StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ that's not why I'm mad, learn to read

I'm irritated because instead of communicating clearly what day/wave we'd get in on, they act like huge cockteases by dangling these MAYBE YOU GET IN messages.

If they had just assigned us waves and told us beforehand, a lot of people would be a lot happier.

Well gee sorry. I guess I was talking to the OTHER angry mob. People should be happy there IS an Early Access instead of ************ about it. That's all I'm trying to say.

I think it's far too early to tell whether the way they're handling the EGA is a failure or success. It all depends on how long it takes Bioware to get all the pre-orders in.

If everyone is in by, lets say, the 16th or 17th, then the staggered EGA access was a success, and everyone who pre-ordered got at least a few days of head start.

On the other hand, if people are still being let in by the 20th (and some aren't even in yet), then it's a major failure. Personally, I will be pretty upset if I don't get in until the actual release date.

So calm down guys, at least until we see where this is going. It's only the first day of head start (they even extended it two days). It could be good in the end, but it could also be bad. Patience!

Please BioWare! just let us all get in! I promise we won't crash the server! we will take turns! please!!!

Btw, organizing the staggering invite better will help! i.e. be strict about your previously intended 'earlier code redemption = earlier access" and not inviting people in from Dec and Nov and earlier than Jul and Aug. Also, letting people know exactly when they will get in, or in this case, since you give bonus waves, let people know which 'wave'! would be a good gesture!

May the ForceBeWithYu

So sick of ******* saying, stop QQing its not DEC 20th wait for the game to be out. Dont tell me when you got the email sayin they would be releasing invites on the 13th of dec you werent excited and led along by bioware, this is ridiculous. worst idea ever, id rather of been told game was released on dec 20th with no early access then to be lied like this

There was no lying, they said "up to 5 days early". They then said they were launching 2 days early so that gives people "up to an extra 7 days". They promised no individual a date they would start playing. They expressly said they were going in order of the entry of the codes they sent us. So hence no lies by Bioware or EA. You are just crying because you didn't get picked yet like the many of us that didn't. Just stop complaining and wait like most of have to. I think it is smart to do this unlike Blizzard and Trion which did not have as many people at launch as SWToR has. Their servers were crashing and had queues and everyone was doing the same quests and the wait for re spawns were ridiculous. So again you were not lied to, no promises were made on what day "you" were going to play.

ya'll do realize they dont care wut u think cause they already got yur money and there not reading any of yur complaints just like wow all they care about is getting yur money and they got it so now u get to wait, *****, then get over it when u get to play...

So my friends are playing on our guild-assigned server, and are complaining to me on vent (me who has not yet gotten access) that the server is completely dead and empty. Apparently less than 400 people are on the server right now, and neither of them have run into any other players since about 2 hours ago. Sure wish I could help the server pop a little.. But instead I must wait, so I can get extremely far behind my friends and be unable to play with them in an MMO.

I've been reading this thread for a while now and I just now couldn't withstand replying anymore.

I would like to point out that this launch is going much much smoother then some I've been involved with. Wow anyone? How about Final Fantasy 14? Both games had horrible launches with crashes, bugs and were handled differently. One well, one bad.

I don't think people really realize or value what early access truly is for, in any game. It is a dry run/test of the server stability. It's not your right as a human to get into a game early, and by getting upset shows a massive lack of not only maturity but also critical thinking skills. It the same sad thing I'm seeing with Beta now, people think it's a time to get to play the game early, and it is, but its not just that, its a chance for you to help better the game, make it work smoother when its time to go live. Early access is no different. If they were to let you all in at the same time, just open the gates and step back, its like turning the hose on full blast into a bucket of water. The water flies everywhere, sometimes the bucket tips over, and your left with a mess. If you however turn the hose on slowly, the water all goes in, it doesn't spill, and by the time you get in on full, there's enough water in the bucket already to cover the blast of incoming water and keep it from spilling.

Now I'm not here to defend or condemn anyone. I'm calling it like I see it. I've waited years for games, this one included, I can wait a few more days. You can too.

The messiah has come!

Na, I'll post the SS of the cancelled order. If I'm going to pay monthly for a service, I expect to be in on day one, I don't care if it's called early release.

Sorry I'm not going to make all my guys named CharacterX because I had to wait three to five days to get in.

It should be a FFA first day like EVERY other game in history, not one other game has done it like this, ever.

you dont start paying monthly until the 20th which would be launch day. lol. its not called early release its early game access. release date is still on the 20th. please go darkside.