Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armormrch can RE/Learn Tech Armor

Synth can RE/Learn Force Armor

How do you distinguish them ? I mean, orange items do not have any stats that would allow you to say well, it has strenght/willpower so Synthweaver can RE them or it has Aim or Cunning so Armormech can RE them. The only thing that is mentioned on such armors is their type (light/medium/heavy). And what about weapons ? Why wouldn't the devs allow Artificers to RE lightsabers and such as well ? :confused:

How do you distinguish them ? I mean, orange items do not have any stats that would allow you to say well, it has strenght/willpower so Synthweaver can RE them or it has Aim or Cunning so Armormech can RE them. The only thing that is mentioned on such armors is their type (light/medium/heavy). And what about weapons ? Why wouldn't the devs allow Artificers to RE lightsabers and such as well ? :confused:

NPC drop orange items either haves stats all ready or are class spefic sets so that how you tell. You can also tell by the look and name of it as well.

The non-class orange we have now with out stats are crafted all ready. For social gear doubt we can RE that.

Artifice can on live can RE some light sabers, and with 1.2 RE/Learn more schematics that they can craft and crit with Aug slot. Besides this game is dominated by the glow stick community they would be stupid to not let Artifice do that.

Edited by Joefjr

If one can reverse from Orange Gear now, PLEASE please expand the rewarded loot from Heroic Quests. Please allow us to pick the loot from any class, since that is where a lot of the Orange Gear "drops" and it is bound.

Otherwise, it will be impossible to get a lot of the schematics. If it will be confusing too for players (they can choose stuff that they can't use), then only activate this once a player reaches 50 or have it be activatable from the options screen.

Another possibility would be to make Orange quest rewards bound to account, so we can mail it to our armorcrafter, but this has a lot of additional implications that may be unwanted.

When I do Heroics I do them in groups, the other loots items are available to me through this method...

Honestly it helps gear my companions

BOA I think is going to be more like a legacy feature to bind to legacy, which for some will cause great fits of displeasure (those who avoid crafting) but for those of us who embrace all parts of the game will be a much cheered change

When does Patch 1.2 come out.

I know this a very common question. But I was wondering if I should wait until it is postred to creat anymore characters and take full advantage of the up comming options and bounuses.

I think it is in April, or that was the last statement in this regard.

I am actually working hard to grind up my craft skills before 1.2 in order to take full advantage. Between my wife and I we have them all covered (twice in some cases)

Does this mean that it is not available for tier 1 items? That directly contradicts the above statement that "Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched".

I believe this means Columni as T2 end game gear where Tionese is T1 and Rakata T3 however, I did hear that a new "rank" of end game gear was to be added for both PvE and PvP and that is was being listed as Tier 2 gear.

I believe this means Columni as T2 end game gear where Tionese is T1 and Rakata T3 however, I did hear that a new "rank" of end game gear was to be added for both PvE and PvP and that is was being listed as Tier 2 gear.

The sets have the same bonus so they are the same teir.

Teir 1

Ti- is T1.0

Co- is T1.25

RA- is T1.5

1.2 - Legacy

PvE

Teir 2

T-2.0 NM - Corellia Daily

T-2.25 HM

T-2.5 NM

PvP

From what i heard you can buy current highest rated/equivalent PvP gear for credits and the new better sets are done thru rated WZ's

I kinda like how they split up the Augments, if they gave them all to one profession it would be Bio-Chem all over again.

It's not really comparable to re-usable items.

The only desirable augments are primary stat ones, and to a lesser extent Endurance.

There's also going to be far less of a market for augments than other item modifications, at any level but 50.

Indeed, currently you can only get desirable augments from artifact Slicing missions, yet Slicing isn't anywhere near the most profitable gathering skill in the game.

Parceling out augments doesn't address any of the real concerns with Armormech and Synthweaving, it just creates new problems.

It's not really comparable to re-usable items.

The only desirable augments are primary stat ones, and to a lesser extent Endurance.

