Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is right on the money. It's EARLY game access and doesn't count towards time you paid for. Relax. They are simply making sure that the servers are relatively evened out and don't have some overloaded on the first 2 hours of early game access. You will get to play soon enough, and by official launch things will be kosher. Don't panic or bash the dev's. They don't have 7 years of operation to stand on like some other game.

That's not even the issue.

Even in this very thread they have tried to say that when you're granted access is based on when you registered your pre-order code. I did mine on day #1 and haven't got in, yet people who just pre-ordered have.

That is a HUGE foul-up, or misinformation, or straight up lie. Either way, it's extremely poor communication on Bioware's part.

I appreciate that bioWare is trying roll things out in an organized manner in a way that will not over task the servers. I'm more than happy to wait for my turn to login happily, however I did express some frustrations regarding the process and the lack of communication on their behalf.

While many of you may disagree with my comments below I certainly understand why. however there are many of you that are feeling the same and in most cases it is BioWare's lack of communication that caused the frustration that we are seeing in these posts. As such I thought that I would post some feedback that I sent to them for you to see.

Letter as follows:

There will be no need to reply to my feedback left earlier under the category "Account Issues" I found your post explaining that it is because my account hasn't been activated for early play yet.

While I appreciate your need to regulate how the servers perform. Early game access was a product sold to me with the product as an obligation of BioWare legally binding (under US laws) at the time of sale.

I understand that the time frame in which access was granted was not specific, however the purpose of this feedback is to express my dissatisfaction with your product regarding two points.

(1) The order in which you are sending invites; While I appreciate your intent to reward those that have ordered first, that is not what you're doing, you're rewarding those that redeemed their codes first not those that ordered first. I purchased my Collector's Edition on the 23rd of July, however I didn't redeem my code until November 1st. Unfortunately I do not have time to read every script in every blog as it is posted, like most individuals I'm a working professional. BioWare having made insufficient effort to explain the importance of entering my code or how it will affect my early game play impeded on when that legal obligation would be fulfilled.

(2)The second item is that of communication on the part of BioWare, as I said I'm a working professional, a Lawyer by trade. To take time off to play is rare and a pleasure since I rarely get days off and playing games is a great way for me to unwind. If BioWare would have communicated where I fell in the lineup of waves I wouldn't have taken time unneededly and planned accordingly.

While I find it unlikely that BioWare will respond or even take action to the aforementioned complaints, I do expect a response from someone in authority who can if not resolve my issues at least address them. As a courtesy I'm letting you know that If I haven't received a response in the next 24 hours I will be forwarding this feedback as a formal Complaint to the following federal organizations; FTC, IFCC, NFIC, UDCP and BBB. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards;

:rolleyes:

Soooo many crybabies. waaah not in game wahhhh. I'm not in game either, more than happy to accept i'm in when i'm in. I have a RL job and wife, not going to play this like a sad loner 20 hours a day. So why moan? Get a grip.
There's apparently someone on here with a Husband AND a Wife...so he has you beat.

I am very displeased with how this is being handled. I don't like the idea of staggered access even though I understand the technical limitations and reasoning behind it. I think keeping everyone in the dark about when they will be granted access is poor public relations.

Bioware and EA don't care what you like, and noone is in the dark. All of what is going on was posted weeks ago. Problem is, reading apparently requires work

Wow I preloaded game on 12/7 ...wonder if i will be in the next wave.......LOL , by the time I get early access , the only character name left will be.................................... Bend Over WandKonnoobie 9999999999999999999999999999999999999:rolleyes:

ok, 7/27/11 .. no email yet, sniff

Now my question, on SWTOR page there is a link you can goto for server status , why is there no EU servers up? only american ones? , what happened to them doing it in date order, or is it going to be USA 1st?

Another rationale, they are not updating the data on their own websites ..

JKus curios

stress test only proved staggering EGA invites had to be done by the 4 hour queues... better to let players actually be able to play rather then you know sit in a line for 4 hours and those who are on have terrible game experiences. You dont have biowares information on the subject so dont pretend like you know what it all means

looks like you didn't read the first letters of the sentences. you lose.

that aside, the point still stands, having a random/vague/arbitrary start time is silly. The only thing I can schedule right now is the official launch date.

The assumption anyone sane would make is that eventually they would solidify the early play start date for anyone. That is what is ridiculous.

Nobody intelligent cares about "may" and "up to"... the point is they suck for not saying exactly when at some point.

You have to realize that the early access isn't just LOL LET ME IN FIRST it's also the fact that the launch is christmas week. I will personally be unable to play until january starting two days from now.

They pushed forward the early access start date, so I could do nothing but move my schedule. My assumption was wrong that they'd do the intelligent thing and notify their customers when the game was soft launching.

If I would have left my schedule for the original early launch window, i'd be fine. But since this was made unclear from the outset I moved it. Shrug.

Look at their twitter posts, EVEN THOSE NOW ARE VAGUE. "One more to go today!" OOPS I MEAN MORE THAN ONE ITS A BONUS. Without any explanation.

The reality is they're doing this on purpose so the next time they have a preorder you don't hesitate so that you don't have to deal with this nonsense.

Who'd have thought that you'd be punished for buying a game before its even available because you didn't buy it early enough? That is simply ridiculous.

actually for intelligent people, MAY and UP TO are the most important parts...doh:eek: