there, so they can hold contests there very easily.

Well perhaps they need to have a dynamic website that changes based on your region so that only the right customers see the right information. It just makes the rest of us seem very unloved :(

Bioware is based in the US... they are making it US only because contest rules are incredibly fickle when you try to go international with it. Every country has different laws so it makes it incredibly difficult. It has nothing to do with them favoring the US or something. They are based there, so they can hold contests there very easily.

You are right on one thing the team who made SWTOR is US based, Bioware HQ is in Edmonton Canada or was before EA bought them

The game is broken, servers will be offline for more then 12 hours during primetime and we are supposed to care about some stupid contest? Really?

nail on the head, not to mention after completely screwing over and telling a good proportion of their customer base they are not valued.

They decide to tell us in one of the most damaging PR failures seen for a long long time they launch a competition that

A) only USA can enter again alienating the rest of the world customer base

B) if you win you have to pay the postage yourself - just lol

Just when I thought BW couldnt show just how amateur they are they raise the bar.

great entertainment just wish the comedy show was on TV not my PC screen ;)

Starting today and continuing until May 11th, 2012, individuals who have registered accounts with http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com will be able to enter for a chance to win a life-sized figure of Darth Malgus, valued at nearly $6,000. To enter, make your way to the Sideshow Collectible’s contest page, and fill out their general contest form with your name, address, phone number and email. Remember to use the same email address that you used to register your Star Wars: The Old Republic account! If you do not yet have an account on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, you can create one by clicking the “Sign Up” button at the upper-right corner of the browser window and following the simple steps that follow.

Read More

can i get a life-size of Satele Shan instead?

This contest is only open to U.S. residents

Quelle surprise :rolleyes:

Yup, for the onehundredeleventyfifth time, only for the U.S...

Why do they even bother with giving us an option to choose country?

I thought this was a troll thread. :eek:

Seriously this thing is probably crazy scary looking, haha.

so did i........i moused over the thread and thought it was trolling the tauntaun pet you get for having a 50

also, i want a life size darth talon instead

You are right on one thing the team who made SWTOR is US based, Bioware HQ is in Edmonton Canada or was before EA bought them

I know their HQ is in Canada, but the branch that made TOR is in Austin, TX and EA is based in the US.

This contest is only open to residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least 18 years of age and who are registered users of the StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com website.

Second time BioWare trolled me today!

Edited by Tkerzis

Yeah first they insult loyal customers by saying loyalty and value are based on the level of your toons.

Now this is supposed to excite us?

AND they dis their non-US customer base?

WHO THE HECK IS IN CHARGE OF PR at EA/BW?

/facepalm.

Here more soma for the masses ... :rolleyes:

Of course they don't tell us it's US Only and on the contest page you can choose whichever country you want. Some American might win then everyone else gets spam, spam spam. How hard is it to type in the First Post "oh and BTW, Despite what the contest page might make you believe this is U.S Only"

Finally patch 1.2 Downtime 12 hours. oh 30 days for Free, NOPE! ok thats fine, im just an illoyal unwashed commoner, wow a Contest, US ONLY!

wont you PELASE stop ***** with us BW!

Starting today and continuing until May 11th, 2012, individuals who have registered accounts with http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com will be able to enter for a chance to win

That's just not true now is it? It was always going to be US only. I'm pretty sure we all knew that before we clicked. That's no excuse for the community team to post inaccurate information to the forums again. Not doing so well on that this week.