Poll: Which Top Priority? - Content (from 1.2 Onwards) or Server Merges/Transfers?

Calenei

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the exact opposite of what people where saying when they where sitting in a 2+ hours que.
Of course it is, and it's being said by two completely different groups of people.

I don't see how the one has anything to do with the other, other than the fact that BW probably opened too many servers in response to requests for more.

+1 for you...its easy for them to tell us that because they probably have been on a good server since the start...my server had standard pop the first month,but has been a ghost town ever since

Not me. Rubat Crystal died off pretty early, and the RP-PVE server wasn't ever one of the most full in the first place. I'd say after the first month or so, I was in the same boat as you.

But I simply did the calculations. When I listened into the Guild Summit, and they announced again that it would be some 2 months before the transfers were ready for the Asia/PAC players ONLY, followed by transfers for the rest of the players "sometime after that", I realized I could sit around waiting for someone to fix my problem for me for 3+ months, or I could take the initiative and do it myself.

I chose the second option, and have never regretted it since.

But this is just life. It's full of people who are tossed this way and that waiting for someone else to hand them something or to make their lives better while they sit around and complain, and the rest of the people who realize that you may often choose your own path, and it is within your own power to improve your conditions.

Thankfully I am not one of the former crowd.

Not me. Rubat Crystal died off pretty early, and the RP-PVE server wasn't ever one of the most full in the first place. I'd say after the first month or so, I was in the same boat as you.

But I simply did the calculations. When I listened into the Guild Summit, and they announced again that it would be some 2 months before the transfers were ready for the Asia/PAC players ONLY, followed by transfers for the rest of the players "sometime after that", I realized I could sit around waiting for someone to fix my problem for me for 3+ months, or I could take the initiative and do it myself.

I chose the second option, and have never regretted it since.

But this is just life. It's full of people who are tossed this way and that waiting for someone else to hand them something or to make their lives better while they sit around and complain, and the rest of the people who realize that you may often choose your own path, and it is within your own power to improve your conditions.

Thankfully I am not one of the former crowd.

Do you realize that not everyone has the time to reroll? I don't think you understand this concept that people work and have responsibility outside of the game.

I'm glad re-rolling worked for you. Don't presume that it will for everyone else.

Do you realize that not everyone has the time to reroll? I don't think you understand this concept that people work and have responsibility outside of the game.

I'm glad re-rolling worked for you. Don't presume that it will for everyone else.

This. I can't believe that guy you responded to is making that comparison. Apparently paying for a game and expecting an equal experience to other players = wanting a handout. LOL. The server issue is obviously the top priority with the players, but it is obviously not BW's top priority. Show some respect to the people who pay your salary.

Mark me down for a server merg/transfer vote, btw.

Sorry, this is a completely failed argument.

If you had the time to get where you have in 3 months, you have the time to re-roll.

The only POSSIBLE way you could convince me otherwise is if you have rolled 16 level 50 characters of each available advanced class. Even THEN, you could duplicate one of those 16 advanced characters and choose the opposite Force path, LS or DS, or choose an opposite gender from what you currently have in your 16 advanced class characters, and have a significantly new experience as you will have completely different voiceovers for your character.

All in all, there are 8 classes with 2 advanced classes each, 2 possible genders, and 2 possible options between a Light/Dark character. And for the sake of this particular argument, I'm even ignoring the fact that there are 3 different possible specs you can set up with a number of combinations between.

8 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 64 different possible game experiences

No one in this game has 64 level 50 characters of all possible options.

If you want to continue to be contrarian, take the 64 possible game experiences and multiply by 3 possible specs each, equating to 192 possible permutations. Then multiply the 192 possible permutations by 2, since you can essentially level up either through PVE or PVP, bringing us to 384 possible different permutations.

If you do by some miraculous happenstance have this full complement of 64 possible character setups of all level 50 status, then that means you've essentially spent 48-60 hours of /played time completing each one, since the game has only been in public release for 117 days, and if you're telling me you don't have another 48-60 hours of time available to roll a new 50 on a new server, you're flat-out lying.

