Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BW, you absolutely must roll back the zero credits for WZs nerf

yukirshiro

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After thinking a little deeper on this topic over the course of the day, I find myself wondering if this isn't BW's way of attempting to force the PvP community to use the new War Hero gear by cutting off our chances at buying augmented oranges without spending most of our time farming credits.

*puts on tin foil hat*

Edited by Lord_Infernus

A change almost everyone can agree is a terrible idea.

It's not as though people are getting rich from their 2-5k at the end of warzones. It's one of the least effective ways to make money at 50 there is.

However, it is enough to get a little cash going when you're just sitting in fleet to send companions or buy something occasionally. for those leveling, it's enough to at least help people train their skills at the trainer.

Was fine as is, should be left as is.

This is literally gamebreaking. It cannot go live. It is just an awful, awful change no matter how you look at it.

For 1-49 PVP:

This change literally means that any time you spend in PVP from 1-49 gimps your character if you don't have a level 50 alt to funnel you credits. With all the changes you will get 10 levels in the time it takes to get a single piece of PVP gear, and you will get zero credits. You wll not be able to pay for skill training and you will be constantly using gear that is 10+ levels out of date. Every time you level you will get worse because of the way bolster works.

For level 50 PVP:

You are forcing anyone who wants to craft into PVE. You cannot afford to send your characters out on crafting missions while you PVP if you get no credits from PVP.

It is just a mind bogglingly stupid change. If you want to LOWER credit gain - particularly at level 50 - that's ok (within reason). But you can't ELIMINATE it.

Nobody is asking to get rich from PVPing. The current rate at 50 may be higher than it needs to be.

But we need enough credit gain from PVP to pay for skill training leveling up, and we need enough credit gain at 50 to pay for sending out companions.

agreed 100%, and i didn't even know about these changes D:

i would love to know the thought process behind this change

After thinking a little deeper on this topic over the course of the day, I find myself wondering if this isn't BW's way of attempting to force the PvP community to use the new War Hero gear by cutting off our chances at buying augmented oranges without spending most of our time farming credits.

*puts on tin foil hat*

tbh it just sounds like a way to remove credits from the game. yet they go and increase the credits gained from operations and/or flashpoints.

not fair bioware

tbh it just sounds like a way to remove credits from the game. yet they go and increase the credits gained from operations and/or flashpoints.

not fair bioware

That's the biggest joke of all. It's like they're saying flat out - "We don't want you to be PvPing. We want you to be PvEing."

So much for the Best PvP Team in the Business™

You get no rewards if you have less than 3 medals. That said, you seriously have to AFK not to get 3 medals. By the end of an average match, you'll have at least 5, even if you just herp-derp around. If you actually participate, you're looking at 10+ easily.

As for cash, I don't remember, though I can log into the PTS with my lvl 11 (lol), and get back with that info.

It have happen more then once that we get a early plant on VS and then i jump the bridge and finish everything in 3 min, then i have 0 medals and only 3 min as defender to get 3+ not so easy as pure healer. I had a huge part of the win but nothing to show for it.

You get no rewards if you have less than 3 medals. That said, you seriously have to AFK not to get 3 medals. By the end of an average match, you'll have at least 5, even if you just herp-derp around. If you actually participate, you're looking at 10+ easily.

As for cash, I don't remember, though I can log into the PTS with my lvl 11 (lol), and get back with that info.

This isn't true at all for several classes.

Wow. This is the first I have heard about this change. It sounds terrible. I mainly pvp in this game, even for leveling. It's slow going, but it's how I enjoy the game and I make just enough to get by. This change will cripple my play-style and remove a lot of the enjoyment I get from this game.

I was looking very forward to 1.2. Now, I'm not too sure anymore. :(

Well, did a couple PvP matches on the PTS; crashed during the 3rd match, which really didn't really surprise me. 1.2, or maybe just the PTS, has a lot of problems atm.

as a sniper (class not known for its medal farming abilities); unrated matches

First match:

@ lvl 12: Huttball, win. 7 medals, 1150 credits, ~22k EXP.

Second match:

@ lvl 13: Voidstar, loss, 7 medals, 0 credits, ~20k EXP.

I'd have to say the changes to the monetary rewards is terrible. The rate at which you level up as a lower level is extreme. EXP is practically equal to what a 50 gets on the live server right now. Combine the two and you end up with people who have terrible gear for their level and will probably end up behind on purchasing skill upgrades.

There really was not anything wrong with monetary rewards. I believe at the guild summit they said net income was about equal for PVPr's and PvEr's. Let me restate part of that: net income, not gross income. If net incomes were equal then there was nothing wrong, but now income will be badly skewed toward those that PvE almost exclusively. And if the new dailies and areas give as many credits as people have been saying, I have the feeling inflation will far outstrip the pittance PvP wins will give.

I can only recommend that this change NOT go through to live.

I don't PvP that much, and I think this is the most ridiculous change.

Why screw over the folks that play PvP in your game? The amount of credits they earn is FAR from game breaking.

Please don't implement this, you are already screwing people who enjoyed Ilum, you don't have to make them broke too.

Fail

How about you pay for repairs every time you die. PVE sucks cash outta you like mad especialy if you run ops where you pay close to 100k repair bills for a night.

You actually wipe in an OPs? How bad can you admit to being? Rofl

James OHLEN is conducting a PVP review on Twitter, and I invite you to comment on this current change to him directly:

https://twitter.com/#!/jamesohlen

All I want to know is what the incentive is to stay in a losing warzone now?

Low to no credits, it appears 5 comms per medal. Not needing any sort of rank for gear just means that all Valor gets you is a fancy title which I would suspect that the majority don't really care about that. Maybe it is the Legacy XP?? ya, thats it.. a bunch of abilities that you can't use in PvP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.