Population too small for Rated Warzones.

warkat

Gw2 fanboy, LOL that trash of a game will be boring in a week, no endgame, gear to earn for cosmetics LOL, not to mention instant max level pvp, get that b.s out of here, we play mmos not call of duty, it will die quicker than gw did, and the same 20-40k will stick around because its free to play.

You sound like a pve guy (i.e. a gear grinder) who does some pvp rather than a pvp guy. Gear grinding and pvp is a bad mix. On paper GW2 is the wet dream of most mmo pvpers. WvW is end game and there's competetive warzones where skills not gear matters. SWTOR has Ilum (lol) and non-competetive warzones where gear matters too much.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like a pve guy (i.e. a gear grinder) who does some pvp rather than a pvp guy. Gear grinding and pvp is a bad mix. On paper GW2 is the wet dream of most mmo pvpers. WvW is end game and there's competetive warzones where skills not gear matters. SWTOR has Ilum (lol) and non-competetive warzones where gear matters too much.

Until you lose.

Hmm...well to sort of stay on topic...

I also see an issue for ranked warzones. I have mixed feelings about x server queues though. I enjoy making enemies and allies from playing with relatively the same people. If they could implement it where people from your own server have priority to be grouped together that would be awesome.

i agree with you in part, but one huge problem we have is 3rd shift pvpers. there's no way to get into wz queues after 3am EST. they simply don't pop until after 8-9am at least on my server. i think late night x-server queues would be fine, or at least allowing all level pvping after a certain time like they had back in december/january

WvW skill isn't going to matter at all, it's going to be all about zerg vs zerg and who has the higher population straight up. To say stuff like that and not think these things is just facepalmworthy.

My server (Crucible pits) was doing great. Now, we seem to have hit the same population roadbloc kall the others have. Then again, tha's what happens when all the Egotistical WoW kids roll on one server, get stomped, and quit the game.

8million in 10 years, VS 3 million in 2 months, hmmm I think swtor wins that one, everyone I know irl and was friends with online returned that horribad game after a week, or let it collect dust, and I NEVER played wow that game isnt good at all IMHO, DAOC is where its at. gw2 is going to be just as bad, just another gimmick to make some cash, they had to make a sequel it was so bad, yet wow a game released before it is still adding EXPANSIONS, that says alot.

First Guild wars was released in april of 2005. Adding 10 years would mean it's 2015. So I'm going to assume math isn't your strong point. This probably explains this statement by you: 'it will die quicker than gw did' because gw is considered a huge success and has prompted arenanet to create gw2.

Did you know, GW2 had 1 million beta sign ups in 48 hours. If you choose not to play the game, well it's your loss not mine. It would not surprise me if they break SWTOR 2 million copies in the first month because of their f2play model.

Protip: One game does not have to fail for another to be successful. But SWTOR fan boys don't know that do they?

because copies sold makes a good game right

At least have the intelligence to know what you're replying to. He said gw1 falied commercially, I said ... it sold 8 million copies. How good (or bad) the game is, is irrelevant.

FTR GW was a great game if you liked competitive ranked pvp.

WvW skill isn't going to matter at all, it's going to be all about zerg vs zerg and who has the higher population straight up. To say stuff like that and not think these things is just facepalmworthy.

The WwW map is designed to prevent zerging with about 20 objective points per map. You can zerg and take 1 or 2 points and lose the other 18. The map promotes small tactical combat over large strategic combat.

Also the map is HUGE.

Edited by Orangerascal

I beg to differ, because:

1. Three Servers fighting it out against each other, i.e. the DAoC effect will surely kick in as two servers will join against the dominant one. Maybe not at the beginning, but after a while people will do that.

2. The four areas are huge with plenty objectives to conquer, so that having one zerg won't help you against multiple small groups who operate tactically clever.

3. Siege weapons, they do A LOT of damage. Operating in a huge single blob will get your zerg eradicated from the map by those weapons.

4. The supply mechanic. You won't be able to defend objectives for a long time without having enough supplies to build your defense, i.e. someone has to get out of the said objective and make sure the supplies flow.

All in all I think the GW2 WvWvW is the best of the DAoC and WAR mechanics and it could be indeed the game all serious Open PvPers have been waiting for too long. Only time will tell.

EDIT: Orangerascal beat me to it, but maybe I could add one or two points to make it clearer.

Edited by Leandrid

You described SWTOR accurately. And not just open wrold PvP. Though its not really discussion about SWTOR.

And please, dont talk about stuff you know nothing about, thank you.

