Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

They should of planned out all this and sent everyone an email detailing when they will be invited to play with their pre determined start time. So people aren't sitting around hitting f5 in their email boxes for hours on end this is going to make alot of people mad. I know I would'nt get invited at the very beginning but it would be nice to know exactly when I started. I think bioware dropped the ball and are making alot of players mad with this "Oh just wait for your email approach."

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay ill just comment, the 10% of the people actually viewing this page might read it.

The staggered invites are to ensure lag/crash free and enjoyable game play. Keep in mind there is two starter zones and those two becomes 1 server from level 8-15+

anyone who played a mmo launch or perhaps wow-cataclysm knows that some areas and zones where like total mayhem the first days and completely ruined everthying for anyone.

the server dont need to be "full" for the starter zones to be utterly and completely full with even "light" load..

well gl all, I preordered the 29th and is still waiting for that last wave announced on twitter :o)

LOVE (plz forward, think we all need it, this thread is kinda bloody)

Waves are DONE. First page

i just want to know why no-one seems concerned that the servers are all full now and the people currently playing right now will mostly still be playing tomorrow, so what happens tomorrow? they only let in 20% the amount of people of today? and the 15th will be worse because people have already booked it off, so its going to get exponentially smaller the amount of invites per day, the only way around it is to open more servers and if they have to do that theres no difference in opening them now or later, it makes no sense to me.

I think its probably because full is a relative term when they can just increase server capacity by opening more planetary instances.

Arrh bugger. Looks like the first day invites, ended 2 days before it reached my pre-order date.

So tonight it's Ultima Online time, then TOR tomorrow when I get home from work :cool:

Please make sure the forum hamsters keep running BioWare, the threads alone are worth almost 15 bucks a month in entertainment value :D

( speaking of value, has there been any details released on the monthly fees? )

I hope this game goes **** up.Bring on GW2.

Excuse me? They promised to start Preorder early launch on the /15th/, they started the 13th to get people in sooner, more likely. If they started this on the 15th as planned you would probably have still had to wait as long as you did, this way you get in sooner at least. Show some support. Do I wish they would keep on putting more waves in? Yes. Will I complain or wish the game to go down the tubes and make myself sound like a child because I didn't get in today like I hoped? No. I have some dignity. I love Bioware and I trust in them and their games, they perpetually churn out wonderful RPG games and when I was in beta, it was a wonderful experience in both weekends I was in.

Wave 6 sent and I didn't get in :(

What wave 6?

OP says 4 waves and that's it. Period. End of story. So are they just going to continually watch the servers to see if they can handle it and slowly trickle us in? You gotta let us all in eventually anyway *******es, and we will ALL be trying to play at the same time pretty much so if your servers can't handle that now they won't be able to handle it then...making this whole waves thing pointless and stupid torture for the rest of us. Sheer stupidity.

And make up your fricking mind on how many waves and when the final one is. You should keep going til the last nerd passes out at the keyboards up there at "lol we gave them false hope" mission control.

I hate it for anyone that actually took the day off or some such nonsense and then didn't get in. But mostly, I just hate it for me....that I got shafted by login errors on all beta and got shafted on this and my friends got all beta and are in right now leaving me in the digital dust and I will have no one to play with but pugs, which as anybody knows, is the worst thing ever.

The fact is i'm following the game since it started. I had an account since the launch of the website (but i've lost the name), I was really following the game AND I waited to play a beta to pre order, to be sure of the quality. I played the last two beta. So I wait.

It's strange in some way but ok.

????

Lucky you mate!

Been like you since beginning but never got invited in all the Betas.

so i am totally not lucky.

;/