The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grapple in hutball...!$#@(*!*#@

Fidopro

okay im not really raging right now but its pretty *********** stupid how easy you can grapple/stun someone in the firepit for an instant kill.

im getting flashbacks from 10 years ago when little bastards would camp the Golden Gun in GoldenEye for N64...damn trolls loling from the 1shots herp derp

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay im not really raging right now but its pretty *********** stupid how easy you can grapple/stun someone in the firepit for an instant kill.

im getting flashbacks from 10 years ago when little bastards would camp the Golden Gun in GoldenEye for N64...damn trolls loling from the 1shots herp derp

Lmao, but do you think it'll change? Pull/Grapple ruined Ilum fights as well - I find that ability pretty overpowered in anything other than a 1 on 1.

Lmao, but do you think it'll change? Pull/Grapple ruined Ilum fights as well - I find that ability pretty overpowered in anything other than a 1 on 1.

It was the only possible way to bring a well healed group down, grapple a healer and have the pack eat them.

I hope so

honestly most powertechs on my server don't even use that move out of pity...and if they do usually they PM you saying sorry..

like its so dirty you need to take a shower after

One thing I'd like to point out is that in well organized pre-mades it is easily countered with a sorc pull out. I know one of the few difficult pre-mades on my server only had to see me a few games to just save their pull for when I fire pull someone. Of course it doesnt stop me from pulling their sorc healer but then the ball carry is free so its an even trade.

Just glad I joined up with them before rateds :p

wow you must be an old and experienced gamer to be able to name a game that came out 15 years ago.

pretty weak trolling if thats all you keep up with...okay how about this

im getting flashbacks from counterstrike 1.6 when I got picked off by awp in the middle of de_dust 2 five seconds into the round

pretty weak trolling if thats all you keep up with...okay how about this

im getting flashbacks from counterstrike 1.6 when I got picked off by awp in the middle of de_dust 2 five seconds into the round

And sorry to contribute to derailing thread but, smoke grenades bro... lol

And sorry to contribute to derailing thread but, smoke grenades bro... lol

dammit okay how about this

im getting flashbacks from the final fantasy series always having to fight the "tonberry" instantly killing your guys with his knife all the time

Thank you, my friend, for bringing back the fond memory of blowing up my friends with proximity mines in the bathroom spawn air vent.

It's by far my least favourite abilitiy - I hated it in WoW when they gave i to DKs and I hate it in SWTOR as well.

In most WZs it's not a huge deal.. but in huttball it's INSANE. Being an inch from scoring and being yanked back into the fire really sucks. I was playing with a friend while he did just that to the enemy team and just laughed and said 'I cant believe bioware actually lets me do this'.

I think the real problem is that it literally becomes a one shot kill button with a short CD in the right hands.

But that said I have abilities other classes hate and I've found ways to work around the pulls. Honestly wish they weren't in the game but I can work with them.

Ahh so its ok to have teams of force users running around pushing, pulling and leaping all over the place but you got a problem with grapple.

BW should just make that WZ a glow stick only and charge a small fee for the rest of us to just watch team's of jedi and sith knocking each other all over the place. At least that way the rest of us non- force users might get a laugh out of it.

As aggravating as grapple can be, it provided me with the probably the most amazing thing I've seen in years and years of gaming.

I was crossing the bridges in VoidStar with some others when an enemy ran up and tried to push us off to our deaths. I was blown back a bit but stayed on the walkway, but the guy next to me went over the side. I was just about to hit the key for an attack on this guy when up from below came the grapple from my falling team mate and it dragged the enemy over to his death also. In this case, revenge was served hot and immediately, like within a half-second.

Took me about 15 seconds to stop laughing in amazement that such a thing could happen in a video game, and that a player in such a situation would have the presence of mind and reflexes to pull it off.

I was crossing the bridges in VoidStar with some others when an enemy ran up and tried to push us off to our deaths. I was blown back a bit but stayed on the walkway, but the guy next to me went over the side. I was just about to hit the key for an attack on this guy when up from below came the grapple from my falling team mate and it dragged the enemy over to his death also.

This is also an excellent strat for killing certain bosses. ;)

i can only speak for pts grapple, but it is completely unreliable when the Z-axis is involved.

ive had numerous grapples where ive tried to grapple a healer/BC into the firepit, and he lands 5-10 meter behind me. ive had grapples that moved a person precisely 1 meter because his feet dragged against the ground and caught him. and no, there were no anti-knockback abilities or full resolve involved (they wouldnt move at all if that was the case).

it is massively easier to ROOT a ballcarrier in the firepit, because 9 times out of 10 the ballcarrier will wonder why his movement stopped when he has full resolve.

on the same z-axis though it rarely fails.

Edited by Ryotknife