Am I playing a dead MMO?

zackinthebox

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got a level 50, 45, 32 and the rest of my eight are level 16-20 and I have never been in a group for a heroic quest or a flashpoint... Simply because I can't find anybody to group with and all my pleas in general chat fall on death ears... I love the class story's but its getting pretty tedious being 2 levels under my quests and forced to pvp to fill in the gaps. I hope this game isn't dead and you developers put in some serious effort to migrate and bring people into groups (I have a feeling that your LFG tool in the works won't work for me on my seemingly dead server) because I won't be playing an MMO with no social aspect for too long.

This is NOT meant to be a personal attack; but if you're playing 2 levels under your class quests, then you should learn how to play the game. I went the whole way through with at least 2 levels above the required quests. The only way I can see you being 2 levels lower than your class quests is if you do ONLY your class quests, which is what I had to do starting in my late 30s and early 40s because all of my quests were turning grey before I finished the planet. With all of your "experience" with a 50, 45, and 32, I would have hoped you'd learn how to quest.

Bottomline: it's not the developers' fault if you can't level properly in this game. The developers have put in daily heroics, so if you can't even get in on those, then maybe there are other issues that you haven't considered.

Respectfully.

Edited by Darth_Nihilst

The mmo is not dead, there is just to many servers, which spilt to population thin on about half of them. This has been discussed numerous times thoh as someone else posted!

too many servers + too many zones + no faction wide chat or LFG mechanism of some kind. Very fractured community, heaven help you if play repub and try to navigate those limitations.

36 Republic players on my fleet on a Saturday afternoon.

Last month we were seeing daily 120+ at any given moment.

People don't subscribe for daily missions.

People don't subscribe for Lockout End Game or Crap PVP either....

The game has no Economy or Social community, mainly because there are no Tools/Classes or Events to do anything in...

There is only so much End Game a person can do, and when that's all there is to do, it becomes a bit tedious...

Ive said it before in many other threads but an MMO simply can not survive any longer on themepark alone....It has to have sand-box element's otherwise it's no different to the 20 other MMO's on the market today....

They are failing, the genre is failing and Developer's do not seem to get a grasp on why...

People don't subscribe for Lockout End Game or Crap PVP either....

The game has no Economy or Social community, mainly because there are no Tools/Classes or Events to do anything in...

There is only so much End Game a person can do, and when that's all there is to do, it becomes a bit tedious...

Ive said it before in many other threads but an MMO simply can not survive any longer on themepark alone....It has to have sand-box element's otherwise it's no different to the 20 other MMO's on the market today....

They are failing, the genre is failing and Developer's do not seem to get a grasp on why...

This is a prime example of what is really wrong

some people expect these games to offer them something to do always , something to ALWAYS occupy their time

In essence , these people want a game to give their life direction.

Game is fine, you are the problem

some people expect these games to offer them something to do always , something to ALWAYS occupy their time

Delusional..

While I partially agree with you, there is a population problem.

100% truth right there.

While I partially agree with you, there is a population problem.

peronally i dont see it, likely because my server.

Dont know what to say to those who suggest there is a problem in this regard.

i wouldnt see it as a bad thing if they did consolidate low population servers.

Consider though BW's responsiblity if the game continues to grow as it appears to be doing.

Should they then reopen those closed servers? Could be a difficult thing to manage..

idk, sorry your having trouble finding groups.

Well, they do have clever tricks to keep ppl paying. For instance you can only buy TWO months timecards, they probably call those subscribers. I missed my unsub by 1 day, so now i'm stuck for another month eventhough i don't wanna play.

I login few times a week cause I'm bored, then I logout after few hours cause the game is boring.

They already launched campaigns to give out free trials to friends, and collectors edition can be bought for a fraction of what it could not long ago.. game is only 4 months old lol.

Kinda early to give out free trials? I thought real subscribers were flooding in.

How to not find a group:

Spamming general.

How to find a group:

Flag your LFG and quest somewhere else until someone notices or asks in general.

Or go to /who and search for the class you need and level range, and whisper every player available. I get 95% of all players this way. I PUG HMs and Ops this way, and its yet to fail.

Fact is, most people simply filter out general (because of spam). You can spam general for half an hour, and then whisper a player whos been standing next to you the whole time if he wants to group, and he will probably say yes.

Is the game dead? Well, theres been a couple times at 3am on a tuesday that I will have a group of 7 players ready for EV but I've spoken to literally every level 50 vanguard, shadow, and guardian to tank for us and not one reply.

Does that mean the game is dead?

Maybe. It more than likely means I shouldnt be looking for a tank at 3am on a tuesday.