The Fatman Server

Dakneiros

I really feel so bad for you guys, playing on the most populated server, with people everywhere, must be so frustrating :rolleyes:

As is my understanding from checking the login screens, queue times on Fatman are consistently at 45+ minutes during peak hours with 600+ players in the queue. No one wants to wait 45 minutes to play a game during the only time of the day when they can play. The Sunday and Saturday queue's just a few days past were over an hour each.

To make matters worse, the servers aren't really designed to handle that many players online AND in a queue. Many Fatman players report frequent lag and even disconnections at critical moments. Get DCd during an operation? Get to the end of the line! 50 minute wait just for a DC is extremely frustrating for players.

There are a lot of high population servers that people can reroll to without clogging up the queue and worsening a problem. As I have said before, however, the responsibility is ultimately with BW. I just say all of this to get some perspective on the server so we don't think that it is all fun and games to have such high population.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is my understanding from checking the login screens, queue times on Fatman are consistently at 45+ minutes during peak hours with 600+ players in the queue. No one wants to wait 45 minutes to play a game during the only time of the day when they can play. The Sunday and Saturday queue's just a few days past were over an hour each.

To make matters worse, the servers aren't really designed to handle that many players online AND in a queue. Many Fatman players report frequent lag and even disconnections at critical moments. Get DCd during an operation? Get to the end of the line! 50 minute wait just for a DC is extremely frustrating for players.

There are a lot of high population servers that people can reroll to without clogging up the queue and worsening a problem. As I have said before, however, the responsibility is ultimately with BW. I just say all of this to get some perspective on the server so we don't think that it is all fun and games to have such high population.

we are actually sitting at 900+ now and growing every night. LOL we have a pandemic of rerolls on our hands. I for one believe the more the merrier though. If you are willing to wait for an hour to play on the server, well more power to you.

Rerolling to Fatman tonight. My server, which was Full at launch with server queues (Rakata Mind Prison PVP) is now completely dead. 20+ minute waits for warzones, less than 50 people on republic fleet at prime time, completely empty planets, etc.

This is entirely BW's fault. Server merges should have happened last month. I'll be joining the Fatman reroll train myself.

Rerolling to Fatman tonight. My server, which was Full at launch with server queues (Rakata Mind Prison PVP) is now completely dead. 20+ minute waits for warzones, less than 50 people on republic fleet at prime time, completely empty planets, etc.

This is entirely BW's fault. Server merges should have happened last month. I'll be joining the Fatman reroll train myself.

Other servers like Canderous Ordo, Swiftsure, Harbinger, Jedi Covenant, Ebon Hawk, etc. would suit your needs just fine. They have extremely high populations but with no queues. You would have all the benefits of being on Fatman without all of the drawbacks.

Less then 50? I don't think Kinrath Spider's Republic Fleet ever hits 30 these days.

Hell our Imperial Fleet barely dinged 60 before this week. Now it'll be steadily in the 75-90 range at least

The Fatman is the only EST PVP that has a heavy/full population and is mostly faction balanced (at most 1.5:1). No other EST PVP server even breaks heavy and the majority are faction biased towards imperials (vastly). The Fatman is just the newest Mal'ganis server.

Getting +200ms in latency using a PST server is unacceptable.

Edited by RocNessMonster

The REAL problem is with BW. BW needs to step in and do something about this issue. This can take the form of a temporary fix or a larger one. BW can just block all new players from rerolling on Fatman. Or BW can get those ridiculous server transfers/mergers going. I understand that the Aussie transfers are probably test runs for a wider program, but BW needs to act sooner rather than later.

So rushing out the game ahead of schedule and letting the players deal with bugs and broken or lack of content is not OK, but rushing out transfers/mergers that have the potential to be just as buggy is OK?:rolleyes: Only in the MMOverse.

AND ABOVE ALL ELSE: Where the heck is the official BW word on this on our own forums? BW absolutely needs to say something about this issue, even if it is a temporary "we are aware of the problem and are working to fix it. Solutions will be deployed soon".

You just saved them the trouble.

