1.2 Patch Notes for us!

Dracosz

My main issue is aoe threat which just got harder. yes yes i know people should only attack the target of the tank which my help with the target of my target feature but most aoes do so much dmg they pull off in a heartbeat why should my cd be increased?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replacing useless feats by other useless feats and nerfing main abilities...

They call that balance...

... Seriously I have spent last weeks getting stuff, mods and sophistications in order to enhance my smash damages ; watching it growing by some little percents day after day...

Just to see it nerfed back by a row 10% when the big wonderfull waited patch hits live servers...

hahahaha

Is the true purpose of this patch to keep players playing the game or making them /ragequit right now ? :mad:

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

hmmm, i thought they were going to sort out the Guardians/Juggernaut survivability issues to make them more playable, compared to ranged classes???

Cause i haven't seen anything about that yet and its SEVERELY needed and i really do refuse to spec into the tanking tree just because its *easier*, i think they need to fix a class before putting in more features for the class....just saying.

My main issue is aoe threat which just got harder. yes yes i know people should only attack the target of the tank which my help with the target of my target feature but most aoes do so much dmg they pull off in a heartbeat why should my cd be increased?

AE Threat just got harder? No, it didn't.

Yes, yes, people should only attack the tank's target? No, no, they shouldn't. If you are tanking correctly, you are switching targets...a lot. If you are relying solely on Smash/Sweeping to keep AE Threat, you are doing it wrong. Your statement here indicates that you are also one of the (many) bad dps players in the game. Kill order is weaks/strong stragglers>strongs>elites>champion/boss. Always. As the tank, your primary target (elites) should always be the last to die. Always.

They raised the CD on our AE Taunt? Yes, they did raise the CD on an ability we don't even really need in the first place, if you are tanking correctly. This is no big loss in PvE, and a debatable one in PvP.

ZeroSSJJ - my statements here might seem like an attack, but they are not intended to be one.

One thing that I am wondering right now, is whether or not the *new abilities* we are supposed to be getting are included in the patch notes. Yes, there are new abilities there, but I took that to mean new attacks, not CD's, conditions, or proc's.

Riôt

To me it looks like Rage might have not gotten much but Veng Juggs just got a huge buff. Saber throw will let us use shatter now, we can dump our excess rage (which we have a lot of) for a heal, and Vicious Throw is now 30% HP. Currently I can get like a 95% Crit chance on Vicious Throw and it can hit for over 5k.

Also people saying our DOT's in Veng didn't get a buff are missing the fact that tier 4 gear with new damage formula calculations could mean the DOTs become OK. We just don't know.

To me it looks like Rage might have not gotten much but Veng Juggs just got a huge buff. Saber throw will let us use shatter now, we can dump our excess rage (which we have a lot of) for a heal, and Vicious Throw is now 30% HP. Currently I can get like a 95% Crit chance on Vicious Throw and it can hit for over 5k.

Also people saying our DOT's in Veng didn't get a buff are missing the fact that tier 4 gear with new damage formula calculations could mean the DOTs become OK. We just don't know.

That heal will use more than just excess rage. It will leave you rage starved and cut into your dps. it's up to 14 rage for a rather small heal for the cost.

hmmm, i thought they were going to sort out the Guardians/Juggernaut survivability issues to make them more playable, compared to ranged classes???

Cause i haven't seen anything about that yet and its SEVERELY needed and i really do refuse to spec into the tanking tree just because its *easier*, i think they need to fix a class before putting in more features for the class....just saying.

They only way that works is if they've nerfed other classes even harder. :confused:

AE Threat just got harder? No, it didn't.

Yes, yes, people should only attack the tank's target? No, no, they shouldn't. If you are tanking correctly, you are switching targets...a lot. If you are relying solely on Smash/Sweeping to keep AE Threat, you are doing it wrong. Your statement here indicates that you are also one of the (many) bad dps players in the game. Kill order is weaks/strong stragglers>strongs>elites>champion/boss. Always. As the tank, your primary target (elites) should always be the last to die. Always.

