Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find interesting is that they are saturating the first few servers with incredibly loyal players (Preordered early) and the later servers will be filled with last second orders.

Does that mean that when people begin to lose interest in the game that the servers established later will lose their player base first?

Nothing loyal about it. More like fanatical if that is the case if they kept that much track of the game to know about the preorders immediately.

Some people made a mistake in their preorder and didn't put the code in until later or they didn't know preorders were available till later. I myself didn't find out about the preorders were available until the first week of August and didn't get my code until a few days later. After that, I didn't realize I could turn the code in that early until almost 2 weeks later when my friend mentioned turning his code in when he first got it when we were talking about the game.

Pre-order canceled.

Why have early access at all when some people are going to get the full duration of early access and others will have a few days. Everyone paid the same amount for the game and yet they get in a lot earlier.

So by the time i get it everyone has out leveled me and I'm way behind in levels etc etc then everyone else.

This isn't fair in my eyes.

The good news is that by cancelling your preorder you did nothing for your early access....and you will still get the invite because you already entered your pre-order code. :rolleyes:

But let me get this straight....if by cancelling your pre-order as a protest to not getting 7 full days of early access (when you were promised at least 1 only) you are hoping that by starting later - 20th or later- you will somehow be magically ahead of everyone else?

Cancelling preorders by not getting into early access has to be the most illogical and....well....dumbest thing I have ever seen...in..my...life. Which is saying alot because I have dealt with a lot of stupid people.

Life isnt fair. You wont be level 1 with everyone else in SWTOR land level 50. Get a grip. :D ppl are so stupid :D

false. "most servers" are not full. If you log in game you can see that... Oh wait.

But i like said, when selecting my server about 30 mins ago 80% of servers were low with a few in the yellow (normal range). I didnt find any full.

if you can log into the game why are you on the forums freaking play already

So apparently 100,000 people ordered in July, and they've only invited people up until the 26th. At this rate, it'll be AFTER the 20th where people who pre-ordered in November / December get into the game.

So much for paying more for early access.

Quite right. November/december preorders get to play after the new year.

Some of you saying,

"Why don't you go work their 18 hour shift then..."

are just morons.

Do you honestly not think that Bioware has enough employees to work througout different 8 hour shifts? That they are so hurt for cash that they can only afford to pay shift of workers to do waves?

With any job, when an important event happens, dont people work overtime? Aren't schedules changed and vacation requests denied?

Stopping at 1:30 pm is just stupid in ever aspect.

The life of a MMO HUGELY depends on the quality of release. (AND for those who say, "This isn't launch day, read what Bioware specifically states on the Launcher Client and Forums before opening your misinformed mouths. They consider it launch.)

I hate to see how they handle situations down the line.

what shifts, what employees, it would take like 1 guy to do all this stuff, its the computer age, its not like tghety are running the servers with manpower

i just want to know why no-one seems concerned that the servers are all full now and the people currently playing right now will mostly still be playing tomorrow, so what happens tomorrow? they only let in 20% the amount of people of today? and the 15th will be worse because people have already booked it off, so its going to get exponentially smaller the amount of invites per day, the only way around it is to open more servers and if they have to do that theres no difference in opening them now or later, it makes no sense to me.

Exactly what i was thinking . I'm afraid they might be not able to handle all players .... it might be such a big FAIL. Let's hope not , i really want this game to be BIg but i have my doubts atm about tht

Just wondering how far along the preorders they got for today's invites. Are we still in the July preorders, did we make it to August?

I'm just curious, and waiting not expecting to get in for a couple of days since I couldn't preorder immediately.

And folks are calling this the "launch" but I'd think that if you can't walk into a store and buy it yet, it's still pre-release status, and only for those who pre-ordered. Meh, I'll get in when I can, hopefully before the weekend.

The majority of servers are full or high population just from the first day of invites. How on earth is anything going to hold up by the time launch rolls around. Seriously is is almost 2012 and we are still having server problems with MMOs.

week ending 5th november

# name PF WTL new Total

4 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 7 43,779 698,589

October

# name PF WTL new Total

5 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 12 37,377 463,513

September

# name PF WTL new Total

4 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC N/A 25,452 359,782

July till the 30th

# name PF WTL new Total

4 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC N/A 25,452 359,782

maybe you can get a more clear interest this is USA only btw

I'm way more worried about the 15th. Going as they do now, there is no way they will keep up with all pre orders being released if even by the 20th. So how does that put all of us on the fact we bought an option to play starting the 15th. Don't get me wrong I want in right Meow but the 13/14th is not set in stone. But if they don't let everyone in by the 15th, false advertisement.

OMG I WANT ACESS NOW OR IM GONNNA SUEEE EVERYBODY ON THIS THREAD.I WILL KILL MYSELF THEN STEPHEN REID THEN JAR JAR BINKS IN THAT ORDER,JUSt GIMME MY ACCESS AND NO ONE GETS HURTS!

/sarcasm.

*patiently sits down and clicks F5*

Threats against Mr. Reids Life are being taken very seriously sir. I am going to have to report this incident to the Emperor....