So, I made a friend! ...yay?

Sunosan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a friend a lot like yours in Age of Conan... turned out he was a chinese gold farmer and I got my account suspended for "helping him farm gold"... Honestly while reading that I was having some crazy flash backs lol. Sounds like you have the same thing, i could be wrong.... but that is what it sounds like.. I would personally just /ignore him and move on or if you are afraid of hurting feelings just move to another character. Edited by Shrilokka

wow, just.....wow. I just finished reading every single comment on this thread after being kicked off the game for some "emergency matinance" and was looking at random threads when I found this...wow....I have been rendered speachless by this account....I only have one thing to ask....how do I succribe to a thread? I want to continue to follow this story and see what happens, and I cannot seem to figure out how.

sorry to ruin ur fun but do remember that this person could be acting like this for a number of reasons...

it looks to me like he is in desperate need of contact from other persons. if this is the case then taunting him would not be very helpful and a bit cruel thing to do...

try to put ur self in his position. he probably only wanted contact. tho i agree that he drove it too far but is it rely hes fault? for all u know, both his parents could be dead and this is the only contact he know about...

most of the time, these type of players have issues RL that makes them like this. bullying him will not help in any way....

what he needs is good friends and as the OP have stated, there were a friend of him there at some point working as a translator between OP and this person.

Best thing u can do is to just leave him be and ignore him if u have to.

But it is funny and well told/expressed, in fact this story is hilarious!

This is something not even GL could come up with and never imagined could happen in Star Wars I bet! :)

I reread the thread and I truly Laugh Out Loud (lol) and that does not happen often! :)

I started reading this thread, found it amusing for a bit, and then realized this is the:

Biggest troll ever...

My kid can make up better stories than this.

Your kid cant have that much of an imagination then :p

Why would I troll a story as dull as this one? If I were going to troll (something I can never do anyway because im an idiot and suck at it) it would be a better story with weirder things happening like "OMG he turned up at my house and now is eating my food! Help!" - ala The Guild.

So, UPDATE - I guess this is the last one as things are a tad boring on the stalker front now.

I decided to grow a second pair and not run away, instead, im sticking on my main and ignoring/reporting the random comments I get. Ive done this for the past 2 days now and I reckon they're gotten bored with me because they've altogether stopped!

YAY! Im now friendless again! :p

My stalker is playing his character more frequently now and seems to be keeping himself at arm's length whenever we run into each other - apparantly, playing with men is something he doesnt like doing ;)

I have noticed though that he is following another female toon around and quite a bit too! At first it was a chuckle: "Another poor soul who cant get rid of him" I laughed to myself

But then it hit me:

Another poor soul who cant get rid of him? It wasnt the most pleasent experience for me so if this character is actually a female gamer - how is she gonna feel when she realizes he wont go away.

She is gona log on to find him facing her! She's gonna be stalked if she puts him on ignore!

Assuming it is actually a female playing the toon, that is.

Perhaps, though, she'll have more balls than me and just tell him then and there where to go?

I must say, the temptation to become a stalker myself and to meddle in their business has been overwhelming.

I havent actually said anything and I dont think I will as it isnt my business and I dont want the guy to lose any friends because of it, but I still feel a pang of concern when I see him following "her" around.

So that is it I suppose. It's been an adventure and a learning experience even for me! I played MMO's since Everquest and had experienced the odd 'Hanger-on' but I was grateful because Everquest was a LOT HARDER than any other MMO to date.

Learn and Grow - im Learning and Growing with every new game :)

Edited by Sunosan

I'd actually tell this new target of his affection about his Clinger status. Just say 'hey, fyi, that guy following you around is a creep and probably thinks you're his girlfriend, even though I'm sure he didnt even ask if you were female."

But then it hit me:

Another poor soul who cant get rid of him? It wasnt the most pleasent experience for me so if this character is actually a female gamer - how is she gonna feel when she realizes he wont go away.

She is gona log on to find him facing her! She's gonna be stalked if she puts him on ignore!

Assuming it is actually a female playing the toon, that is.

Perhaps, though, she'll have more balls than me and just tell him then and there where to go?

Quite possibly. :D As a female gamer, that was my reaction at several occasions since I find it really creepy being hit on based on a virtual character. :eek:

Anyway...I'm sorry for you bro but this is the BEST THREAD EVER. I've been following it religiously since the start and had my fair share of laughing. :p

That is so cute! the first half of your story sounds rather like something out of a children's book :) but then it gets into Michael Douglas "im gonna kill you if you ever leave me" territory, sounds like you've got a nutter on your hands, but all comedy aside, /ignore is youre best bet i think. good luck...

OP give in to temptation an start following them it will be funny to see how he likes it for a change maybe even msg this other "female" an ask what shes doing with your bf lol.

go on it would be hilarious unless im the only sadistic one that thinks that.

go on give in to your darkside atleast until you know he aint stalking "her"

Oh god.. been there done that.