If not, there is at least ONE opportunity for you to re-roll on a new server and either re-do a class you've already done, or roll a similar class but choose the opposite advanced class, or to roll a new class that you haven't tried before, all of the while being in the midst of more players that make the experience much more fun than, as many people in this thread claim, sitting around doing nothing waiting for a few scraps of players to show up. Or as some have said, not even being able to finish basic missions because there aren't enough to make a full group.

No one said you have to re-roll every single character on a new server. But if you roll even ONE, you are exposing yourself to a more fun environment and taking control of your gaming experience, and you will not regret it.

And then when server transfers are available, you can transfer your other characters over and preserve your existing legacy levels without having to lose a significant amount of legacy XP.

Your argument is soundly rejected as a failure, quod erat demonstrandum.

Edited by Kubernetic

In order of priority: 1, 3, 2

1. My guild has already lost 20 members due to people leaving the server or quitting the game. I'm not willing to re-roll on another server because I already have Columni/Rakata gear and 6 maxed professions, not to mention a slew of reverse engineered epic schematics. The fact that you cannot PVP at level 50 due to insufficient people in the queue is causing the exodus; a large part of the game just doesn't work right now.

3. The bugs are extremely annoying. When you do everything right and fail because of a glitch, that's very frustrating. When it happens over and over and over, you begin to wonder why you bothered. As a guild leader, it's my job to keep people motivated so they'll continue showing up for our raids, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to put lipstick on the pig.

2. Pushing new content is a temporary solution at best. Some features are obviously more valuable than others, e.g., the guild bank, improved crafting, cross-server queues... But new flashpoints/operations/warzones are not going to retain customers if there are insufficient players on the server to allow access to those features.

I'm not trying to be hypercritical of the development team at BioWare. I managed software development for many years, so I understand how external pressures can sabotage the end product. It's heartbreaking when you invest years building something great, and the implementation gets botched. But they need to get out in front of this situation and give people a reason to stay. My guild and my server are bleeding out.

Sorry, this is a completely failed argument.

If you had the time to get where you have in 3 months, you have the time to re-roll.

So ill be able to grind out the 3 mounts they are removing and the crystals by 1.2 despite the fact that most of the time I spent playing was during spring and xmas break?

Get off it. If I had the time I would have did it already so I didn't have to listen to drones tell me its my fault bioware can't manage their game worth a ****.

There would be no need to merge the servers if some of you didn't whine when you had to wait 15 mins in queue.

You guys complained then and you still complain now.

And it is nothing compared to the complaining when they start forcing servers together and people have to start changing names/legacy.

Add to this the number of people who just can't wait for the game to start server merges so they can yell "SEE I WAS RIGHT MEME MEME MEME!"

Guided, free transfers from low to standard and the person moving has to change their name if the names conflict imo.

This shouldn't happen until after the second or third content cycle to see how pops shake out after a couple of large content patches, so the end of the year at the earliest and it only needs to happen AFTER they have added x-server pvp.

What a lot of people are ignoring is that x-server queuing for pvp and (believe me I hate the idea of this as much as most others do) flashpoints/heroic quests will alleviate many of these cries for mergers.

So frankly, the next thing that should be worked on after 1.2 is x-server queuing. Mergers should be the absolute LAST thing they consider and I'm fairly sure it will be.

So ill be able to grind out the 3 mounts they are removing and the crystals by 1.2 despite the fact that most of the time I spent playing was during spring and xmas break?

Get off it. If I had the time I would have did it already so I didn't have to listen to drones tell me its my fault bioware can't manage their game worth a ****.

What the hell are you talking about?

You go roll a new character of a different type than you already have so you can enjoy your playing time until the server transfers are ready, and then when they're ready, you transfer your characters with their special mounts and crystals over to the new server.

If you want some extra mounts for your new character you'll be re-rolling, grind them out and buy them on the server you're on now, and when 1.2 gets here and mounts become transferable and sellable, you can simply transfer one over to the new character once your existing characters are transferred over (in May/June or whenever the full transfer system is in effect).

Stop whining and lashing out in emotional despair for a few minutes and think.

If the only thing stopping you from re-rolling a new character on a different server so that you can have some fun for the next month or two is the fact that you MIGHT not be able to get a precious snowflake white crystal, then that's just the saddest thing I've seen in video game in a long time...

Edited by Kubernetic