I knew 1.2 was going to kill this game.

Chaos_Distortion

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know if it ever reached the 1.7 million mark, for all we know it could all be a marketing ploy so that their playerbase doesn't worry. I really doubt they have the number of subs they claim to have when their server numbers have been steadily declining since release. I haven't seen one full server since release, so I'm inclined to believe Bioware/EA is lying..

They aren't lying, just shifting numbers. Asia release offset losses, free weekend invite, and 1.2 will sustain them for a bit more. They are tossing out carrots left and right, without admitting to losing subs.

Also tons of people that canceled probably had more than per month subscriptions, so they could possibly be counting them still as a "currently active" sub, even if they are gone (unsubbed)

Edited by Antipathize

I`m glad all my time spent in alpha and regular beta helped them soo much. I wondered why we never did any large scale pvp back then and its quite obvious now... the game engine is horrible.

They can balance all they want but all pvp is is 3 (soon to be 4) different warzones of 16 players max. (not to mention you have to re-group after every warzone still... and cant do 8mans)

Horrible and I love love star wars wanted this to be "THE" game.

This is a pve game with pvp added on horribly might I add and most the pve stuff (when I last played) was buggy as hell. Mind traps resetting encounter ect... Why should I pay 15dollars a month for a unfinished game? Wouldnt even play if this was free to play atm, its a mess.

Good Luck Bioware

I quess that Bioware has some information, numbers and stats that u guys don´t have access to, or d u really think that their goal is to build a angry mobb just for the fun of it?

Try it and see when the 1.2 is out!

I quess that Bioware has some information, numbers and stats that u guys don´t have access to, or d u really think that their goal is to build a angry mobb just for the fun of it?

Try it and see when the 1.2 is out!

They released an unfinished game, and that is entirely their fault. Having a patch with this much change is the semi-equivalent of swg releasing a Combat Upgrade, except instead of making the game accessible for 11 year olds, they are just hitting every class but marauder with the nerf bat, and releasing EXCITING NEW STUFF that should have been in since launch.

What they are doing is like re gifting a package they covered with doo doo and expecting people to be happy about it.

I like how people crymoar before they have even tested it. Did you ever think they made changes based on the fact that now you can mod pretty much any piece of equipment to what you want? People are going to have much higher stats, with translates to more dps and healing, some classes who rely on spike damage would end up being inSANE with the new stat changes.

Course people see their class being changed and their first reaction is to whine. The vocal minority are usually the ones on the forums instead of actually playing the game.

I like how people crymoar before they have even tested it. Did you ever think they made changes based on the fact that now you can mod pretty much any piece of equipment to what you want? People are going to have much higher stats, with translates to more dps and healing, some classes who rely on spike damage would end up being inSANE with the new stat changes.

Course people see their class being changed and their first reaction is to whine. The vocal minority are usually the ones on the forums instead of actually playing the game.

Ok what does 16 heat to kolto shell have to do with gear or halfing the heat reduction that healin scan gives rapid scan? Nogear level reduces heat and no stat either. If alcrrity did then ok but it doesnt.

Why r u ok with taking their word for it. Here is a solution post the data and then well talk.

Its lik plying pokr and someone says they win without ever showing u the cards. Its a company taking its customers for granted bud. The changes are one thing but not knowin why and not being able to test them properly is a much bigger isue.

They released an unfinished game, and that is entirely their fault. Having a patch with this much change is the semi-equivalent of swg releasing a Combat Upgrade, except instead of making the game accessible for 11 year olds, they are just hitting every class but marauder with the nerf bat, and releasing EXCITING NEW STUFF that should have been in since launch.

What they are doing is like re gifting a package they covered with doo doo and expecting people to be happy about it.

Name one MMO that was ever "finished" on release? This game was extremely well polished for launch. They also aren't nerfing Snipers so I have no clue what you are talking about.

The only real "unfair" part of it is that people invested so much time into one build and endgame gear set based off of what they have been, and now you should really get a AC respec token plus a endgame gear respec token when these classes are changed to the degree that they are likely to be changed to.

Again this is why you have a large open beta lasting a couple months to work these changes out.

They don't seem to read the forums... I mean; some of the things they changed were exactly what didn't need changing. Minor exceptions noted.

They do read the forums, they just realize that the forums are a very small and very vocal minority. The arguments and thoughts are taken into account, and then paired with actual data (something that is almost never used on the forums)

Name one MMO that was ever "finished" on release? This game was extremely well polished for launch. They also aren't nerfing Snipers so I have no clue what you are talking about.

They're giving snipers trauma!

Good to see that's the gift the pure-dps classes bring to the table :D

The only real "unfair" part of it is that people invested so much time into one build and endgame gear set based off of what they have been, and now you should really get a AC respec token plus a endgame gear respec token when these classes are changed to the degree that they are likely to be changed to.

Again this is why you have a large open beta lasting a couple months to work these changes out.

Anyone who builds an entire character just to use a specific build is silly. This is an mmo, there will always be class changes.

They're giving talent respecs for free and that's all that's needed.

More than you and anyone else on these forums. No company has done major class changes to completely gut classes, non. They have buffed other classes to be on par but never have I seen an MMO gut/nerf over half of the classes/specs in the game with no exchange to make up for the losses.. Even SOE waited a few years before doing massive class/game changes..

You didnt comprehend the patch notes nor test the changes so your ridiculous crying is worthless. Seriously if you can't even bother to read and understand the patch noted why should anyone care about your tear buckets?

Have you actually read the patch notes? Powertech Pyros are the hardest nerfed class in the history of TOR, if the patch changes go ahead.

LOL really? did u skip over the operative patch notes you fool they nerfed every ability in a dps operatives rotation and powertechs get a tiny little cooldown on 1 ability

Commando healers, juggernauts, operatives. every other class besides sent/mara - they all 1 button spamming, right? Ok. And, by the way, by "buttom" you meant "bottom" or "button"?

Yeah my juggie uses one button split into 30 buttons. What are you talking about.

"extremely well polished for launch"

Lets just take a look at that real quick...

No combat log

SOA HM/NM has been bugged since beta

No customizable ui

No guild banks

Class balance is a joke, and will always be a joke

Broken world pvp since start, LOL ILUM

Various warzone bugs (No credit for daily is STILL a problem)

Sniper cover is still bugged, "unknown errors" in battlegrounds.

I could go on for days, in a modern day MMO this **** should all have been in the game/fixed in beta.

The game was rushed, and you are a typical biodrone fanboy to think otherwise.

And they are nerfing snipers,

Lethality now increases critical change by 1% per point.

-that is a 3% reduction in crit for pretty much all snipers

Cull now costs 25 Energy (down from 30). The weapon damage component of this ability has been reduced by approximately 15%, but poison damage remains unchanged.

-15% reduction is pretty big when it is pretty much the only reason to go into lethality, even with the 5 energy reduction.

I wont, i dont play anymore.

Any good PvPer can see scope of 1.2 changes, and coupled with Ilum fiasco only logical conclusion: BW blew it and is totally clueless about PvP.

Lol what? The pvp changes in 1.2 are excellent. You have zero credibility.