Until you lose.

Told like a true PvEer. Gratz.

Edited by GrandMike

I don't think cross server warzones are going to make it into 1.2

Well, if crosserverqueues are not implemented in 1.2 BW just consolidate their status as utterly retarded. At my server it is tough enough to get a normal WZ running. Without X-server ranked matches we would at best be 2 or 3 ranked groups pitched up against eachother.

Edited by Niconogood

8million in 10 years, VS 3 million in 2 months, hmmm I think swtor wins that one, everyone I know irl and was friends with online returned that horribad game after a week, or let it collect dust, and I NEVER played wow that game isnt good at all IMHO, DAOC is where its at. gw2 is going to be just as bad, just another gimmick to make some cash, they had to make a sequel it was so bad, yet wow a game released before it is still adding EXPANSIONS, that says alot.

What do you think is better? Have 100k from start or 10k in start and then 10k EVERY MONTH FOR NEXT 10 YEARS?

Wow - don't talk bad about this, SWTOR took 99% of it.

As far as I am concerned, now PVP is bearable, but problem is also low density of server, even in peek population.

I think its clear that Bioware are just too stupid to see incoming issues. And right now, their track record in planning for such issues is poor.

Other MMOs have time penalties for those who leave WZs, yet for some reason Bioware didnt feel the need to do this with SWTOR.

Unbalanced factions across the many servers will create longer Qs. Instead of actually having X-server Qing from day 1, they instead use the lazy approach and have same faction war zones across the limited Wzs out there.

Instead of filling the hole, they just dig deeper and waiting until late August/Sept will be a wait, many wont put up with and it will be too late.

Harsh yes, the truth, yes.

I think its clear that Bioware are just too stupid to see incoming issues. And right now, their track record in planning for such issues is poor.

Other MMOs have time penalties for those who leave WZs, yet for some reason Bioware didnt feel the need to do this with SWTOR.

Unbalanced factions across the many servers will create longer Qs. Instead of actually having X-server Qing from day 1, they instead use the lazy approach and have same faction war zones across the limited Wzs out there.

Instead of filling the hole, they just dig deeper and waiting until late August/Sept will be a wait, many wont put up with and it will be too late.

Harsh yes, the truth, yes.

QFE, unfortunately.

Last night was the first time on my server were the que stopped popping after 11p PT. Only 12 Repub on fleet. Lame is lame and SWG never had this problem in the first two years.

There is no such thing as population to low for Rated WZ.

The people you see now in Warzones will be the ones that you'll see in Rated. Simple as that.

Indeed if you aren't on a populated server with active PvP players on both factions ... sucks .

There's really no reason to do PvP right now because most of your effort is going to be obselete next patch. Either you play hardcore and already have full BM and then the only reason to PvP is to get more Warzone Adrenals/Medpacks, or you're still not close to full BM and you might as well wait for 1.2 when their cost goes way down (a BM mainhand needs equivalent of 12000 WZ commendations, which can probably buy half a set of BM in 1.2).

People wouldn't pvp because they enjoy it would they? That would be too obvious, it can't be true..

Come on, if you're playing for the sole purpose of acquiring gear then there's a problem. What happened to the days when people played a game for the enjoyment it brought them?

Edited by dmarkell

As mentioned, pvp might be ok in 6 months to a year from now but not many players will be around to experience it. (we'll all be playing gw2).

Since GW2 still doesn't have an actual release date 6-12 months might be the time you would have to wait for that game, which isn't even released so you have no idea about how end game PvP will work out for sure.

Cross server is not going to be till like August-September..Doubt i'll stick around that long if no paid xfer/server merge.

Where did you see them claim this? Not sure they can do cross server queues before they collapse all the under populated servers.

Edited by AngryBuddhist

I mean, obviously, isnt the answer to these problems really just server merges? When you have this many underpopulated servers, you just have to merge them. I love the game, I think the PVP is fun, although I feel like Voidstar matches are a forgone conclussion, but thats besides the point. I enjoy Huttball greatly and Civil war is really what PvP is about IMO.

I would like to see less linear WZ maps, where the strategy is a little less preditermined (re: Arathi Basin matches from WoW)

Also, some sort of Arena would be nice as well, but I do feel like class balancing is WAY off to consider something like this at the moment.

I miss the feeling of a populated city that I recieved from WoW and server merging is almost essential at this point.

I know it may seem that I am comparing the game to Wow but this is only because it is the only other MMO experience I have aside from a small amount of GW1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.