Single Player Raiding Endgame

In all fairness, this is a MMO ... can't stress this enough.

However, I would see no damage in making 2-3 one man instances for you and one companion.

What should the loot be? Maybe Tionese Crystals and a daily, so you can get 1 Columi token per day. No set pieces, but a meaningful amount of crafting resources or crafting missions for your current skills.

This would yet enhance the crafting system, make it more fun, and wouldn't take progression away from where it should be: In raids.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see all these people pointing out Massively Multi-Player etc etc, when 95% of the content is single player, you have to eventually realize that the multiplayer is an only an available option. Though at the end it's a requirement. It shouldn't be, it should remain an option. They could setup SP FP's, that have just as difficult fights for the single player experience, mechanics would have to be designated a little bit differently due to restrictions on class abilities, but It would be a great available option. Trying to do HM FP's, when you are on at off peak hours is more of a chore than it is fun, especially when you consider how "easy" it is to get a group together. It could definately be used to gear up to get to the end game raiding, or a substitute.

Not everyone has 2 or 3 hours at a time to put aside for these operations, especially when it means also getting 7 or 15 other people together to complete the content, so basically those people who are unable to do this content should miss out on it?... to me, that sounds kinda selfish.

There are a lot of great options available due to having companions that just need to be explored more.

Those people saying this is an MMO, need to come back to reality, just because it says multiplayer, doesn't mean you should be REQUIRED to utilize the multiplayer, many people prefer these types of games, because the content gets refreshed, and updated the world changes etc. these are all things that you don't get to experience in a game like skyrim, unless you want to wait for someone to make a mod, or DLC etc.

I see all these people pointing out Massively Multi-Player etc etc, when 95% of the content is single player, you have to eventually realize that the multiplayer is an only an available option. Though at the end it's a requirement. It shouldn't be, it should remain an option. They could setup SP FP's, that have just as difficult fights for the single player experience, mechanics would have to be designated a little bit differently due to restrictions on class abilities, but It would be a great available option. Trying to do HM FP's, when you are on at off peak hours is more of a chore than it is fun, especially when you consider how "easy" it is to get a group together. It could definately be used to gear up to get to the end game raiding, or a substitute.

Not everyone has 2 or 3 hours at a time to put aside for these operations, especially when it means also getting 7 or 15 other people together to complete the content, so basically those people who are unable to do this content should miss out on it?... to me, that sounds kinda selfish.

There are a lot of great options available due to having companions that just need to be explored more.

Those people saying this is an MMO, need to come back to reality, just because it says multiplayer, doesn't mean you should be REQUIRED to utilize the multiplayer, many people prefer these types of games, because the content gets refreshed, and updated the world changes etc. these are all things that you don't get to experience in a game like skyrim, unless you want to wait for someone to make a mod, or DLC etc.

Do we tell you how to do your roleplaying? NO? Then leave our endgame alone... MMO means raiding .. MEANS MULTIPLAYER .. MEANS GROUPING UP TO COMPLETE CONTENT... You need to start using ur brain instead of asking stupid stuff.

If you dont have the time to raid then dont RAID. Its like i dont have the time to watch a 2 hour movie so lets shorten it to 30 mins. Sounds stupid? it is.

Its YOU not the game who is responsible ... YOUR lack in grouping skills... YOUR lack of awareness.

Theres a link to a site with thousands of mods for skyrim so please dont tell me you play an mmo because the content gets refreshed.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

Do we tell you how to do your roleplaying? NO? Then leave our endgame alone... MMO means raiding .. MEANS MULTIPLAYER .. MEANS GROUPING UP TO COMPLETE CONTENT... You need to start using ur brain instead of asking stupid stuff.

If you dont have the time to raid then dont RAID. Its like i dont have the time to watch a 2 hour movie so lets shorten it to 30 mins. Sounds stupid? it is.

Its YOU not the game who is responsible ... YOUR lack in grouping skills... YOUR lack of awareness.

Theres a link to a site with thousands of mods for skyrim so please dont tell me you play an mmo because the content gets refreshed.

