So, I made a friend! ...yay?

Sunosan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's disturbing to think this can happen though. It didnt even occur to me that playing a female toon would leave some men so open to suggestion - I mean, there are no GIRLS on the internet - everybody knows that (Yes im joking to make a point!)

I feel sorry for Female gamers. Stay safe out there! If this can happen to me, it can happen to any of ya!

This are sadly common... or at least it was in wow when i were active there...

I remember one time, in a raid (think it was Zul Gurub) we had just killed the main boss. our main healer that happened to be an female toon, commented something about his GF....

Then suddenly our youngest member, starts to cry on our vent channel. And not some sobering type of cry... no he went all the way....

Turns out he had been in love with the healer for like 6 month or so.... and the fact that our healer in fact were a guy, was too much for him to handle... and yes he were 13 years old...

rest of guild was like "er... what do we do now? how do we react to this?" I rely felt sorry for him tho.... this could be a little kid with no friends and parents that were sketchy in their parenting skills...

And yes before any1 asks this is a real story... NOT a made up story...

He didnt answer me directly but he did shout a few times in general chat "[Myself] IS A MAN PRETNDING 2 B A GIRL! WATCH OUT!" - which was met by a fair few giggles before continuing their debate about Ewoks.

Thats a bit funny tho... but also a bit scary in a way :confused:

To fix the problem, if you really want to play this class as your main, delet the character and make a carbon copy (looks wise anyway) but change the name.

Problem solved

He shouldn't have to delete and recreate his character because someone else is making him uncomfortable. The way to fix the problem is to use '/ignore' and report for harassment if needed.

Yep, your stalker is definitely a lonely kid. When a child wants to play with you, but you are busy, he/she brings his little chair and big book, sits next to you while you are working at your laptop, and says "I'll wait until you are free and we can play". It can drive you mad.

The OP said the person claimed to be 33 - which doesn't mean it's true :-)

Thread of the year! An awesome read from both ends. The icing on top was that he thought you were a girl lol.

I just thought we was a pro stalker/troller. Maybe there was a Greek forum where he had a thread saying how he's following a girl he likes. That would be funny.

Admit it, you miss him a little!

Heh. I will be honest and admit I miss his ability to just plow through heroic quests - im sitting here LFG for one now whereas before he just would have done it.

It ends there though.

When the group is finished, unless you're friends in a guild (or general) you're supposed to split up and do your own thing. He had a problem with doing this and that is why I dont miss him all that much - it's refreshing to /leave a group when ive got my social points.

!

For everybody saying he is obviously an 11yr old kid - he did tell me he was 33, but he could have been lying. He has to be old enough to smoke though (a lot!) so I doubt he is younger than 16.

Then again, why lie about being 33? Im 28 and I hate my advancing age!

SInce all this happened, he hasnt been online (whereas he would be online all the time) and ive had a few whispers telling me im "warped" for pretending to be a girl (I never have done this) - but the idiots who insult you are a lot easier to handle than the seemingly nice people who wont go away! Im not against /ignoring a complete idiot :)

Perhaps he is heartbroken that the only woman he ever truely loved has a pecker?

Regardless though, I still feel disturbed by it. I keep thinking to myself "Holy-heck, what if he does this to an actual girl?"

Enjoying my new found freedom stuck in the LFG channel :p

what rely strikes me tho is that he never asked about OPs gender.... he just assumed that it was a girl cause the toon was a girl... If RL gender were based on toon gender then there would be a insane amount of girls playing mmo games :cool::rolleyes:

EDIT:

I keep thinking to myself "Holy-heck, what if he does this to an actual girl?"

lol now that would be worth posting! :D a bit evil? maybe so... but hey i cant help my self i find this a bit funny as i have been there may self a few times in the past :p

Edited by crazyplaya

Anyone who has every played any other MMORPG knows very well you automatically assume all female toons are played by a male unless told otherwise.

I've played female toons for the past 10 years (don't know why, just seems more aesthetically pleasing /shrug) and I can't even recount the number of times people have embarassed them self assuming I'm female IRL. Not to mention I can't understand how lonely some people seem to be based on the situations I've found myself in just because I play female toons. I really feel sorry for female gamers having to deal with a lot of this crap.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Y'know, I've been thinking about the fact he thought of you as his girlfriend...Umm, okay was this from like a role-playing point of view? Because how can anyone in a mmo be your boy/girlfriend? With exceptions of RL friends who play the game, we don't KNOW any of the people we play/group with. Its just really weird (and bit creepy) that anyone would think of another toon as their romantic partner. :eek:

Your story is pretty funny, the most funny part is the person thought you were female(or were going to RP a female) and then thought you were his girlfriend, hahaha.

In all honesty I often feel MMO "friends" are usually nothing but pests.

I don't like having people /whis me with "hi, hey, whatsup, what are you doing, want to quest?"

It's much less annoying to simply group in general chat for the quest and then leave group once you're finished.

SInce all this happened, he hasnt been online (whereas he would be online all the time) and ive had a few whispers telling me im "warped" for pretending to be a girl (I never have done this) - but the idiots who insult you are a lot easier to handle than the seemingly nice people who wont go away! Im not against /ignoring a complete idiot :)

You're warped? "Who's the more foolish"... you know the rest. :cool:

Not to mention I can't understand how lonely some people seem to be based on the situations I've found myself in just because I play female toons. I really feel sorry for female gamers having to deal with a lot of this crap.

I'm sure some female gamers play male toons for this very reason.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Haha I knew you were playing as a girl.

