Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

Im SOOOOOO happy with this:

As alluded to in a previous blog post, color crystals are seeing some change in Game Update 1.2. We want players to be able to choose their weapon color without having to worry about stats. To this end, we are introducing top-end crystals for all available colors to the game.

thank you

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...cybertechs will be able to sale a bkie that doesnt look that great. 1 bike. And some earpieces?

Are we going to be able to make the highest mods? or will people just be ripping those and we'll be left with making ones a couple levels below?

As a Synthweaver since launch who loves to make moddable equipment, what I'd really like to see is the ability to make a moddable version out of any Premium Quality piece of loot or better. These armors exist in more color variations than there are Moddable patterns. Some of them I really like the look of and would be able to keep wearing by outfitting them with better quality modifications as I level up. I think it would be nice if you sold "dyes" or some other process that would let players choose between the various color variations that are seen on any given armor model.

Also, I'm confused about being able to remove mods and set bonuses from Raid armor and craft new moddable versions (for critting). The dev post says it can be done for Tier 2 armor. What about the existing Tier 1 armor? If it won't work on the Tier 1 armor we already have, I will be quite disappointed.

Okay, well, I've been going on the assumption this was how it was going to work since they announced it, and I was really excited.

After reading a few pages of this thread, it's clear this is not how it will be, but that the piece will need to already be orange in order to become an orange schematic in my craftable list. (if someone specified otherwise in any page past 8, I'd appreciate a correction).

To me, this kind of defeats the entire purpose of trying to make everyone a little more aesthetically unique. If a piece is already orange, I know I'll be able to get the schematic and then crit-craft for an extra augment slot, but when my main concern is the look of my character, why do I give a s*** about that augment slot when I'm still horrified by 95% of the orange pieces in the game? And especially when there are so many blue and green pieces that are GREAT-looking.

The things is, I was thinking that, if I could finally get an orange version of those Echani Dense Robes (the low level white ones), I could finally look like an actual Jedi and not... ya know... a Jedi spliced with an armored cyborg.

Hey,

A bunch of you have brought up the point that reverse engineering orange quest item appearances would be a risky business.

That's true - which is why we did not enable reverse engineering for these. It would be pretty frustrating for players to destroy the quest reward they worked so hard to get for a chance at being able to craft the appearance.

Instead, many of the these appearances are now available through tradeable schematics found through mission discoveries.

Another clarification regarding augment slots:

In the mid-term (e.g. past Game Update 1.2), we are planning on adding means to the game that allow you to add augment slots to equipment you already have.

So while critical crafted appearances are the only source of augment slots in Game Update 1.2., this is a temporary arrangement that will change in the future when we implement means to retrofit existing gear (including social) with augment slots (without devaluing crafters in the process).

I am happy :D

I'm a non-elitist player who truly enjoys this game. As such, I am happy to see that there will be multiple pathways to acquire high level end-game items. It has always frustrated me that in WoW, the best items were only obtainable through heroic instances. Rewarding the diligent crafter whose lov and enjoyment of the game is equal to that of the instance snobs seems, to me to be very fair. It seems the only people not responding positively are those who obviously think that these items should only rewarded to those that "beat" the game. This thinking should be reserved for the Xbox and Playstation. Since these MMORPGs are constantly updated, a player can't truly ever "beat" the game. New content and challenges will always arise, providing items that surpass the previous "maxed-out" items. Rather than turn SWTOR into another WoW, BioWare has taken a different path. I applaud them for their courage and their wisdom.

Servers are becoming ghost towns and this meager update to crafting will not change that.

Read my suggestions: http://www.empireselite.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=674

So are they just supposed to stop updating the game? You expect BW to just pack it up and NOT fix the game with possible potential? The cannot snap their fingers and fix everything in the game (though I did expect more of them), and servers are not dead towns. By five o'clock most servers are standard, if not heavy. You must be reading the server listings at four in the morning or something.

I was just thinking about something:

They should implement a Crew Skills App for mobile, so you can send your crew on missions when you can't play the game!

Now you can send them away before you log out, but if you can track what they do and then send them away again it would help me alot in gaining lvls for crew skills!

I am VERY unhappy with the decision to make critically crafted orange gear better than end game operations gear. What a hassle and time sink it will be to not just get the end game gear, but then get a critically crafted orange piece, then spend the credits to pull three epic mods out of the end game piece to reslot in the orange, then find an epic Augment... all to use one piece of gear.

I know crafting needed help, but this is NOT the way to do it. Crafting Augment slots IS a much better choice and should have received MUCH higher priority than crit crafted orange gear.

Cybertech tank mods still missing as of April 3. These are the mods (the specific item, not the generic term) I'm talking about, which exist in game but for some reason cannot currently be crafted:

Resilient/Robust/Weighted (main stat + absorb)

and

Deflecting/Elusive/Reinforced (main stat + defense)

What's the status on these? Can they be RE'd if not learned from a trainer? What's the plan? Given huge improvements to other professions, cybertech should finally get these. I know the trainer patterns should be there, as I started as an artificer and these patterns were on the trainer (even though you couldn't learn them).

I think you missed the biggest part of the orange gear section of the coming update. Once crafters can get schematics for orange gear, they then have a chance to CRIT when crafting orange gear. This results in orange gear with extra augment slots. Then you can take out all mods from the highest gear in PvE and PVP and put them in your orange gear, AND augment them. This orange critted gear will be better than the non crit gear end game items.

And since it's orange crafters will be able to sell to raiders ONCE per piece-assuming the guild doesn't already do it all in-house. So like everything else in this game, the earliest birds get to feast while everyone else gets famine.

Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success.

Does this apply to the social outfits (eg. Sandpeople costume) ?

The word "almost" from the quote leaves it wide open as to whether you will be able to or not.

I love that the social sets will finally be available in medium/heavy. Unfortunatly without an augment slot they're just not going to be as good as other crated gear.

Hey,

A bunch of you have brought up the point that reverse engineering orange quest item appearances would be a risky business.

That's true - which is why we did not enable reverse engineering for these. It would be pretty frustrating for players to destroy the quest reward they worked so hard to get for a chance at being able to craft the appearance.

So none quest "orange" items can be RE:ed? for example drops?

-Mike

blablabla snip,

RAID armor that cant be buyed and weared by a lvl 10,....... nice

I'm guessing you have been playing for a while, that means you should know there are level restrictions to gear and mods/enchants etc.

Stop beeing a "cat" (propper abbreviation of a word that you should know of what i mean) and deal with what they throw at us.

-Mike

Hi I have made around 15 to 20 Acolyte Bracers in Synthweaving and so far had no luck producing a new schematic. I don't know if its a bug but it says on the Acolyte Bracers I should have a 20% chance of learning a new schematic.

thanks

John

This change to augments is bad. I used to be able to get augments on my slicer. They were random and if I didn't need them myself, I'd sell them on the GTN. Now I can't get any at all and NOBODY is crafting or selling these! Right now the GTN has level 33-39 augments only. Nothing for a low levels or end game.