Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

DarthMaulUK

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy Zak asked me if I can take him through Eternity Vault as he has never completed it. Being in charge of networking this operation, I eventually got six other players. But almost all of them told me that they've also never done it before. So I basically took about seven first-timers into Eternity Vault and explained every single fight. We definitely wiped a few times, but we promptly finished the operation within 4 hours and lots of smiles were had by everyone (including myself).

I wrote about the story here if you want to read more about the experience: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=366360

Edited by xGBox

That is considered a crime against Humanity 'round here...

Ok... then I have one. As lvl 50 I was not dark V so I decide to farm dark side points in flashpoint.

So I was inviting up to 3 that say OK to speed run and I was doing speed run leaving all items for them.

And I was doing it for around 2 hours total.

I like to help people with their class missions. It's usually when I'm on Dromund Kaas playing a lowbie that someone will ask in general for help with a fight. But I honestly enjoy doing it, it's fun for me to go into other people's stories and help them with something hard and then get to see their cinematics and stuff. I'd do it all day if it was needed, and I'm not shy about asking for help with my own hard fights

This isn't about me; I'm pretty new to the game.

In fact I started out on a low population server and hardly saw anyone. The one time I answered someone's LFG to do a heroic on Hutta, he disappeared in the middle of the mission when he leveled, leaving me surrounded by enemies and a half-finished mission.

So then I decided to start over on a busier server, and I hooked up with someone the same level to run the two heroics on Korriban, when this level 25 called Menace offered to help out. We completely annihilated both missions with him healing, and it took away the bad taste of my first experience.

The very existence of this thread is a bad joke. Seriously. A thread dedicated to patting yourself on the back for performing an unselfish deed does nothing but take away from the deed itself. kudos for being helpful, but this is really REALLY sad.

Sharing nice things may encourage others to do so too.

I myself say please and thank you, sometimes give away loads of companion gifts coz my bank is full and I resist complaining when I do 500k healing and no-one votes for me.

I always try and buff people when I can, but I've also made some lightsaber hilts for lower level players, mods and that sort of thing.

Also when I was much lower level, my friend made me two sets of armour for my Juggernaut, that was kind of him :)

There was a guild 1 short a DPS for Normal mode EV. At that point I was geared past normal modes. I stepped in to to help them out, and walked them through the last fight. Then we went on to Karagga's Palace, and did 4/5 of that before their Operations cut off time. They had never been there or seen strategies so I ended up becoming the defacto Operations Leader and walking them through the fights.

It cost a lot in repairs, and I knew I wouldn't be seeing any loot, but it was fun helping them get exposed to fresh content. : )

Some poor fella was stuck on the imperial fleet. Couldn't move and was clearly in an area that you would assume could move around. The guy first told us about his little issue in a warzone. Just so happen to see him on the fleet yelling for help in region lol.

Told one of my sorc buddies to come over and invite this guy into the part and to pull him.

It worked and he danced with us until the next warzone.

I have Crafted full sets of gear for people.

I gave 1 guy enough for his first mount

I have healed for low levels trying really hard to finish Esseles.

I have helped a group of 8 level 14's and 15's kill the first world boss by healing them.

I have found Orange modded gear and randomly given it to someone of the required class

There is more lol. I like helping people its good Karma :)

random lowbie runs through flashpoints. give away just about all of the stuff I craft.. :p Biochem and Synthweaving. Idk, it's a long list. I just like to give, because alot of this game is really selfish. It's nice to not follow that pattern sometimes. I usually caveat whatever I give them with, pay this back by doing something nice to someone like you when you're my level. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but I hope it gets like a cycle of people doing nice things for other people. That's a nice thought, who knows if the person actually does, but shrug, I guess that's not the point. Edited by Macabakur

This is what happened to me: So, I was playing an Alderaan Warzone, and I saw this one guy with a miniature Mouse Droids (Lil' Sandcrawler) and I started talking with him about it, after the Warzone, I said "I would buy the mouse droid, but I'm saving up for speeder training" and he gave me 25k to buy the Mouse Droid, and I did, unfortunately, I wasn't Light III. I just reached Light III and I have that little mousey following me around =D!

Sometimes I help out lowbies with flashpoint runs, I whisper people being yelled at or abused in warzones and give them advice or just make them feel better, i sometimes chat with the other faction in /say when i meet them out and about.

Sometimes I help out lowbies with flashpoint runs, I whisper people being yelled at or abused in warzones and give them advice or just make them feel better, i sometimes chat with the other faction in /say when i meet them out and about.

heh I do that too, whisper people who are getting berated, I stick up for random ppl on /1 :p too haha. idk why, it just feels like the right thing to do :p

I once saw a level 30 on the station and gave him 300k and took him through boarding party and let him keep all the rewards.

I often lead people on datacron hunts, buff folks, rez them and pass on high level gear to lower players.

It's a community and we need to help others to make it a better one.

In Beta I was on Tython at around level 26 picking up some Datacrons and I acquired some low level purple items.

I decided that they were no good to me so I went up to the Twi'Lek village and asked for help in local. It took ages for anyone to respond to me despite there being lots of players running round (Open Beta had just begun). When one guy responded I pretended to be a "Quest Giver" and told him of the importance of testing this new 'experimental' armour for the good of the Jedi Order. I asked the guy to give me a full evaluation report of his findings and gave him the equipment.

The guy was very pleased and a couple of days later he e-mailed me in game with his report and thanking me for trusting him with a mission of such importance.