Not Happy. Taugrim From Pro Guides,Pro Gameplay On Patch 1.2

Lord_Karsk

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Taugrim speaks people listen. If Bw had a small clue they would hire a guy like this and solve there problems overnite. For those that are dissing him, What have you ever done in the gaming world and posted it?.......hears crickets.......Thought so!;)

Blizzard actually did this with 2 GMs from top tier Everquest PvE Guilds.

Granted I think only one of them is still with Blizzard, and they created some PR nightmare during vanilla, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and Blizzard clearly did something right to have a good foundation.

Unfortunately for us, the people running PvP for SWTOR are the same people that did WAR. And for those of you that didn't experience that nonsense, let me tell you:

The worst is yet to come. Just as we lamented the passing of 1.0 and 1.1 for 1.1.5 and the death of Ilum, these inept people will having you pining for the days of 1.2 in just a few short patches.

Edited by Kyzr

A decent read, gets right to the points. Hits the nails right ont he heads: bad reward structures, damage increased too much while healing decreased too much.

I had no idea how much I enjoyed decent PVP until its gone.

A decent read, gets right to the points. Hits the nails right ont he heads: bad reward structures, damage increased too much while healing decreased too much.

How true.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I play marauder and 2 other classes. Crazy amount of defensive cooldowns and a buff to the ops group (assuming spec'd into it) that makes huttball laughable.

It's not easy to play, but has way more utility than every other class along with dps on the same level as any class. Only snipers are a pain since you can't jump on them.

Predation "cough"

F choke "cough"

Decent PvP? BM geared players in groups of 4 facerolling kids? Not what I call decent. Healers needed to be toned down, DPS was fine how it was. Just my two penneth.

The PvP rewards will be fixed, I've no doubt.

We've shown how much power we have as a community by the 30 day play time fiasco and it's subsequent U-Turn.

Keep the faith kids.

Even thou faith is almost gone when it come to swtor pvp we can always hope.

Nice read from Taugrim although his claim about saying Sent/Mara defensive cooldowns being out of control is something I've never heard him complain or even talk about before this blog post. The rest of it I've heard him talk about in one form or another before now.

He's dead on in terms of the tank-spec'd assassin class. It was one of the more overpowered class combinations (especially if using DPS gear), and the fact that it wasn't nerfed like so many other classes seems extremely strange.

PvP is now about which team brings more assassins and healers to the match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaywardOne

<<

Since November and up to 1.2, I have stated that SWTOR had the best class balance of the major MMORPGs. Of course, the balance was not perfect...

>>

No credibility right there. I couldn't disagree more.

PVP in SWTOR now is better than it has ever been.

Sure... Im gonna dispute everything he wrote by collecting information and drawing a conclusion, and just take your word for it that PVP in SWTOR is the best it has ever been.

Do I really need to tell you why you are a tool, or do you see it now?

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you're gonna piss on a respected players feedback you better damn well bring some arguments with you.

People like you ruin forums.

>>

Nope, don't see it. I can't agree with anyone that says pvp was balanced in any way pre 1.2. Tank Assassins have been a problem for weeks. There are classes with all of the utility and classes with little or none - do these classes pay for their overwhelming pvp utility with damage/heal potential weaknesses? No - the classes with the most utility can also heal and dps the most or as much as anyone can. And then there's the class that pushes one or two buttons and tops the charts (while killing key targets)...

People got used to the pvp. People learned to play it. And when they win they pat themselves on the back for being "tactical" (guard heals, make sure your team has heals, stagger your aoe ccs, etc.). But that doesn't mean it was balanced. Team composition (having the right classes on your team to the exclusion of others - nevermind tank/healer/nuker - you wanted the right healer/nuker classes) determined victory as much as anything. Especially in Huttball but not only in Huttball. SWTOR was the same as Wow but about 5 years behind in the class balancing until 1.2. 1.2 is not my ideal pvp game by any stretch but it is better than it was. Just because everyone (not just a few classes) can die a lot now does not mean the pvp has taken a turn for the worse. From what I've seen as an actual player of 1.2 many of the dynamics that were there before 1.2 are still there - good/geared healers can still ignore many melee and make a huge difference in terms of death counts, etc..

