Most of the new legacy features cost lots and lots of CREDITS?!?

shoobybomp

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its horse ****, and the devs even confirmed 3 times that it wouldn't require money, just legacy levels.

BS

not even remotely true. They always said that most legacy items would be either/or but some would require both.

Not to mention that the items that require both are all quality of life stuff that is in no way necessary to enjoy the game. They're there strictly for people who have more money than they know what to do with.

Ever hear of crafting?

I haven't bought a single medpack or stim since the game has launched. ;)

Yes, I have heard of crafting.

For the most part, I have held my crafting back, because if I don't, then my characters don't have enough credits to purchase the speeder training.

And, as the go beyond speeder training, all my credits get blown on training and mod swapping.

Yes, I know, there is no cost to directly place a new mod over an old one. But, if I did that, then my costs would be even higher because I'd have to buy all new mods for my companion, or spend gobs of time farming for commendations.

/shrug

To give you an idea with

2 x 50

1 x 44

1 x 43

1 x 39

1 x 26

1 x 14

1 x 13

I have less than 500k with all my characters.

So the legacy thing is clearly not for me.

There is plenty to unlock without credits, so it will benefit you either way.

All of your characters get the buff of any character that's finished act 2 (or faction equivalent). Depending on which classes those are it could be all 4 for you.

All of your characters get stat buffs from companions for whom you've done all of their quests and conversations.

All new characters get race unlocks from your 50's.

etc.

Also if you really want to pay for some of the credit unlocks you can afford at least some of them within 2 days time of dailies.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Pretty much this. I know people keep telling me how stupidly easy it is to earn money in this game, and that may be true if you have no life at all and can run every single daily every single day, but for the rest of us with jobs and kids, having to save up for a month just to get a vendor droid on my ship doesn't seem like a productive use of my time.

I'm not really complaining. Not really. I realize these are conveniences. Conveniences I'm going to do without. Just seems kind of a shame since I have legacy level 8, but there's nothing I feel really justifies the expense yet.

Any credits I save are probably going to go into PvP gear right now, and leveling trade skills. That's far more productive.

Gold farmer will never exist in this game because it's too dead. You don't open a coffee shop on the moon.

You mean we can't buy everything on the first day of release? Bummer, I was looking forward to getting all legacy done today and complain there is nothing to do. :(

Are you Legacy 50? Not many are, and I don't see why they couldn't gate it so you'd get at least the base reward (say, rocket boots) at a high Legacy level (30+).

Edited by Prismatico

Previously there was not enough to spend credits on. People doing regular dailies were getting into the millions easily. Not normally a big issue you'd think.

But that makes end game credits meaningless, ruins the end game economy and devalues the currency. S one side effect of this is pretty soon every alt has epic critted purple gear for every level due to just being able to buy it off the AH from players levelling their first toon who actually are strapped for cash.

If currency at end-game means something players have yet another reason to keep playing. Otherwise we hear people complain "I got me 10 mil credits in the bank. This game is borning. I can just buy anything I want rather than do anything to get it."

With doing Nightmare modes, and not getting any good credit drops in Operations, your credits start to dwindle down fast.

At least have better credit drops in Operations! And some of these prices for Legacy stuff is a little high!

300k for 3 min cooldown on your Fleet pass is steep price to pay IMO!

I am not saying it shouldn't cost something, although the legacy levels themselves definitely cost a lot of time. What I am saying is that I look at how much all those things cost and wonder how I will EVER be able to afford some of them. I guess you could call it "virtual sticker shock".

you must be a really low level, just running dailies i can amass 200k+ on my 50, i only have the weekends to play and have onlly been playing since feb. its not hard to get credits, i imagine i will have the important purchaseable stuff in a couple months. its good it gives me a goal to work twards, if you want to instantly have everything everyone else does then maybe black ops or battlefield3 is more your speed.

With doing Nightmare modes, and not getting any good credit drops in Operations, your credits start to dwindle down fast.

At least have better credit drops in Operations! And some of these prices for Legacy stuff is a little high!