WOW,.. Thats a pretty pathetic and typical reply, stay out of our endgame go play something else, dude, get over yourself. I have completed EV HM 8 and 16man, KP HM 8man, started on NiM runs. I'm simply talking from the aspect that you can't, I see good reason to have Single player content. They started to include some with the space missions, which is great. But there isn't enough. Now just because you feel like there should be nothing but running operations at 50, doesn't mean thats how it needs to be. Get some vision, look for other possibilities. Your not going to hurt anyone by giving them a challenge. But by limiting the # of challenges your hurting everyone.

I'm sorry I'm willing to consider a wider group of players then you are. I see a lot more possibilities, for what endgame can include, especially with the incoming legacy system. do yourself and everybody else a favor, stop being so narrow minded about the possibilities to be had within the game.

This game dosent need more easier access to solo content its hard enough to get groups as it is, NO and i mean NO more incentive to solo content should be introduced.

Are you an non social player who want to grind alone i suggest Skyrim, other then that get the concept of a MMO and incentives to interact.

This game dosent need more easier access to solo content its hard enough to get groups as it is, NO and i mean NO more incentive to solo content should be introduced.

Are you an non social player who want to grind alone i suggest Skyrim, other then that get the concept of a MMO and incentives to interact.

Well what about other options.. Once you have done your KP/EV/HM's there is nothing left to do but logoff and go to something else.. again adding more content, adding more things to do within game.. doesn't hurt anyone, it's just a poor view that there shouldn't be anything but what the people who run operations want. Once again I do run ops, am almost full rakata now, but I see so many possibilities for other things that could be included.

wow,.. Thats a pretty pathetic and typical reply, stay out of our endgame go play something else, dude, get over yourself. I have completed ev hm 8 and 16man, kp hm 8man, started on nim runs. I'm simply talking from the aspect that you can't, i see good reason to have single player content. They started to include some with the space missions, which is great. But there isn't enough. Now just because you feel like there should be nothing but running operations at 50, doesn't mean thats how it needs to be. Get some vision, look for other possibilities. Your not going to hurt anyone by giving them a challenge. But by limiting the # of challenges your hurting everyone.

I'm sorry i'm willing to consider a wider group of players then you are. I see a lot more possibilities, for what endgame can include, especially with the incoming legacy system. Do yourself and everybody else a favor, stop being so narrow minded about the possibilities to be had within the game.

hello we are talking about single player rading endgame here.

Ignore the haters. I have been asking for this for years. Nothing wrong with having raiding as a possible method of endgame character progression, just don't have it be the only PvE method.

ummm if you want to kill a game then yes do that...

why raid with others when you can do it yourself? especially if the loot is on par with group raids, this will become a single player game with a chat...that's it

rofl, this is a reason I would choose a single player FP any day rather than to be grouped with this type of person, whom has invaded the MMORPG community like a wave of Zergs.

I'm fine with my guild, but I do use alts for some time for myself, would be interesting.

rofl, this is a reason I would choose a single player FP any day rather than to be grouped with this type of person, whom has invaded the MMORPG community like a wave of Zergs.

I'm fine with my guild, but I do use alts for some time for myself, would be interesting.

Yeah i dont wanna be in a group with ppl like U either, because it would be a waste of my time.

This is the basic issue. As a decision, it is dangerous enough to incentivise alts running single player content with the legacy system because it pulls away people from your "addictive" multiplayer content like PVP and end game raiding. While I don't mind people playing solo, I can't see Bioware making a business decision to allow for more isolation - they want you to be part of the community because that is the best way to keep people coming back month after month.

Ignore the haters. I have been asking for this for years. Nothing wrong with having raiding as a possible method of endgame character progression, just don't have it be the only PvE method.

I'm not saying that having chllanges for single player is bad, but I would say just do dailies. Until things get outleveled then more classes can run things that used to be hard in a group solo granted usually depends on the class. But the best pve gear will almost always require a raid. I mean things like ear, implant type drops imho should come from things like hm's, but atm with all the endgame gear being sets there isn't much reason to run hm's aside from speeding up columni pieces, but with that if you are in a raiding guild these come quick just doing normals.