If you want to say I'm ruining forums, so be it but I really didn't think that the notion that this game's pvp has needed major balance changes since release (moreso than most other games I've recently played) was such a revelation. I could easily write 30 or 40 pages on the subject but I don't think it would mean much to most of the people reading - they've already made up their minds.

Edited by WaywardOne

- good, well geared healers can still ignore 1, maybe 2 undergeared melee who don't understand class mechanics and make a huge difference in terms of death counts, etc.

here, I fixed that for you.

Edited by Brendicus

The PvP rewards will be fixed, I've no doubt.

We've shown how much power we have as a community by the 30 day play time fiasco and it's subsequent U-Turn.

Keep the faith kids.

they will be "fixed" in the same way as you fix your dog

Heres the BW plan as I see it

lets say the intention is to make the rewards 60% more crappy than pre 1.2, they will make them 90% more crappy from the off and then give rewards "back" to the players in small doses so that when they reach the desired level (60% crappy) players will go "whooo this is so much more awesome than 90% crappy, thx Bioware for listening to the playerbase"

I know, I know, it sounds a little conspiracy theorist and perhaps I am giving them too much credit and they really are just stupid enough to have released 1.2 as it was intentionally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaywardOne

<<

Since November and up to 1.2, I have stated that SWTOR had the best class balance of the major MMORPGs. Of course, the balance was not perfect...

>>

No credibility right there. I couldn't disagree more.

PVP in SWTOR now is better than it has ever been.

Sure... Im gonna dispute everything he wrote by collecting information and drawing a conclusion, and just take your word for it that PVP in SWTOR is the best it has ever been.

Do I really need to tell you why you are a tool, or do you see it now?

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you're gonna piss on a respected players feedback you better damn well bring some arguments with you.

People like you ruin forums.

>>

Nope, don't see it. I can't agree with anyone that says pvp was balanced in any way pre 1.2. Tank Assassins have been a problem for weeks. There are classes with all of the utility and classes with little or none - do these classes pay for their overwhelming pvp utility with damage/heal potential weaknesses? No - the classes with the most utility can also heal and dps the most or as much as anyone can. And then there's the class that pushes one or two buttons and tops the charts (while killing key targets)...

People got used to the pvp. People learned to play it. And when they win they pat themselves on the back for being "tactical" (guard heals, make sure your team has heals, stagger your aoe ccs, etc.). But that doesn't mean it was balanced. Team composition (having the right classes on your team to the exclusion of others - nevermind tank/healer/nuker - you wanted the right healer/nuker classes) determined victory as much as anything. Especially in Huttball but not only in Huttball. SWTOR was the same as Wow but about 5 years behind in the class balancing until 1.2. 1.2 is not my ideal pvp game by any stretch but it is better than it was. Just because everyone (not just a few classes) can die a lot now does not mean the pvp has taken a turn for the worse. From what I've seen as an actual player of 1.2 many of the dynamics that were there before 1.2 are still there - good/geared healers can still ignore many melee and make a huge difference in terms of death counts, etc..

If you want to say I'm ruining forums, so be it but I really didn't think that the notion that this game's pvp has needed major balance changes since release (moreso than most other games I've recently played) was such a revelation. I could easily write 30 or 40 pages on the subject but I don't think it would mean much to most of the people reading - they've already made up their minds.

That's the point of Tanks though: They are supposed to be hard to kill (though not impossible).

Edit: Bioware has previously stated they wanted PVP not to be a gibfeast (or an DPS feast if you prefer) and it actually took some coordination between teammates on who to kill first etc.

Now it's basically "Kill everyone at once", which is taking the fun out of PVP (imo)

Edited by Celwinn

I feel this was one of his worse thought out articles touching on nothing really but opinionated views on 1.2 (Not to mention it's a small sample in each category)

I like Taugrim, but he should stick to guides (Which are well written).

He has a habit on the other side, of arguing his point even if it clearly makes no sense till he's blue in the face.

Edited by exphryl