If I'm not mistaken you can reduce the fleet pass by 6 hours total. Purchases are for 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours. That brings it down to 12 hours.

Quick travel is 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins. Bringing it down to 26min.

To give you an idea with

2 x 50

1 x 44

1 x 43

1 x 39

1 x 26

1 x 14

1 x 13

I have less than 500k with all my characters.

So the legacy thing is clearly not for me.

That's funny, because with:

3 x 50

1 x 28

1 x 16

I had ~35 million credits before I blew about 15 million on legacy stuff today.

you do realize that is permanent right? and for all characters? do you even have one 50? it will take all of one day to make 300k go farm T5 a couple times, there is 100k in about an hour, then go do dailies there is another 200 in about 3 or 4 hours.

.......Games are supposed to be fun not a bunch of repetitive nonsense designed for simple minds. I don't mind working for something or making it difficult to do, but when it becomes this huge grind-fest that is where I really start losing interest. I already have a job, why have a game that simulates another job?

I guess they have done their research and they feel that this plays well with the MMO crowd. To me it seems like a misguided attempt to keep subscribers. We shall see how it plays out.......

QFT! :mad:

Edited by Urael

For a new, and much touted system, it seems pretty much the same as leveling up a character and buying stuff when you unlock new skills / gear tiers. Am I missing something? Cuz right now I'm a bit miffed as to how they see this as a feature / selling point for the game.

For a new, and much touted system, it seems pretty much the same as leveling up a character and buying stuff when you unlock new skills / gear tiers. Am I missing something? Cuz right now I'm a bit miffed as to how they see this as a feature / selling point for the game.

Let's completely ignore any of the stuff that doesn't cost credits and call it a useless credit shop. (I'm not just referring to you)

Let's completely ignore any of the stuff that doesn't cost credits and call it a useless credit shop. (I'm not just referring to you)

Sell it to me then. Make me believe that this is something that was worth the wait and anticipation.

What?? People probably can't get every single unlockable legacy feature the day it goes live?

lol

This thread proves 2 things...

1) people have no clue how to search forums before posting.

2) some people, a small number at least, will never be happy with the game.

<3 Rintery

Edited by Meluna
rude

That's funny, because with:

3 x 50

1 x 28

1 x 16

I had ~35 million credits before I blew about 15 million on legacy stuff today.

Absolutely irrelevant.

The legacy system is way out of whack, absolutely overpriced and not worth the grind to obtain them.

Perhaps there are others like you that made piling up credits their manifesto, but I am not one of them. It makes legacy out of reach for me as I do not have 35 million credits piled up nor do I plan to grind to get them. My level 24 legacy is useless to me. I don't care about leveling my companions, as I am mostly interested in pvp. I don't care about other races, or an heroic moment skill I can use one time per hour. Everything else is millions of credits. So all the work I've done on my toons that contributed to Legacy is of no avail to me.

I think it is important the Bioware understands this.

Edited by Appletaz

Stuff that requires credits:

ship upgrades

transport perks

Stuff that does not require credits:

family tree

unlocking species

unlocking class buffs

unlocking companion buffs

unlocking alignment buffs

unlocking heroic moment abilities

unlocking new speeders

unlocking emotes

unlocking bar brawler abilities

unlocking dances

On the tooltip will be listed Unlock Requirements and Purchase Requirements. You do not need both. If you don't want to pay the credits then you can do what is stated under the Unlock Requirement.

I am pretty disappointed in the legacy stuff. Some of this stuff should just be standard with the game. Repair droids and GTN stuff on your ship? That should be standard.

It is the costs that will prohibit me from enjoying anything though. I pretty much retire my character once it hits level 50. I have no interest in doing level 50 content to get better gear to.....do the same level 50 content, just more efficiently. Not my personal cup of tea (in any MMO I have played). I enjoy playing the 1-50 game so much more, but in this part of the game you cannot really accumulate enough money to make huge purchases. Perhaps the speeder licensing cost reductions will help my final $$ tally when I reach level 50. :/