Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People complaining about refreshing the page and wasting your time. Best idea is go get twitter on your phone do what ever you normally do and every hour or so look at twitter and bam, youll see when new waves are being let in so you can attempt to log on then rather then sit here and complain i registed XX/XX/2011 and im not in yet!

I think the main problem here; is communication. EA/ORIGIN/BIO is proving to be quite presumptuous. I think the only real problem here - is that NO ONE had a clue what to expect. If they want folks to stop complaining, they simply need to answer the questions.

"If you didn't get an email today - don't worry - you might tomorrow??" SERIOUSLY? That is a massive slap in the face to a lot of paying customers. Obviously it isn't meant that way - and we'll all get over it once we start enjoying this amazing new creation... but in the mean time:

Wouldn't it be nice if we all got an email saying... "You may begin early access play at ??:00am (or pm) on _____day?

At least then I could get on with my life - and look forward to tomorrow.

There was an expectation by thousands of people (points to forums) that they would have access today. Expectation management and communication were botched, and whoever was hired to be the community manager is probably looking for employment now. A simple e-mail with a date would have sufficed. You could have even worded it so that a later than actual date is expected, and people are happy when they get in sooner than expected. Not knowing anything is always worse than expecting the worst, then being pleasantly suprised when things are not all that bad.

There are ways of telling someone to go screw themselves that will have the person asking you what time would you like me to do that, and with or without lube.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

106 Servers

at 11:00am EST only 9 servers were full & 9 at High. 79 Med.

it's 1:37 EST and 45 servers are FULL , 20 HIGH, 2 low , 39 on Med.

:eek:

And I just found out that four of the names I wanted, and have used in the past are gone in

my assigned server.

Thanks for nothing Bioware. What is the point of assigning me a server if I can't take advantage of it.

And it wouldn't kill you Reid to just post estimates, so that people can plan

Not all of us are college kids who can slack all day and wait.

Edited by Meluna

Wow, so much nerd rage on this thread. Thanks for showing BW that we are a very mature and patient community. I for one am enjoying reading all these ignorant post while I wait for my email show up. Who knows, maybe today, tomorrow, the next day. All I know is by this time next week, my life is over until further notice.

I am very displeased with how this is being handled. I don't like the idea of staggered access even though I understand the technical limitations and reasoning behind it. I think keeping everyone in the dark about when they will be granted access is poor public relations.

:D This thread has been one of the most entertaining threads I have ever read.

My code was redeemed on the 25th of November, so I don't expect to get in until nearer to the weekend anyway.

11.29.2011 for me. I enjoy reading this thread though! Welcome to the 20th launch day Early Access club =P

just like to state facts tho that preoder when it first anounce post there code and still not in that seem like that not fair oh well fine could have been ran more smoothly only thing i hate to say is why have pre guild luanch and tell the leader aka my self that pre order it and put code in july 28 that this is the server your guild on and when you you gain early access you guild will be there wait for you when realy the server they put the guild on is full

I sure hope other companies developing MMOs aren't reading this thread. If so I think we could see the end of any other game giving Early Access. I am shocked at the amount of people that are upset because they aren't getting to play a game for free. Anyone who says they preordered this game because they got Early Access either didn't read the terms of the preorder well or only read what they wanted to. I truly wonder how many people would have still preordered this game if it didn't offer Early Access. I am willing to bet that it would have been close to the same ammount. At least that way we wouldn't have to read through thousands of posts all saying, why not me, when is it my turn?

:csw_yoda: Much anger i sense in this thread. The dark side this is. Patience i ask of you young padawans. Loss of game time you fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to suffering. Let go of your anger, only pain will come of it.

i salute you sir!

At this point I'm not so much mad as I feel lead on by Bioware/EA

If I'd known they were going to stagger it like this back when I ordered in October I wouldn't have bothered to pre-order at all.

...then you would have got it on the 20th instead of the 15th. This has NOTHING to do with the preorders. This is a nice free extra couple of days play that's being rolled out in waves. If you preordered early you'll get in before the 15th, you know the 15th when the actual pre-order date happens to be?