Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't understand why it's being staggered then you don't understand mmo launches.

3 million people, one quest area, go!

Well, in my experience staggered launches are actually rare, and to be honest, they won't alleviate starting area madness in the slightest.

Too bad Bioware doesn't read this stuff. They post, then close the forums like toddlers. You people are *********** the people that plan to play on PvP servers. Go back to school until you get some common sense. Then when you still have none, go join Riot and LoL.

I am so glad your stupid thread got closed .......:D

I am very displeased with how this is being handled. I don't like the idea of staggered access even though I understand the technical limitations and reasoning behind it. I think keeping everyone in the dark about when they will be granted access is poor public relations.

It's called countless (*) site clicks and those who don't care about you.

I think it's funny. By the time I'm finished reading one page of this thread, several more have been added. By the time I click the "Last Page" button, it's no longer the last page...usually about 2 pages short.

Lots of people are reading and posting on this thread right now. All waiting to see if they are in the next wave, like me! I don't know when I'll get in, but I'm excited!

I pre ordered like Nov-2... and i just got my email.. let me add this, the game is worth the wait!!!!

That better not be true. I thoguht they weren't even out of july yet.

Edited by Kypp

Bioware and EA don't care what you like, and noone is in the dark. All of what is going on was posted weeks ago. Problem is, reading apparently requires work

The problem is what's being posted and what's actually happening aren't the same thing.

That's not even the issue.

Even in this very thread they have tried to say that when you're granted access is based on when you registered your pre-order code. I did mine on day #1 and haven't got in, yet people who just pre-ordered have.

That is a HUGE foul-up, or misinformation, or straight up lie. Either way, it's extremely poor communication on Bioware's part.

Trolls like to troll. That is all

I'm loving all the butthurt in here. Just because you bought the game doesn't somehow make you entitled to being given the most special treatment. If you don't get Early Access until tomorrow, it will still be less time than you'd have to wait if they hadn't done Early Access at all. And no, no-one is a paying subscriber yet. You've bought the game, but since the game isn't even released yet anything that BioWare does for you before the 20th is purely a bonus and you don't get to ***** about it.

I didn't pre-order until about a week ago, so I'll be surprised if I get more than a day EGA. I'm resigned to that fact. But.. **** it. It's a day I wouldn't have had otherwise, so I'm happy. Now stop whining!

Yeah I'm kinda with you on that one. Originally I wasn't even planning on playing this game. I haven't played an MMO since Burning Crusade was released. That was what... five or so years ago? I can wait another few days. (I mean I don't really want to, but I can)

checked my info like 30 mins ago:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.24.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

checked info about 2 mins ago:

12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

strange.

See the differences? You can play now.

Edited by Theralorius

Confirmed that I registered on the 7/27/11. Hopefully I will be in the next wave. Took the day off from work to play with a buddy and he got in the second wave. He is patiently waiting for me so we can level up together. What a pal?! :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a good buddy!

I redeemed my code 08.09.2011.

A buddy of mine redeemed the day the game came out and is currently got access (and is playing!).

I am wondering if there is an estimated time for people to gain access in my redeem time frame?

I know the waves can increase and decreases depending on stress levels on servers, glitches found etc etc... But surely there is a flexible plan being worked to for these waves.

If so, I wonder what ESTIMATED time I should expect to be given access. Or at the very least, can someone determine what wave I would be in by my redeem date?

Clearly... im itching to play.

My theorycrafting based on 0 evidence is that they will wrap up July tomorrow and hit most of August, barring any more bonus waves today (there's still one more planned wave today but I think that will still be a july wave).

WOW!!!! This so crazy to read. After playing MMO's for many years and seeing all types of launches I must be crazy because I am pleased so far with the way they are handling this.

They have helped what is going to happen in the noob areas because as the new waves come in the last wave will be moving on to the next area.

They are launching servers as they need to so they don't have an over abundance and no server population in a few months.

Kudo's to you Bioware. I sit here eagerly waiting my invite but I'll be patient, I want to enjoy the game not max out my character in a day.

Guys, it'll be around for a little while, you'll get in soon, be patient.