I had a "friend" just like yours in another mmo who just wouldn't leave me alone either,

he was online all the damn time, and instantly pm'ed whenever I came online on any of my characters he knew about.

I ended up getting bored of the game and took a 6 month break, returned, guess who messaged me the second I came online? That's right.. an alt of his I had never heard of before.. he had apparently been religiously adding every one of my characters to his friends list on every alt, for half a year!

dude, this is gonna give me nightmares! that guy was like a freakin stalker!!

to the OP

i have to agree with every else here the best bet is to just ignore its really for the better

Heh, interesting advice.

Im on the RP-PVP server called Lord... something - begins with a P.

Anyway, to update on whats going on, last night I logged on and he wasnt online so, the coward I am, I quickly blocked him and let out a sigh of releif before continuing on my merry way.

Only, five minutes later, I got a message from some random person saying "Hi omw! :)" :jawa_redface: - you guessed it, it was his alt.

To avoid an inevitible scene, I took him back off ignore and we grouped up, doing quests, following him around, collecting stuff why I waited, healing him etc.

I decided to find out more about him, you guys gave some good advice and assumptions only serve to make an *** out of most people, so I asked him where he is from (Greece, as it turns out - not china) and asked him a couple more questions that he didnt (perhaps he couldnt understand?)

He told me he is 33 though - so I know he's 33, from Greece and likes to smoke - a lot! Every 10 minutes "Smoking brb!"

I decided, after an hour of folowing him arund, to be blunt - I said "Ok. I want to play by myself for a while so im leaving the group."

He said "Ok, I come with you :)"

"No. Dont come with me please, I want to do some quests by myself." (me)

"You want my help? Ok :) (him)

"No thank you, I want to solo them!" (Me)

"Ok, you need help you shout! :)" (him) - and off he went.

I sat there, looking at the chat thinking to myself 'No, it cant be THAT easy!' but decided to take my new found freedom to another planet and catch up with some quests there.

Fives minutes later "You need help yet?"

"No thanks! :)" I reply.

"Ok, I follow you!"

A minute later, he was standing infront of me, inviting me to a group (I dunno how the heck he found me!)

:mad: *RAGE* :mad:

My alt is now my main :( Im thinking once he outlevels me he will go away.

Sounds like a few old girlfriends.

sorry to ruin ur fun but do remember that this person could be acting like this for a number of reasons...

it looks to me like he is in desperate need of contact from other persons. if this is the case then taunting him would not be very helpful and a bit cruel thing to do...

try to put ur self in his position. he probably only wanted contact. tho i agree that he drove it too far but is it rely hes fault? for all u know, both his parents could be dead and this is the only contact he know about...

most of the time, these type of players have issues RL that makes them like this. bullying him will not help in any way....

what he needs is good friends and as the OP have stated, there were a friend of him there at some point working as a translator between OP and this person.

Best thing u can do is to just leave him be and ignore him if u have to.

Now you're just making excuses for the guy, yes you're right for all we know he could have a terrible life with family memebers dead yadda yadda yadda. On the other hand, for all you know he could be some douchebag who just jumped to a conclussion and now is mad that he made himself look like a fool. Why should we automaticly assume that just because this guy is socially inept that its not his fault. OP I agree with the majority of the comments here, you need to raise a stink and open a CS ticket. There's no need to turn this into a gang war like some would suggest...although I must admit that does sound intriguing. But If there's one thing everyone should aggree on it's that you should not be the one punished for this guy's ******tery.

Now you're just making excuses for the guy, yes you're right for all we know he could have a terrible life with family memebers dead yadda yadda yadda. On the other hand, for all you know he could be some douchebag who just jumped to a conclussion and now is mad that he made himself look like a fool. Why should we automaticly assume that just because this guy is socially inept that its not his fault.

well i did not intend to imply that i stand up for this guy... only that being rude back is only to stoop to his level.

There's no need to turn this into a gang war like some would suggest...

Now that is sort of what i was trying to say :)

Haha i like this post..just taxi some where random and keep doing it..he could never know what point your going to..easy as that.. ;)

use that fleet pass..then use the quick traval to the white nove..then run back and fly back to your planet your quasts at..simple..and the planets are so big with know one in them..he will never agen find you ;P

oooh what if his reading all this..your dead!!! looool

Edited by mayjin

san since your on a pvp server an im assuming that the rp-pvp is the same as any pvp server so if he starts again just fight him but hopefully you wont get any more hassle from him or the morons going on about you been a guy on a female toon is wrong.

after all i got a 360 an i know alot of girls game online so what does that make them after all im pretty sure every avatar on cod is a guy same with battlefield an nearly every other game out there

Don't know if the OP is still about..hope so and hope they got the courage to report this to the Game Masters, ie Customer Support and hopefully they took care of it. It is essential to stand up to such abuse in Virtual and the Real World. You are here to enjoy your own experience, it is fun to share but it is your choce how. No means no.

May the Force be with you. Not all the tests will come from the Jedi. :) Or the Sith.