There's also going to be far less of a market for augments than other item modifications, at any level but 50.

Indeed, currently you can only get desirable augments from artifact Slicing missions, yet Slicing isn't anywhere near the most profitable gathering skill in the game.

Parceling out augments doesn't address any of the real concerns with Armormech and Synthweaving, it just creates new problems.

Armor and Synth will be rolling in credits because every one is going to want the Aug gear and primary stat augs. I find my slicer alt to be a very good credit maker missions sell good on my server.

Edited by Joefjr

Biochem can craft implants with augments now when crits but with 1.2 they remove this ability

Already the market for implants is extremelly cheap, they sell for 6k or 12k unless its a purple and making them is sometimes hardly worth the effort since i can make more money just doing my daillies

Besides this implants with augments are pretty nice since you can make a much better piece with the augment with very low added cost so whats the reasoning behind removing the augment slot in implants pls?

How do the mod stations play into this, if at all? Additionally, here is a suggestion inspired by jmarFTL's post on the first page of this thread.

…Why not just make the reverse engineering schematic chance on orange items 100%?…
I think that there should be a 100% success chance in RE of any item if some kind of "Advanced Engineering" token (consumable) is used when RE that item. I believe the easiest way to add that to the game would be through a mod station.

Biochem can craft implants with augments now when crits but with 1.2 they remove this ability

Already the market for implants is extremelly cheap, they sell for 6k or 12k unless its a purple and making them is sometimes hardly worth the effort since i can make more money just doing my daillies

Besides this implants with augments are pretty nice since you can make a much better piece with the augment with very low added cost so whats the reasoning behind removing the augment slot in implants pls?

Yeah, don't nerf Biochem's implant crit bonus. Edited by onfireguy

And still actual confirmation from a dev would be appreciated since my common sense and analysis of the blogpost tells me the opposite. :eek:

If they let both learn both then what is the point of having Armor and Synth? Why not just merge them into one professions. If they went into more details, it would be a book instead of a blog post.

Edited by Joefjr

If they let both learn both then what is the point of having Armor and Synth? Why not just merge them into one professions. If they went into more details, it would be a book instead of a blog post.

I wouldn't mind going for a whole book. :D Seriously though, I'm not asking for letting both Synthweaving and Armormech RE all orange items and I actually would like it to be the way you described it (Synthweaving : Force users armors, Armormech : Non-force users armors). But the way I read it from the blogpost, it's like only Armormech can RE all types of orange items. If so, I will probably switch to Armormech but I'd rather have a clear answer on the matter.

First off, I don't like the ship droid being shut up. I liked it, was very C3PO-ish and it gave me a smile. But, not a big deal as i'm in the minority I guess..

Second, and this may be a result of me not having a synthweaver but soon to, but wasn't there supposed to be an orange version of every non-moddable (green, blue etc...) piece of gear available for crafters to make for appearance sake? I haven't seen this as true in game yet.

Is this still true? If not, what happened to it, as it would be very desirable. I thought crafters were to be the go to source of orange versions of every piece of gear in the game, thus enhancing appearance customization.

All I hear from this update is that orange gear is RE-able....for the augment slot. But, that doesn't seem to do anything for appearances sake. It's more a min maxer thing.

What happened to that? or am I just not seeing it because I don't have a high level synthweaver yet? Main is an artificer.

Nice update for armormech, synth and armstec. The rest looks pretty weak. When these 3 crit a craft result the item is more powerful but when an enhancement or mod is critted it just yields extra items. That is weak. If I need more items I will craft em this is no benefit at all to a crit result. Guess I chose the wrong crew skill to max out when I went art.

I have another idea after reading this. Why not just make the reverse engineering schematic chance on orange items 100%? This way, people would actually have an incentive to RE this gear. As it is now, I'm not going to touch my valuable orange items to reverse engineer them knowing I may get nothing and lose access to that appearance forever.

No guts, no glory!:D