1.2 Patch Notes for us!

Dracosz

I don't know why some people get so upset about the changes, I see no nerfs what so ever. Maybe that we no longer get a CD reduction on Smash with the Decimate talent.

BUT, the trees are far more hybrid-spec friendly with all these changes.

Tbh i think we will see an overall dps increase, at-least for PvE juggernauts anyway.

But hey this is what I think, you might have a different point of view.

Big DPS nerf to Rage spec with all the increase in CDs with the changes, the other buffs can't really make up for that loss IMO.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rage is strong, contrary to what people are saying the cd on smash and crush are the same as before because decimate lowers the cd on smash enough as well and crush's cd got lowered to 18 seconds by default. Rage also has access to really easy to set up builds now (I'm looking at 2/7/32 or 4/3/34).

The on demand shockwave ticks make up for the longer cd on choke.

The new CD isn't as shiny as I thought, it's a constant drain on resources. As vengeance it's not bad though because the damage reduction is pretty hefty. Almost makes up for that 4% damage reduction loss...

DONT TRAIN CRASH.

So Smash still has specced 9 second CD? If so then rage is maybe just buffed over all.

Edited by Goretzu

So Smash still has specced 9 second CD? If so then rage is maybe just buffed over all.

No. It's 12 seconds if you spec 3 points into Decimate. The other cooldown reduction in the rage tree is gone. Now force crush passively has that cooldown incorporated into it, but not Smash.

Decimate is only two points for 20% smash damage increase, so its a reduction of 10% smash damage right there.

Here comes the Huge nerf. They can change whatever they want, if they lower smash damages, this patch is nothing more than a nerf with some useless workarounds here and there. This patch sucks.

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

These changes show a singular focus on PvP and no concern whatsoever for boosting Juggernaut PvE tanks.

No PvE survivability improvements whatsoever. No additional AE hate gain. No in-combat movement speed advantages. No force-pull abilities. Hell, even the mini-heal buff we're getting will only work in PvP, given that it procs threat reduction every time we spend Rage.

And what, pray tell, is up with increasing the cost of Quake, a talent which is already vastly inferior to the Bounty Hunter/Trooper equivalent?

Quite frankly, I'd much rather keep my class the way it is and not have to deal with my absolutely essential Threatening Scream being nerfed to 45 sec reuse instead of the current 30 sec due to the change to Thrown Gauntlet. That has got to be the biggest nerf to this class yet, and right where it hurts the most: PvE AE aggro management.

These changes show a singular focus on PvP and no concern whatsoever for boosting Juggernaut PvE tanks.

No PvE survivability improvements whatsoever. No additional AE hate gain. No in-combat movement speed advantages. No force-pull abilities. Hell, even the mini-heal buff we're getting will only work in PvP, given that it procs threat reduction every time we spend Rage.

And what, pray tell, is up with increasing the cost of Quake, a talent which is already vastly inferior to the Bounty Hunter/Trooper equivalent?

Quite frankly, I'd much rather keep my class the way it is and not have to deal with my absolutely essential Threatening Scream being nerfed to 45 sec reuse instead of the current 30 sec due to the change to Thrown Gauntlet. That has got to be the biggest nerf to this class yet, and right where it hurts the most: PvE AE aggro management.

i don't see the aoe as such a big deal. Sweeping assault damage was buffed. Aoe control really isn't as big a deal in this game as others.

The changes to defensive stat ratings are really to our benefit, so far, as the increased defense rating cost improves the value of our percentage defense increase talents.

Not happy.

Share the overall sentiments of the rest of you.

Looks to me like Spec Rage or ****.

Disapointed

Eh, I don't think you're getting the full extent of this nerf. Rage has been significantly nerfed, especially for jugs (Marauder rage builds got a boost, but probably still not as good as an annihilation spec).

agreed... dont know why every1 is saying oh look we got buffed when we clearly recieved a nerf.... for both pve and pvp as a rage suck waiting 3 more seconds for a smash just *********** blows... not to mention force scream

This doesn't fix the fact that my light saber hits like a little ***** compared to range weapons!