If you scaled the rewards down by 1 tier to prevent the elite raiders from "omg qq i worked harder for my loot" I wouldn't see an issue with it. Or you could just do a token in a single player raid that would require 4 of to get 1 piece of loot.

because in an 8 player raid each boss drops 2 pieces of tier loot in a single player "raid" you would have to have 4 tokens to get 1 piece of loot. so 4 solo glove tokens = 1 glove.

I don't see a problem with this. If it shared a lockout with the multiplayer raids there wouldn't be an imbalance imo.

I would still likely raid with my group of 8 people, 16 man's were too bulky 8's feel fun and we enjoy them why can't people do 4's and 1's if they want to. No skin off my back doesn't change my level of fun.

I would add that giving them titles for the raid achievements wouldn't be fair to the "omg i work harder i'm hardcore raider qq" so just don't let them get the titles.

but make it super hard to balance the fact that they aren't having to get 7 other people to not be stupid to beat the encounters, in other words reduce the allowable failure rate to an extent that challenges that one person.

I know i've been soloing the heroic 2 on ilum on my shadow tank and it is challenging but not impossible that would be a fair level of difficulty i think for a solo op.

I would also like to point out that anyone who is playing the game and watching what other people are doing to determine whether they are having fun is doing it wrong.

who cares whats happening with other people, just do what you enjoy.

Nobody forces you to raid. LOOT GAIN THROUGH SINGLEPLAYER = FAIL. Think about what ur asking for... switch the little thing behind your head to on. Nobody would actually group up anymore because theres no need for it. Singleplayer so much easier... Raids would totally fail because you cant implement mechanics... except useless ones because everything except healers gonna die. I dont know what u guys understand in raids (ops) but its far away from singleplayer.

Ehrm... do you know how to read? Check my post again. I am not asking for any single player end game at all. But true you are the exact type of person I was talking about so I understand that it felt bad to be singled out as one of the hostile caps persons. I wonder why anyone would think that about you... I do not care about the subject at all. I just think people like you are rude and a waste of space in the world. The poster wanted something which in itself is possible and exists in some MMOs and there is no reason for you or anyone else to flame him for wondering if not this MMO could have it as well.

For all Solo players you will get the following.

* More solo quest

* More Daily Quest

* Some Quest that will make you go attack a building with mobs in it were it plays like a Flashpoint

* The Legacy System

* Solo Gear (Blue and Greens maybe they will throw Presence on the gear to make your companion stronger)

What you will not get

* Solo end game Raids

* Solo end game Flashpoints

* the same gear from raids or flashpoints without grouping

BW already said there will be no solo content that will give you equal or better gear then people who do group content. However you will get content.

BW already said there will be no solo content that will give you equal or better gear then people who do group content. However you will get content.

Actually...If Bioware delivers on the new crafting, solo players could theoretically get themselves the best gear without stepping foot in group content. They likely will still need to make use of other players for schematics and crafting materials, though. So they are capable of getting better than or equal gear to those doing group content. I just expect they'll pay considerabley for the schematics/materials.

Well your totally WRONG. You knew that ur buying an mmo.. yes there should be gap called RAID progression. You want more tionese gear and take more time away from developing real raids... gosh.

Was there ever a problem with raiding? I DONT THINK SO. Its just people lack in grouping skills. Not my problem, Not biowares problem. Thats YOURS.

Small frame thinking of some people here is funny. They lose a lot subscriptions if they would allow singleplayer ppl to actually achieve something in a mmo (massive MULTIPLAYER u know the rest).

What your asking for is like buying a car with 2 seats and then complaining that theres no space for 4 ppl ._.

I don't care what you do at endgame...You don't care what I do...The diffrence is I am not out screaming that you should not be able to do 8/16 raid at endgame....

