Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posting to say that I am also cancelling my pre-order. What little faith I had left in Bioware/EA was destroyed today. Today was the first time I heard about 'waves' for early access - this really should of been stated when I handed over my money for the pre-order. I pre-ordered to get a head start on the masses of idiots that populate launch days - and thats my perogative as a paying customer.

Add this to the fact that the servers arn't actually ready for launch and they're using the early access as another stress test, and I think I'll leave it six months and see what state the game is in then. I was willing to forgive its shortcomings until today, and I've figured out that I'm just not that desperate to play it.

Back to Skyrim for now.

"Update: Wave 3 was just sent.

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)

Update: Wave 5 - the final wave for today - was sent at approx 1:30PM CST.

More invites will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday)."

great way to Scam your Customers GG!!!!

Since WoW launched EGA has been if you pre-order you ALL get the same advantage. You are giving them your money BEFORE a product even exists. When alot of people pre-order there was no hint of this BS staggering system. If there was alot of us might have ordered earlier or even told them to screw themselves. Now the "lucky" few that got in today have the full advantage and will get ALL world and server first! End of story. That is BS!! Now scrubs will get to 50 b4 people who accually put in hard earned time and research into the game. Bioware screwed this EGA / Launch up royally. During the "stress test" They had ALOT more people coming in at a much faster rate. ***....... Unacceptable!

DUDE COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you care if someone hits 50 before you? Seriously....

Since WoW launched EGA has been if you pre-order you ALL get the same advantage. You are giving them your money BEFORE a product even exists. When alot of people pre-order there was no hint of this BS staggering system. If there was alot of us might have ordered earlier or even told them to screw themselves. Now the "lucky" few that got in today have the full advantage and will get ALL world and server first! End of story. That is BS!! Now scrubs will get to 50 b4 people who accually put in hard earned time and research into the game. Bioware screwed this EGA / Launch up royally. During the "stress test" They had ALOT more people coming in at a much faster rate. ***....... Unacceptable!

Word. But my patience is strong!

Edited by AuroraKatar

ya'll do realize they dont care wut u think cause they already got yur money and there not reading any of yur complaints just like wow all they care about is getting yur money and they got it so now u get to wait, *****, then get over it when u get to play...

you do realize they care more about our monthly fees than the initial purchase, right? I'm not one of the "complainers", just sayin :)

So, even if we get in, yet none of our friends did... So FUN - Not...

Do you see the flaw here Bioware?

Early Access sucks, my friends didn't get code put in because they were all at ComiCon, which a large portion of the targeted player base attended to watch and demo this specific game.

Again, see the flaw?

Maybe you should have included the two days after ComiCon in the 'cut off' for today's access, if ya had people actually thinking this through...

Yes, I'm being curt and petulant and condescending; however, if you were thinking, you wouldn't have popped open pre-order that week in the first place, and knowing you did that, at least included a couple of days after in the cut off for the first day's access.

They are your BIGGEST fans, traveling to San Diego to see your game even, and they are screwed by ignorance.

However, what do I know, I have only been in the marketing and technology industry for 20 years, and if any company had done this with Comdex or CES they would have been lampooned for the stupidity...

Kudos on exposing your lack of forethought.