If you're going to change the specs throw in some damage buff sprinkles to we have on par burst/damage potential as those that can stand back and pick us off across the battlefield!

This is a step in the right direction, especially for Rage Juggs... but if these are just about final patch notes as far as class changes, I'm not impressed.

This doesn't fix the fact that my light saber hits like a little ***** compared to range weapons!

If you're going to change the specs throw in some damage buff sprinkles to we have on par burst/damage potential as those that can stand back and pick us off across the battlefield!

This is a step in the right direction, especially for Rage Juggs... but if these are just about final patch notes as far as class changes, I'm not impressed.

You're clueless (at least vis a vis pvp). Ranged classes are in even worse shape. Rage Jugs got nerfed. The only class that appears to have come out of 1.2 unscathed is marauder, assassin and possibly operative (with the buffs to Ops healing).

Edited by blackdots

You're clueless (at least vis a vis pvp). Ranged classes are in even worse shape. Rage Jugs got nerfed. The only class that appears to have come out of 1.2 unscathed is marauder, assassin and possibly operative (with the buffs to Ops healing).

Until we get DPS meters up and running I can't really argue with you one way another about that. As of right now no matter what anyone says all this stuff is pure speculation and theory crafting, and not really good theorycrafting either.

Until we get DPS meters up and running I can't really argue with you one way another about that. As of right now no matter what anyone says all this stuff is pure speculation and theory crafting, and not really good theorycrafting either.

Eh, we don't need DPS meters to know that a 3 second increase in the cooldown times for the rage Jug's best and 3rd best damage ability, combined with a direct 10% reduction to the damage of the rage Jug's best damage ability, constitutes a nerf.

Eh, we don't need DPS meters to know that a 3 second increase in the cooldown times for the rage Jug's best and 3rd best damage ability, combined with a direct 10% reduction to the damage of the rage Jug's best damage ability, constitutes a nerf.

3sec increase is smash only. Force crush baseline cooldown was reduced.

3sec increase is smash only. Force crush baseline cooldown was reduced.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to force scream ... anyone who has played rage spec in a PvE environment can tell you this easily : it is a nerf for rage spec.

Replacing those 3s CD reduction by another useless skill that boost slash is the dumbest idea I've ever seen ... we all wanted them to remove brutality not to give us another skill to boost our rage dumber that we used to use every 30s (now we will probably have to use it more because of the CD nerf).

Funny thing is, it is the only change they did that I don't understand. 10% less damage on smash is a nerf but well smash was a bit too good.

To the one saying that hybrid has been buffed I would say wait and see ... offensive hybrid used to use those 3s CD reduction too on smash and force scream.

The long wait is finally over!

I've been immortal specced since lvling 2 jugs to 50 in beta.

After waiting this long to see the crap changes to immortal, all I have to say is this!

"Thank god Tera is coming soon!"

I love how they say the changes they are making come from listening to the community.

Laugh, are they looking on the jug forums?

No AoE threat boost whatsoever (a nerf really to our aoe taunt)

A lot of people say the damage is weak, I just want more threat. Increase radius of smash to fall in line with that of assassins and powertechs. They get 8 meters we get 5...

Tried to love this game, but obviously the diminishing numbers on the servers are not catching Biowares attention...

Call it QQ or whatever you like, but i was one of the few people defending this class and stating bioware would fix them....Guess I was wrong..

Edited by Inasogard

Just got to play around with vengeance talents. If the gain from rampage with regard to rage gain is good, then we'll be able to spec into vengeance as 4/34/3 for PvP. The loss of a free chilling scream sucks, but may be slightly offset by the more predictable rage gain from rampage.

Just got to play around with vengeance talents. If the gain from rampage with regard to rage gain is good, then we'll be able to spec into vengeance as 4/34/3 for PvP. The loss of a free chilling scream sucks, but may be slightly offset by the more predictable rage gain from rampage.

really doubt it will offset the loss of chilling scream. Already had no issues with rage as vengeance.