There are many articles out there already discussing the issue. They are working on it, and at an appropriate pace to avoid what I mentioned above. Remember, Patience is a virtue.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Other servers like Canderous Ordo, Swiftsure, Harbinger, Jedi Covenant, Ebon Hawk, etc. would suit your needs just fine. They have extremely high populations but with no queues. You would have all the benefits of being on Fatman without all of the drawbacks.

Uh, actually if the person you were responding to was wanting a PvP server, only The Swiftsure is another PvP server, the rest listed are either PvE or RP.

Maybe they could do something like the "game that must not be named" and offer free transfers for Fatman players to a designated low population server-- so those who are dissatisfied with the queues can bolster a server suffering due to lack of players, and help to cultivate that community. Especially the monster guilds that are full.

This, in addition to the paid transfers coming in the next few months, so those who find this too much to bear, can transfer to another server as queues are rare anywhere else.

So rushing out the game ahead of schedule and letting the players deal with bugs and broken or lack of content is not OK, but rushing out transfers/mergers that have the potential to be just as buggy is OK?:rolleyes: Only in the MMOverse.

You just saved them the trouble.

There are many articles out there already discussing the issue. They are working on it, and at an appropriate pace to avoid what I mentioned above. Remember, Patience is a virtue.

BJ

You will notice, given that you quoted it, that the MOST important thing for BW to do is just acknowledge on this forum that server transfers for all servers are being worked on. Should it be a priority? Yes. Should it get rushed through? No.

As to patience, I personally have no issue with waiting. I am speaking on behalf of the disillusioned masses who seem to be a lot more upset (justifiably, to an extent) with the wait. I have no personal stake in the issue, other than that I am a happy subscriber to this game and want it to be at optimal health.

Remember, the point is not for BW to roll out transfers too fast and full of bugs. The point is for them to more publicly acknowledge the problem on this forum or site and to admit to the player frustration.

Uh, actually if the person you were responding to was wanting a PvP server, only The Swiftsure is another PvP server, the rest listed are either PvE or RP.

I agree! It's a huge problem that BW got itself into. Players don't have a responsibility to get out of this problem, although you can't blame people for trying to guide them elsewhere. Ultimately, this comes down to BW and its pubic, candid acknowledgement of the problem on its own site and forums.

I don't mind the initial log-in queue time, because being on a dead server is so much worse.

However, I do mind the 10-30 minute queue to get back in after a disconnect during evening hours. Whether it be on my end of the internet connection or not... Knowing I can't get back in and help my guildies finish a FP just because of a server queue is annoying. Perhaps a 5-minute timer upon disconnect, or increase the server capacity (bandwidth wise, not population wise)?

I don't see why we can't have a "full" server without having to *wait* to get in. If someone has addressed that in the last 37 pages of this thread, I apologize.

i love the fatman great server and it always active. thats the price you pay is waiting to log in. Yes it sucks but no one forces you to play on it.

and dont play i was there 1st card and i was as well but no one cares about that and dose not matter.

I was very impressed with a thread recently, offering credits for anyone who would move to one of the low population servers (can't remember which now). It's a great incentive, and player driven. And by all accounts it works. So for the mid-level pop servers, get a guild fund going to attract more players. The funds stay on the server and more people come to play.

I believe that Aussies will be the first to get their server transfers, there will be subscription losses as the bugs are ironed out (no doubt someone will find something to gripe about), and then the greater population will receive the benefits of transfers. Much like when Australia got its first Caucasian inhabitants... sure it took a while to adjust, the natives were oppressed by the lvl50 toons coming in their ships, but in the end things settled down a bit more and now we keep our oppression to the later server transfers (mainly by boat). And you all get to see our swimmers blitz the Olympics!

• 3 weeks later...

As a new member (just got around to installing my game discs that have been sitting around for months) I was sad to find that the server I was playing on until level 22 has almost no one on it. Couldn't do the Sith flashpoint or any heroics. A few hours on The Fatman has caught me up to speed.

I'm more than okay with the high queue time as long as there are other meat-corpses to kill baddies with.