They raised the CD on our AE Taunt? Yes, they did raise the CD on an ability we don't even really need in the first place, if you are tanking correctly. This is no big loss in PvE, and a debatable one in PvP.

Riôt

It will probably be harder for fresh 50s and under 50s without the gear to hold group threat, but I concur, its nothing that cant be worked around. I have PT tank and its AOE taunt is 45sec (albeit way way way better cause it is ranged). The AOE taunt is only ever useful once per pull I find anyway, about mid way when guys start dropping off aggro due to AOEs from the DPS and my taunt/stuns are on CD. I just figured that cause the PTs had the ranged advantage, ours was given the cooldown reduction to even it out. Now it is obvious that AOE tanking is best done by the PT, if it wasnt already. Bring on the challenge, Im getting bored in nightmare anyway :D

I'm baffled there isn't more of an uproar over the smash nerf. 3 seconds more up to 12 is 1/3 or 33% less damage we'll be doing on our only really good damage dealing skill. Now it's going to hit for 10% less too? One of you math guys wanna calculate a total percentage on how huge of a hit that is?

Amazingly the few nerf cries to the least powerful class in the game seem to have caught someone's ear, they can't possibly be justifying this on paper. If I had to guess the complaints came from the vocal healing crowd, hate to be able to kill someone with healing now.

Combined with the stun on leap, we're now a liability to our teams pvp effectiveness. Very sad day to be a Jug.

I'm baffled there isn't more of an uproar over the smash nerf. 3 seconds more up to 12 is 1/3 or 33% less damage we'll be doing on our only really good damage dealing skill. Now it's going to hit for 10% less too? One of you math guys wanna calculate a total percentage on how huge of a hit that is?

Amazingly the few nerf cries to the least powerful class in the game seem to have caught someone's ear, they can't possibly be justifying this on paper. If I had to guess the complaints came from the vocal healing crowd, hate to be able to kill someone with healing now.

Combined with the stun on leap, we're now a liability to our teams pvp effectiveness. Very sad day to be a Jug.

indeed.. a bad day for juggernauts

Here are my updated thoughts after looking at the talents on the test server (my friend has the client now).

Vengeance PvP is effectively dead with the decimate move, you lose out on far too much. Maybe if ravager were moved to vengeance the change would be fine, but as is we don't have the talents we need to keep everything knit together like we did in this patch

Rage is strong, contrary to what people are saying the cd on smash and crush are the same as before because decimate lowers the cd on smash enough as well and crush's cd got lowered to 18 seconds by default. Rage also has access to really easy to set up builds now (I'm looking at 2/7/32 or 4/3/34).

The on demand shockwave ticks make up for the longer cd on choke.

The new CD isn't as shiny as I thought, it's a constant drain on resources. As vengeance it's not bad though because the damage reduction is pretty hefty. Almost makes up for that 4% damage reduction loss...

DONT TRAIN CRASH.

Can we confirm it is trainable. I thought passives were auto learned with the excepting of the adv class? I saw in PTR thread started about it that someone said they were playing on PTR and they did not have to train it, that it was auto learned.

If anyone knows for sure that would be great and save me the time of grinding to lvl 10 on the PTR, thanks :D

For PvP:

Immortal wasn't changed because it was already an awesome spec for awesome people.

Vengeance makes slightly more sense, I still wouldn't recommend it.

Rage was made so drooling toddlers could play the build. Any form of intensive rage management was done away with the vicious slash buff, making this the easiest spec to pull insane damage in. Get ready to see this spec occupied by the worst players.

Also I am really happy with the Vengeance Defense changes, not because it was game breaking, but because I was sick and tired of reading terrible tanking build threads which seemed to pop up every day. Thankyou Bioware for axing this terrible playstyle.

