Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the only thing I'm upset about is that I didn't care about early access because my work week is Thursday through Monday and I work long hours. Since early access was supposed to start Thursday the 15th my playtime would be minimal.

I got a twinge of anger when I caught that early access started Tuesday the 13th, just in time for both of my days off. That's OK though because...

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

I will let my anger fuel my passion so I can better crush the silly rebels!

checked my info like 30 mins ago:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.24.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

checked info about 2 mins ago:

12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

strange.

I appreciate that bioWare is trying roll things out in an organized manner in a way that will not over task the servers. I'm more than happy to wait for my turn to login happily, however I did express some frustrations regarding the process and the lack of communication on their behalf.

While many of you may disagree with my comments below I certainly understand why. however there are many of you that are feeling the same and in most cases it is BioWare's lack of communication that caused the frustration that we are seeing in these posts. As such I thought that I would post some feedback that I sent to them for you to see.

Letter as follows:

There will be no need to reply to my feedback left earlier under the category "Account Issues" I found your post explaining that it is because my account hasn't been activated for early play yet.

While I appreciate your need to regulate how the servers perform. Early game access was a product sold to me with the product as an obligation of BioWare legally binding (under US laws) at the time of sale.

I understand that the time frame in which access was granted was not specific, however the purpose of this feedback is to express my dissatisfaction with your product regarding two points.

(1) The order in which you are sending invites; While I appreciate your intent to reward those that have ordered first, that is not what you're doing, you're rewarding those that redeemed their codes first not those that ordered first. I purchased my Collector's Edition on the 23rd of July, however I didn't redeem my code until November 1st. Unfortunately I do not have time to read every script in every blog as it is posted, like most individuals I'm a working professional. BioWare having made insufficient effort to explain the importance of entering my code or how it will affect my early game play impeded on when that legal obligation would be fulfilled.

(2)The second item is that of communication on the part of BioWare, as I said I'm a working professional, a Lawyer by trade. To take time off to play is rare and a pleasure since I rarely get days off and playing games is a great way for me to unwind. If BioWare would have communicated where I fell in the lineup of waves I wouldn't have taken time unneededly and planned accordingly.

While I find it unlikely that BioWare will respond or even take action to the aforementioned complaints, I do expect a response from someone in authority who can if not resolve my issues at least address them. As a courtesy I'm letting you know that If I haven't received a response in the next 24 hours I will be forwarding this feedback as a formal Complaint to the following federal organizations; FTC, IFCC, NFIC, UDCP and BBB. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards;

This really is frustrating! I mean I get it... Y'all want to make your shiny new game sound even more amazing so you offer a preorder perk with game access earlier than most. Catch is your perk made all of us nerds think *hey! I might actually get my names!* and now we're all slamming at your doors saying *Hey! they're gonna hit 50 first, with MY name and I paid just as much as they did!" Well come on.. what did you expect? Did you ever consider announcing the preorder race... since obviously we are all competitive people and we might enjoy a little competition? Instead you treat us like cattle showing no more respect than a local sleazy outlet mall. Great job guys...

It wouldn't be so bad if you had just told us. The most mature people in this thread are giving you reasonable reasons like *hey I took today off!* coming from people who grew up idolizing Star Wars this is a big deal and a lot of us made sacrifices. Throw us a bone.

This is kinda ******** imo.. The whole wave thing is utter ****! We all paid the same price why r we threated differendly.. Who cares if you bought the game first day or day after that.. Ya concerned about server stability ? well if thats the case shouldnt release the game at the first place! if not rdy for massive people id rather wait in que than refreshing my mail for the next 7 days.. Many mmos have done nice launch while still allow everyone in.. Yes im Pissed off!