The fact that you're actually a guy irl is just the icing on the cake.

I'm guessing the whispers you have from people calling you warped are just his toons.

Lol to anyone who has a creepy stalker in this game they should just consider them a companion that happens to be insanely annoying

I'm sure some female gamers play male toons for this very reason.

Nah. I just play my lone male toon because he looks good, especially when he runs...except during that bomb-collecting mission on Dromund Kaas, he had a slightly girly trot then :p

Best thread I've read on these forums, anywhere. Thank you for starting it, OP.

As a female playing primarily female toons- this creeped me out. Intensely. Should be stickied as an excellent example of what could happen...

Glad it's been resolved :)

This is....the single most interesting thread I have ever read! I mean really dude, I'm not trying to say it pleases me to see you suffer or anything weird like that but this whole thing is just a fascinating story. I'm REALLY glad he didn’t chase you off your main toon. And as for the other weird Greeks giving you trouble for playing a girl....well think about it. This thread has kinda made you a pseudo tor celebrity. I'm sure you could round up some support from some fellow female toon playin dudes. wouldn’t it be pretty funny to have a crowd of "chicks" surround these Greek guys and reveal that there all dudes? lol you could even start up a guild for fun. Sunosan's girls lol. Anyways man thanks for sharing. Glad your problems are solved and hope these guys don't give you too much trouble in the future.

I'm a girl playing female toon(s) and this s*** creeps me out! I would most likely not have taken as much s*** as you did from that greek dude before taking drastic measures :p

I'm more and more happy each day that I've basically only encountered terrific people whilst grouping (and now in guild) :eek: that being said this is my first MMO ever so I'm probly not the best example hehe

Well maybe the worst I've seen was that the person I was doing heroic 2+ with was just extremely boring with hardly any talk while mission, where as I normally 'lol' and ':D' and might say stupid things often :p

Good to know things got sorted out!

I took an anthropology course years ago and the professor taught me a valuable life lesson that I've applied everytime I enter a new environment like a workplace, neighborhood, or social situation.

The first person to contact you in a new situation is a social outcast. Avoid them. They are usually the wierdo or "village idiot" looking to make a friend. If you associate with them, you will be instantly labeled and be "guilty by association." This has held true for every new job I have ever had. The first person who wants to show you around or go to lunch is always the office nut. The same is true in MMOs.

File this for future reference and you'll find it true in almost every new situation.

That would be me.

I have an ASD and find social situations difficult. Constantly being shunned because you're "different" or say and do things that people think you're stupid.

We can't all be mr popular, or mr fantastic. But hey, let's just shun those who can't help themselves.

People like you are all image (trust me I've known a few), all about themselves and how they can't think for themselves.

I understand where the OP comes from though, as I have been where they come from, and I have been the "stalker" even though I didn't realise what itwas I was doing. I was just trying to be friendly.

Edited by Paralassa
content

You could also level a Republic alt, so he thinks you quit. If you don't have a legacy name, he won't recognize you in a warzone.

By the time you get back on your original character, your level difference will be too large to quest with him.

Interesting problem - can't say I ever had that one.

This was a good story, and I find myself completely unsurprised. I've been 'on-line' since 1991, and have pretty much seen and heard it all. It's a shame that in all those years, behaviors haven't changed much, even though technology, and the permeation of social media and social games has changed significantly. People still have an odd sense of entitlement that baffles me.

I applaud you for keeping your cool during all this, I don't think there is a better way to have dealth with this, and putting it behind you as a big old 'oh well' is the best thing to do at this point. Of course, you broke some poor kid's heart, you meanie, hope you can live with yourself (j/k of course).

People still take a game way too seriously.

Haha I knew you were playing as a girl.

The fact that you're actually a guy irl is just the icing on the cake.

I'm guessing the whispers you have from people calling you warped are just his toons.

Lol to anyone who has a creepy stalker in this game they should just consider them a companion that happens to be insanely annoying

Like the ship droid only with a stunted english vocabulary.

Perhaps he is heartbroken that the only woman he ever truely loved has a pecker?

Ahahahaha!! What a great way to start my morning! XD

It is sad how some people take online toons way too seriously. My husband has some female toons too, and he says as soon as he gets a whiff of any kind of interest from a guy who obviously thinks he's really a girl, he'll "say things only a guy would say" as he put it. That usually gives them a clue.

I've had guys come on to my female toons as well, but soon as I whisper that my name is Ralph and blow them a kiss, they stop responding for some reason. :D (My name is not Ralph, but I took the name from a naughty nun-and-a-cab-driver joke...)

I just came across this thread today (yes, I read all 10 pages...) and I wonder if (random dude) is the same person as (stalker). What are the chances someone would whisper you out of the blue about someone else and they both happened to have similar mastery of the English language. Then that same random person goes on to ridicule you in general chat for pretending to be female? My guess is that (stalker) was 2 boxing, made his "announcement" on general chat when he found you were a guy and his alts are sending you the whispers here and there about pretending to be a girl.

I have to say though, all my co-workers were wondering what the heck I was cackling about all day.

ok quick questions since i dont fancy reading all 10 pages for an answer that might not be there.

so is the OP still having his/her stalker problem cause if so im more then willing to log on an even make a new alt on your server just to tell the person to f off an take a flying leap out of the nearest airlock.

now ive helped people an had people help me but no where near as bad as what the OP described an me i offer to help people with quests an not just Heroics but as soon as they say thanks for the help we go our separate ways normally with me leaving the planet asap.

i really think if you havent already OP to just tell him to politely F off