Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

Starting today and continuing until May 11th, 2012, individuals who have registered accounts with http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com will be able to enter for a chance to win a life-sized figure of Darth Malgus, valued at nearly $6,000. To enter, make your way to the Sideshow Collectible’s contest page, and fill out their general contest form with your name, address, phone number and email. Remember to use the same email address that you used to register your Star Wars: The Old Republic account! If you do not yet have an account on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, you can create one by clicking the “Sign Up” button at the upper-right corner of the browser window and following the simple steps that follow.

Read More

Ya the catch is the winner must pay shipping and tax on said item.

shipping on 159 lbs (asuming it comes fully assembled) your looking at a 6x3x3 crate, according to Fedex rates that is roughly 2500USD in shipping.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll gladly pay the shipping cause if i win it, I'm gonna turn around and sell it for $6K

you would be lucky to make a 1k profit (if even that) considering the shipping cost, and it has little to no collectors value due to being a minor character from a video game in the expanded universe. So odds of even finding a buyer that would pay the shipping is slim to non.

Joining the apparently large group of non-US customers who pay the same damn subscriptions as US customers (not to mention local tax, something charged by no other MMO) and yet get a raw deal at every turn.

So, when can we expect our rebate, Bioware?

Or will you stop treating your non US customers as second class customers?

Oh it's for US only? Well, WHAT A FREAKING SURPRISE. Seriously either make it available to ALL COUNTRIES. Or don't make it available at all. Otherwise it's unfair to other people who want to win something due to being a subscriber. But can we -.- Noooooo, cause it has to be the US only now doesn't it.

/completely let down.

Oh it's for US only? Well, WHAT A FREAKING SURPRISE. Seriously either make it available to ALL COUNTRIES. Or don't make it available at all. Otherwise it's unfair to other people who want to win something due to being a subscriber. But can we -.- Noooooo, cause it has to be the US only now doesn't it.

/completely let down.

1. Don't blame BW for the complexity of specific national contest laws.

2. If the contest was open to all countries, the boards would be full of people crying because of the shipping costs.

Edited by Pathlight-

So if I win how much taxes are we talking about? Here in Texas, which is called Taxes by the locals, know all too well the expense.

So if I won this item valued at 6,000 (and that's valued not what I could actually sell it for) would cost me 360$ at 8% interest PLUS several hundred dollars in shipping fees? Something that size/weight is nearly 500$ shipping minimal.

Dear god people, READ! You aren't paying the shipping, you are paying the taxes on the shipping! It says that clear as day in the promotions page for the stupid contest.

all you guys qqing about the shipping. this is a 7ft statue of one of the coolest gaming characters of all time. this is the same statue bioware has in their office. this is a timeless collector's piece.

$500 shipping is reasonable for something like this.

You're not paying shipping anyways, so making an argument to this is moot and pointless. Taxes on the shipping!

Ya the catch is the winner must pay shipping and tax on said item.

shipping on 159 lbs (asuming it comes fully assembled) your looking at a 6x3x3 crate, according to Fedex rates that is roughly 2500USD in shipping.

WRONG! You are paying the taxes on the shipping. Why why WHY is it so hard for people to read?

this sucks! what about us european players? we'd like a life-sized Darth Malgus aswell. Really unfair!!!! :mad:

I am with you on this one, this complete BS. I am Canadian and I am not eligible for this contest. It should be available for all SW:ToR subscribers. YOU HEAR ME BIOWARE!? Open this contest to everyone, or the US resident is gonna get shanked by a nerd........just a prediction. I know how twitchy some nerds get.

Edited by Brebby

/completely let down.

Tell ya what... if I win it, I'll run a new contest for the thing, open for only people outside the US. You pay shipping though, ok? It can get hefty, just so you know! I wanted to mail a small package (less than 5 pounds and fit within my arms easily) from the US to Portugal. Over $200. About 190 euros. 238 Aussie dollars. That won't be a problem for you, will it? Oh and of course, you'll have to reimburse me the taxes I've paid on it too.

There is no doubt a perfectly sensible reason this is only available in the US. Step back, calm down a ponder it a few.

Edited by Lunazen

I entered to win. I don't really want it. I have no place to put it and the scarring on the face is ugly.

If I win, I will re-gift it.

As someone else said. You pay Shipping. COD.

Only people outside of the Continuous USA will be eligible. (this means if you live in Hawaii or Alaska, you can enter).

This is complete rubbish. Are you going to do a European competition too? You can blame the laws all you want. But what self respecting company holds competitions for just the american part of their sale base?

Oh an American company.. If they were truly serious about doing a proper competition they would do something everyone could apply too. Enough said.

Is it the same people holding these competitions as the ones fixing the bugs what never get fixed? or the guys who hire 1 gm to deal with 1000's of tickets?

Getting close to my tether and i shall be going back to Blizard soon bioware.

This is complete rubbish. Are you going to do a European competition too? You can blame the laws all you want. But what self respecting company holds competitions for just the american part of their sale base?

Oh an American company.. If they were truly serious about doing a proper competition they would do something everyone could apply too. Enough said.

Is it the same people holding these competitions as the ones fixing the bugs what never get fixed? or the guys who hire 1 gm to deal with 1000's of tickets?

Getting close to my tether and i shall be going back to Blizard soon bioware.

Yeah, because Blizzard just NEVER has contests that are eligible to U.S. residents only!!

Oh, wait...

:rolleyes:

I want a life-sized figure of Satele Shan!!!

true

a life sized satele shan (the younger) is much more preferable than this despicable sith..

SWTOR should be about the good jedi , not pampering to the evil empire players..

true

a life sized satele shan (the younger) is much more preferable than this despicable sith..

SWTOR should be about the good jedi , not pampering to the evil empire players..

There are evil Jedi. There are good Sith.

You should do some research on Malgus before calling him flat out evil (By research i mean read the Wookiepedia page, lol.)

""He's definitely not a hero, and he's not an anti-hero. My goal was to create a character that readers can respect but still abhor. I very much enjoy writing characters who live in a moral twilight."

―Paul S. Kemp, on developing Malgus for The Old Republic: Deceived"

There are evil Jedi. There are good Sith.

You should do some research on Malgus before calling him flat out evil (By research i mean read the Wookiepedia page, lol.)

""He's definitely not a hero, and he's not an anti-hero. My goal was to create a character that readers can respect but still abhor. I very much enjoy writing characters who live in a moral twilight."

―Paul S. Kemp, on developing Malgus for The Old Republic: Deceived"

Read the book, excellent. Malgus was well done.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• 1 month later...
im guessing something of that size to be shipped will be around 300 bucks or so. Still, to win something thats worth 6 grand ill pay a couple hundred bucks to ship. gotta nice spot all ready for it if I win (crosses fingers)