Edited by Schwarzwald

sadly yeah... i don't understand why people are whining about the stun on charge(it's a problem ok, but not as this) and not this...

the big nerf is the 3 sec cd... on smash AND scream. the minus 10% i can live with, ffs i can live with a 20% nerf (my max atm is 7119 and was a bit too much... followed by a 4500 of scream was too much...) but don't touch the cd...

sure they give us a new way to build shockwave (enrage now give shockwave if talented) but on the long terms this 3 sec will lower our dmg. and ofc force choke in not 47 sec cd anymore, it will be 60... another nerf for building shockwave... bah

when i play in soresu (meaning 12 sec smash) i already feel the long cd... after 1.2 will always be like that...

Edited by Boroming

Actually, I don't care much about those nerfs to our damage. What I'm not happy about is that we are still the least survivable dps class in the game. Look at the defensive cd's of other classes. Now look at what we got. A cd that only works if you have a healer or a medpack and a 25% damage reduction(and it has a freaking 3 minute cd) to the most abundant and strongest damage type in pvp. And no, adding a defensive cd that heals you for a little hp that costs rage everytime you get hit isn't the answer. Seriously, why can't we get at least 20% damage reduction cd when all the other dps classes has the same/larger hp with much better defensive cd than us? Edited by Rumplea

Actually, I don't care much about those nerfs to our damage. What I'm not happy about is that we are still the least survivable dps class in the game. Look at the defensive cd's of other classes. Now look at what we got. A cd that only works if you have a healer or a medpack and a 25% damage reduction(and it has a freaking 3 minute cd) to the most abundant and strongest damage type in pvp. And no, adding a defensive cd that heals you for a little hp that costs rage everytime you get hit isn't the answer. Seriously, why can't we get at least 20% damage reduction cd when all the other dps classes has the same/larger hp with much better defensive cd than us?

The nerfs to DPS wouldn't have been so bad if they'd left Rage gen alone and added genuine surviability or better utility (such as Force Pull).

But unfortunately they didn't. :confused:

As a pure tank Immortality tank this thing still blows,

1 thing should be changed and i would be happy. Lower the cooldowns on our taunts "ohh its not even a taunt"

in regards of dps. well as a tank you should not do dps. only have agro, as a Dps you should have dps, but no agro.

How hard can that be to fix

did you read any of the changes?

For PvP:

Immortal wasn't changed because it was already an awesome spec for awesome people.

Vengeance makes slightly more sense, I still wouldn't recommend it.

Rage was made so drooling toddlers could play the build. Any form of intensive rage management was done away with the vicious slash buff, making this the easiest spec to pull insane damage in. Get ready to see this spec occupied by the worst players.

Also I am really happy with the Vengeance Defense changes, not because it was game breaking, but because I was sick and tired of reading terrible tanking build threads which seemed to pop up every day. Thankyou Bioware for axing this terrible playstyle.

lol like Immortal is so hard to play. The whole spec is a joke and play so slow a moron could play it while keyboardturning.

sadly yeah... i don't understand why people are whining about the stun on charge(it's a problem ok, but not as this) and not this...

the big nerf is the 3 sec cd... on smash AND scream. the minus 10% i can live with, ffs i can live with a 20% nerf (my max atm is 7119 and was a bit too much... followed by a 4500 of scream was too much...) but don't touch the cd...

sure they give us a new way to build shockwave (enrage now give shockwave if talented) but on the long terms this 3 sec will lower our dmg. and ofc force choke in not 47 sec cd anymore, it will be 60... another nerf for building shockwave... bah

when i play in soresu (meaning 12 sec smash) i already feel the long cd... after 1.2 will always be like that...

Obviously you didn't understand the issue here...

People complaining about the crash passive are people thinking about rated pvp and organized gameplay.

People (like you) whining about 3 more sec on smash are people who play rage spec. Nobody cares about rage spec as it's a dumb spec designed only to allow mentally challenged players to play sith warrior.

I'm not blaming you for playing it, and in fact I love rage spec and the diversity it gives to the game. One of the core aspect of our society is tolerance and I respect that!

But dude let's be clear for 2 sec : nobody serious about pvping in this game cares about rage.

The point of the discussion is : crash is a nerf and people want to know if Bioware did this nerf on purpose or if they meant to buff the class, in which case it's important to report them the flaws in their thinking.