Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

DarthMaulUK

I play on PvE, and cannot manage the Chat functions well; no communication thus far with passing Players. But I would like to thank those that without being asked, or waiting about for a Thank You, take the time to offer a buff, heal, etc.

In the same way, I also wish to thanks those for not interfering in battles, and swapping loot that has not yet been recovered from the field. I am aware that I am a sluggish Player, so your patience has been commendable. :csw_r2d2:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent something between 45min & an hour (on my second try. first attempt was 2 hours of fail) looking for the energy cubes on Belsavis to get the green matrix shard. Once I had them I called out in general for anyone who hadn't yet gotten the shard to come join me while I unlocked it. 3 players responded and now I have 3 new friends. :cool:

And of course I always buff others I run across as much as I can - that should just be common courtesy IMO.

Edited by ShawnSixtyTwo

The question for me is more of what haven't I done. I am always buffing people, giving credits, helping in quests, showing people where datacrons and codex are, flying to other planets for a call someone makes, just doing what I can to help, even logging out to get another character to help out in anyway I can.

What I didn't do, and only time I can think of an incident I didn't help, was help a person defeat a level 20 Elite. This was because I checked the who function and found that person to be a level 12. Instead I mentioned that they should do all their quests so that they are of an appropriate level for the content. If they were at least close I could understand, but that was ridiculous.

Edited by Esproc

I gave someone 48k to purchase their first speeder training and speeder. Not sure what they were doing with their credits to hit lvl 27 and still not have a speeder. Regardless, I just felt bad seeing him running around still at that lvl. Edited by onstorm

I helped a group of republic players do their heroic on my juggernaut.

I was on tatooine and went over to the pub side, found a group of 4 pubs killing a whole bunch of elite mobs. I would wait for a mob to turn gray and then jump in and help finish that mob off.

It was pretty amusing.

I rode the Tattooine balloon with someone to the datacron. Neither of us made the second jump.

He gave up. I rode it again, made the jump and logged off. I didn't leave the location until we were on at the same time again (it didn't take long) and used Rescue to pull him up without the balloon ride.

He lent me his Hydro-thinner for a datacron on Hoth.

Now we're buds!

hmm nicest thing i've done for a player is probably not be a dick to them if they seem to be, how shall i put it, not good. It's hard sometimes but the harder it is the nicer not being a douche about it becomes, and you can just never group with that person again anyway afterwards haha

I think I was getting ready to go to bed, finishing up a class quest on my IA a week ago that took me to Korriban... walking by somebody happened to ask "Would you mind helping me with this heroic 2?" I respond "I'm sorry, I'm about to go to bed I'm just finishing a class quest quick."

Few seconds later, I decide "screw it" and whisper the player back "Nevermind, I'll help you out." and invite them to a group, to complete Hate Machine. Then said took care and logged out for bed.

Maybe not that big a deal, but meh, in the world nowadays little things like this is better than nothing.

Hmm... lets see.

Ive made custom orange armour for people charging only the mats (meaning they usually pay like a maximum of 500 credits for the item).

Ive helped low-level players with heroics when nobody answered their LFG's.

Ive helped same (or nearly same) level players with heroics even though i had just done the heroic.

Ive helped new players with all kinds of questions (yes even the ones that are so obvious that they usually get teased in general chat).

But perhaps most importantly: ive never ever told anyone to spacebar in a flashpoint.

I really suck when it comes to moving, so the Datacron on Taris had cost me almost 20 minutes to get it. When I finally got to it I was ready to unsubscribe and had bitten out a good chunk of my keyboard - that was the moment when someone standing below the platform whispered me and asked how to get to the cube.

I went through all the pain again to bring him there, but in the end it felt even more rewarding than getting there myself.

Actually this makes me think of the nicest thing someone did for ME - a commando i didnt know before and myself happened to take the same balloon on Tatooine, but when we jumped down to the strenth-datacron - i missed the platform. I already wanted to quick travel away when I saw him jumping like crazy.

i was so thankful that he, being a commando, remembered my guardian leap...

Edited by Tiddex

While going around in circles at the fleet in my dead server a fresh level 10 started asking the usual newb questions. I answered them but the nicest thing I did was inform him to switch servers because this one is dead. Saved that dude hours and hours of future boredom. Edited by Tatebomb

I have given someone 100k, helped with the usual class quests when some ask for help and even gave 500k to one lucky winner! Yes, 500k!

So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.

I told my friend to stay away from the game 2 days ago. That counts ?