Don't take away our "giggle/laugh" when upper hand procs in 1.2! =(

PerfectDuke

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone actually tried this out on PTS? Probably, it was not about giggling, but about some random bug sound?

Now that they said about it in notes - I somehow feel that I did hear occasional "unproper" sounds while playing couple of times. But those were very rare, I'm even unsure that it happened.

I mean, they could not just take away our sound-support, right (especially considering that visual part of our proc is crap)? Why only smuggler then? Many classes have ugly audio\video effects, giggling was not worst of those anyway. I HOPE it's just another case of poor and unclear patchnotes (which are not even final - as it's PTS notes, not live, right?).

Wait wait wait!

Is there a danger we loose the giggle?

I'll honestly quit playing my sawbones if she stops giggling. That giggle really adds to her character :/

Bio Ware said "GRUNT" in the patch notes as they only assume Imperials ever.

The Imperial Agent makes that sound, of course they ignore the Republic side as always.

I can not believe I just took the effort to sign in to post on this thread...

Anyways, I have irl made a sticker that reads Save the Giggle. I am trying to form an alliance of giggle happy spice users. :eek: Wish me luck!

the giggle always cheers me up while im being torn into pieces by sentinels/marauders, tossed around like a glove around the whole battlefield while at the same time getting fried by force lightning or stoned to death by pebbles, tries to actually kill npc mobs during dailyquests or just wastes away some kolto probes out of boredom or rememberes that the world would be better with a greener point of view... why in the world take the funniest and coolest PC perk away from us? arnt our two classes (operatives/scoundrels) sorry enough?

sad face if they by any chance wouldnt rethink thaty decision

The giggle is harmless! Don't remove it.

It's weird though. Apparently some people think that the giggle is an emote so people think that its an insult in WZ's because they laugh when they kill a person or something. So if this is the case scoundrel's are getting hit by this because other people do not understand other classes mechanics.

Hopefully bioware changes their mind about this. There are a lot of better options out there then just simply removing it. Like make it toggleable or make it so that other players have the option to not hear another players proc or something. A lot more work but it will keep everyone happy.

Any news on the giggle front?

I honestly am holding back on re-subbing until I know if I will giggle or not...

I love the giggle too, but... balancing one's sub on it? :confused:

I could never see quitting over something like that unless it's the last straw in a long line or something.

/signed

For RP purposes, I love the giggle - it perfectly fits my scoundrel's irreverent attitude, and cheers up my party.

For gameplay purposes, it's a nice audio cue that UH just procced.

Please leave the giggle in. Make it selectable, or make it self only if there's some valid reason others shouldn't hear it.

Well guys I am sorry to announce that on the PTS the /giggle is in fact gone... I do not know if it will be a permanent change-over to the patch or not, but it's kind of sad haha... The funny thing is I think Vanguards/Powertechs get to keep theirs...