Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that bioWare is trying roll things out in an organized manner in a way that will not over task the servers. I'm more than happy to wait for my turn to login happily, however I did express some frustrations regarding the process and the lack of communication on their behalf.

While many of you may disagree with my comments below I certainly understand why. however there are many of you that are feeling the same and in most cases it is BioWare's lack of communication that caused the frustration that we are seeing in these posts. As such I thought that I would post some feedback that I sent to them for you to see.

Letter as follows:

There will be no need to reply to my feedback left earlier under the category "Account Issues" I found your post explaining that it is because my account hasn't been activated for early play yet.

While I appreciate your need to regulate how the servers perform. Early game access was a product sold to me with the product as an obligation of BioWare legally binding (under US laws) at the time of sale.

I understand that the time frame in which access was granted was not specific, however the purpose of this feedback is to express my dissatisfaction with your product regarding two points.

(1) The order in which you are sending invites; While I appreciate your intent to reward those that have ordered first, that is not what you're doing, you're rewarding those that redeemed their codes first not those that ordered first. I purchased my Collector's Edition on the 23rd of July, however I didn't redeem my code until November 1st. Unfortunately I do not have time to read every script in every blog as it is posted, like most individuals I'm a working professional. BioWare having made insufficient effort to explain the importance of entering my code or how it will affect my early game play impeded on when that legal obligation would be fulfilled.

(2)The second item is that of communication on the part of BioWare, as I said I'm a working professional, a Lawyer by trade. To take time off to play is rare and a pleasure since I rarely get days off and playing games is a great way for me to unwind. If BioWare would have communicated where I fell in the lineup of waves I wouldn't have taken time unneededly and planned accordingly.

While I find it unlikely that BioWare will respond or even take action to the aforementioned complaints, I do expect a response from someone in authority who can if not resolve my issues at least address them. As a courtesy I'm letting you know that If I haven't received a response in the next 24 hours I will be forwarding this feedback as a formal Complaint to the following federal organizations; FTC, IFCC, NFIC, UDCP and BBB. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards;

This ^^

I could care less when I actually GET to play, I just need to know WHEN that will be. That's it, that's all I'm asking... every other game ever released you knew EXACTLY when you could play...

13th - friends & family & media

14th - just louis CK

15th - trolls and forum flamers

16th - the whole RP crowd

17th - those guys who created the

18th - July

19th - normals

19th - 11:59pm - SWTOR doomsayers.

20th - People who complain about the beta launch being the 'worst' thing ever.

21st - Obama

25th - australians?

Nah Australians only get the game if it's a Full moon and all the planets aline

seems we get forgoten for everything :cool:

I am very displeased with how this is being handled. I don't like the idea of staggered access even though I understand the technical limitations and reasoning behind it. I think keeping everyone in the dark about when they will be granted access is poor public relations.

I am sure they wish they didn't have to keep us in the dark. I am also sure they wish they had magic powers where every one could play, and there not be a problem with the servers. I am sure people would be a lot more mad if they could play, but the servers don't work properly.

I agree. Early access was part of the pre-order deal, 'Buy now, get this!' as such, I consider it part of the product. I understand first come first serve, but I don't see why they have to stop inviting people for the day. Everyone would be much happier, and it would be much better for Bioware in the long run, if they just continued sending out waves until everyone was in.

If Bioware is concerned about server stability, better the problem occur now so they can get started on fixing it. I would rather wait two days on them to repair a server than on a wait I don't understand the purpose of.

None of this is even directly relevant.

They should just tell people when they're going to be batched. Whatever pseudorandom / arbitrary process they're going through they could simply have done LAST WEEK. And told us.

I don't care about playing in advance, i don't care about server stability. My point is that their very good reasons do not excuse the fact that this could have been handled differently. I wouldn't mind starting 4 days from now, but they have to TELL ME THAT so i can SCHEDULE PLAYING THE GAME.

This is a holiday season, probably the worst time from many players' perspective to launch a long-awaited MMO. For others, sure, its probably the best. But unfortunately for me a vacation from work doesn't mean I'm sitting online the entire time.

Everything was done right except for the notifications.

I was notified for beta weekends in advance.

I was notified re: guild creation in advance.

I was notified about account creation in advance.

I was notified about the preorders in advance.

So yeah, I'm going to go with them not notifying me of the date i can start playing in advance as a botch.

And the twitter responses of "you'll know when you can play via email" is a slap in the face non-answer to the question.

Very annoying the way this is going. If id known people would have this big as head start i would have preferred no early access at all. That's the only thing that pisses me off. Because the wait to dec.20 is short and if that would have made it more fair why the **** are we doing this?

I sure hope other companies developing MMOs aren't reading this thread. If so I think we could see the end of any other game giving Early Access. I am shocked at the amount of people that are upset because they aren't getting to play a game for free. Anyone who says they preordered this game because they got Early Access either didn't read the terms of the preorder well or only read what they wanted to. I truly wonder how many people would have still preordered this game if it didn't offer Early Access. I am willing to bet that it would have been close to the same ammount. At least that way we wouldn't have to read through thousands of posts all saying, why not me, when is it my turn?

Spot on. I'm grateful to see you aren't the only one though having this opinion.

I redeemed my code on 11th of Dec. I hope when I get my early access most players will already have left Ord Mantell so it doesn't look like end-of-beta party in every quest area.

Btw to all the whiners: I wish you were in BW skin to try your hands at handling this early access. Maybe you'd be more sympathetic then.

how long this **** will continue?

is this a mmo or single player game?

how come there can be only 5 waves planned for today?

how come bioware can not let more people to start on each wave....

This will continues as long as players, such as yourself, vent their incorrectly channeled frustration over it.

YOU: "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

BW: "No and we will turn this early access around and no one will get to see launch if you keep that up!"

I got to say. Been allowed into the game in the first wave was sweet. Then I come to the forums and I read all these people whining and crying about them not being let in.

If you had paid up 5 months ago like I did, youd be let into the game. Thats the perks of having paid up so far in the past. its about showing loyalty to the customer and us showing loyalty back to the creators.

It behoves you to show respect to the people who created this cause they given you every oportunity in the world to be among the first to play it, early access is a gift from BW. They did not have to do this, remember that.

Sure one thing I will agree on is that they should perhaps inform every day what dates they will be covering for the waves to that people will know ahead of time when/if they will be allowed to play that day. That could have been better made.

But thats a detail, now I suggest you show the creators proper respect and show that you are indeed mature and responsible players and stop with the crying already.

thank you bw for a great game and a great launch so far.

Edited by Jocken