What one does, has little to no effect on the other...but each benefit by thier being content provided for both playstyles.

Edited by Notannos
rude

Actually...If Bioware delivers on the new crafting, solo players could theoretically get themselves the best gear without stepping foot in group content. They likely will still need to make use of other players for schematics and crafting materials, though. So they are capable of getting better than or equal gear to those doing group content. I just expect they'll pay considerabley for the schematics/materials.

Yea they will put some gear into the game that will equal some group content but not enough to be fully equivalent to someone who raids hard modes Ops or even Hard Mode Flashpoints. Yea it might equal story line Ops but who cares because they are making Normal mode Ops a snooze soon.

I've seen too much attitude in here to not wonder why this person, and others as well, would like to solo content and to keep away from so many haters.

I hope that your guilds like you, because you are atrocious.

For all Solo players you will get the following.

* More solo quest

* More Daily Quest

* Some Quest that will make you go attack a building with mobs in it were it plays like a Flashpoint

* The Legacy System

* Solo Gear (Blue and Greens maybe they will throw Presence on the gear to make your companion stronger)

What you will not get

* Solo end game Raids

* Solo end game Flashpoints

* the same gear from raids or flashpoints without grouping

For leetist FP/OP you will get level 49 greens to use in your groups to show your awesomeness.

Yikes dude, you have some serious social issues....

I don't care what you do at endgame...You don't care what I do...The diffrence is I am not out screaming that you should not be able to do 8/16 raid at endgame....

What one does, has little to no effect on the other...but each benefit by thier being content provided for both playstyles.

grow up....

Adding end game gear that is attainable solo = raiding is not good for any multiplayer game. You dont see it because you wants your shiny's but it is bad period

Bioware and just about every MMO developer disagrees with you. Comming on the forums and posting these threads for years, is not going to change that. The reasons are obvious to anyone who understands the design of a multiplayer game. Especially a subscriptioned based MMO. It has been pointed out to you in everyone of your threads, so please just drop it.

Edited by Notannos
rude

I would love for all the group/raid content in the game to be able to be completed by a small group or solo. I don't care about the loot, I would like it for more of the story side of things AND getting to see all the zones ;D.

I would like more solo content for the simple fact that there is a serious lack of people on my server even though it was heavily populated at launch.

I mean a SERIOUS lack of people. Corellia at 6PM:ish had three people including myself online. Can't even do Heroics.

This is an MMO people Massive Multiplayer Game. if you want group content which RAIDING is group content you are playing the wrong game. A Single Player game is for you. If you want solo content that will be your Legacy system which is all solo content. No Raiding involved.

MMO = Massive Mutliplayer game - YOU ARE TO GROUP FOR END GAME CONTENT End of Story. Also Played by people who want to play with other people.

Mutliplayer Game - Xbox, or Lobby type of game normally played with a friend or two. Not normally played for group content.

Single Player Game - Played Solo never have to group for end game content.

If you want end game content without playing with other people I suggest you go play a Mutiplayer game like Diablo or a single player game like Skyrim. Seriously MMOs are made for end game group content and raiding. Go a head and point out the Realm or UO if you want that are 15+ year old games that started MMOs that really didnt have a vision or understanding about what an MMO could be. 15+ year old games are not 2012 games. Games that are an Epic Fail that had to go Free To Play because no one wanted to play also do not count. And if you want to count that other game look how the game has diminished since they did a Cross Server LFD tool which removed the social aspect of the game. Before X Server LFD 6 - 7.5 Million Subscriptions in the US. Today 2.5 Million.

Go a head call me a troll flame me. I am right. Who is their right mind would pay a monthly subscription for Grouped content to be handed to you because you do not want to play in a group. Seriously If you want to play a game SOLO the entire time never want to group Save yourself Money. Buy Skyrim for $50 you get the entire game and there are updates for it coming all the time from what friends who play it say. And at the end of the year you spent $50 on solo content instead of $180.

Sorry but that is just nuts paying $180 to play a game that is meant for multiple players to play just to play SOLO.