Why people who are high rated should get better gear: Everyone will be happy!

kristoberg

That is not the translation no.

This guy wants to be rewarded for his efforts. You don't do stuff without a purpose, and it seems purposeless to get high rating just for the bragging right.

You people immediately assume that he wants better gear so he can bash others easily. How ever that is often not the case. When you fight so hard to get a certain rating or w/e you'd like to get a reward for it, and I dont even care if its like ''new look and + 1 willpower'' you just want a damn reward so it isnt so pointless.

This is the for ever ungoing discussion between players who play to compete vs players who cry and whine because they are not entitled to the same rewards for no effort.

Please wake up. MMO WILL NEVER reward your casual behind. How would you like Operations to not drop gear.

MMO is all about grind, effort, time & reward - this model will not change just because you are a miserable human who doesnt understand basic logic as work=money, no work = no money.

Take a step back, and actually listen to what you are asking for, and dont give me these retarded arguments like I PAY MONEY TOOOOO. You people disgust me

Learn from this man guys. An actual grownup replied to my thread. This should be you all in 12 years.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? I am probably the best player on my server, where I turn around hutball/voidstar matches as soon as I join them if my team is the underdog. Everyone on the server looks up to me, and me participating (I have full BM), should reward me in other ways because I am helping others.

Then there is you for example, who is probably less skilled than me and has worse gear than me, why should you get the same gear I get carrying you in warzones? If there were only 8 of you in one team you would never get done the dailies you needed, if it wasn't for people like me. Better players deserve better gear.

pretty sure he is trolling

Unfortunately OP most player of this game are either casual or PvE players , from these just a very small % will get anywhere when the pvp gear is given based on skill AND they know that.

They know they suck , only point i give to them ,does prove they have a brain.

Thus the reason the masses cried till a gear that requires NO TIME and NO SKILL to get came.

I dont think it is gonna change.

Someone cited Counter-strike / Starcraft as examples of competitive PVP and they are 'dead on' with that reference. In competitive PVP -- and professional competitive PVP -- the players have equal items.

With an MMO. I do enjoy putting time into crafting to produce a purple schematic once that schematic is learnt anyone can by the products (pending materials). Therefore anyone can more easily access those items from either PVP / PVE.

PVP equipment purely for end-game purposes creates a disparity and with SWTOR seriously needing to expand their oPVP even if such gear were only useful against another player it would hinder the oPVP as it would disincline people towards it.

Someone who has X Rating (a high rating) in PVP is someone who plays well and should be feared. The rating is a form of prestige and ranking and that does have value which does not need a gear reward.

this gear thing is pointless really....i only play games to have fun not be some super expert and brag, i kill you all the time....The only thing i care about is my real life not the game it self and gear.... If i cant touch it or have it in my hands i dont care >.>

Right, this thread is obviously not for your concern. Again tell me, why did you think you had to voice your opinion here?

Obviously you're a cool RL guy who is too awesome to play. And yet you spend time on a forum.

Right, this thread is obviously not for your concern. Again tell me, why did you think you had to voice your opinion here?

Obviously you're a cool RL guy who is too awesome to play. And yet you spend time on a forum.

haha ur just 2smart for these low IQ people...enjoy reading ur so awesome logical posts...keep on m8

That is not the translation no.

This guy wants to be rewarded for his efforts. You don't do stuff without a purpose, and it seems purposeless to get high rating just for the bragging right.

You people immediately assume that he wants better gear so he can bash others easily. How ever that is often not the case. When you fight so hard to get a certain rating or w/e you'd like to get a reward for it, and I dont even care if its like ''new look and + 1 willpower'' you just want a damn reward so it isnt so pointless.

This is the for ever ungoing discussion between players who play to compete vs players who cry and whine because they are not entitled to the same rewards for no effort.

Please wake up. MMO WILL NEVER reward your casual behind. How would you like Operations to not drop gear.

MMO is all about grind, effort, time & reward - this model will not change just because you are a miserable human who doesnt understand basic logic as work=money, no work = no money.

Take a step back, and actually listen to what you are asking for, and dont give me these retarded arguments like I PAY MONEY TOOOOO. You people disgust me

He has actually stated he wants better gear so your point is moot. He acutally said he was an additional advantage because he thinks he is the best. Im all for rewards for being ranked high but they should not affect pvp. You want something how bout Armor that very few people have that has a cool unique look to it showing to everyone playing you are ranked high. That would be great. You are ranked high you dont need another advantage.

Also like to point out gear really mean nothing even if u were 1 vs 1 at level 10 its the same thing just now your adding levels of more abilities to the mix, which are not classed for direct pvp content, if you want the whole picture then world pvp and I'm still not sure they let you use ur other abilities against players on that even...

Why not? I am probably the best player on my server, where I turn around hutball/voidstar matches as soon as I join them if my team is the underdog. Everyone on the server looks up to me, and me participating (I have full BM), should reward me in other ways because I am helping others.

Then there is you for example, who is probably less skilled than me and has worse gear than me, why should you get the same gear I get carrying you in warzones? If there were only 8 of you in one team you would never get done the dailies you needed, if it wasn't for people like me. Better players deserve better gear.

Better players don't need better gear. True PvPers want everyone to be on the same footing. If you are so TOTALLY AWESOME then you do not need a gear advantage over other people.

Me, me, me, me..

good lord! what a stupid example and shameless post.

i suggest you take a good look in the mirror and learn about modesty and selflessness.

selfishness is not a quality neither something to aim for.

better player do not deserve better, they are already better than the rest, why would they need something else to advantage them?

pvp is perhaps only about proving that you re better than someone else on equal basis.

ideally lowbie would require better gear to make up for their lack of "skills" against better player, not the opposite.

Hey, I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about skilled players wanting better gear due to their superiority, and I see a lot of people say "No, then you will have advantage over me, and gear>Skill in this game". Others will say "I am not that good, so why give better players then me even better gear then I have?"

Answer to guy no. 1: If you are actually hindered killing the guy because he has better gear than you, but you claim you would beat him if everyone had the same gear, why don't you just grind the high rated gear youself?

Lol you prove why the system is pathetically stupid with your own comments.

Better gear is earned, as it is now, simply by time played. So why should people with more time on their hands get ****? 'You want the same gear? Grind it out!' lol such a pathetically moronically stupid concept.

But anyway, as I've said in other threads, the real solution is just don't have a progression with stats. But then the losers that play 24/7 and 'grind out the gear' whine because they have no skill and can't get an advantage over those that do.

OP will be surprised how bad HE is when ranked games come.

ATM ranks mean nothing but grind. No skill involved or needed, just time.

Even more as there are so many hackers and cheaters around AND as class balance is absolut FAIL!

You want better gear? No problem, grind for it like everyone else!

You want queue with 8 man? Fine IF it is ONLY against other 8 man teams!

NOT AGAINST 4+4 or 4+randoms or random+random!

Hell, even queue with 4 should be disabled! Or only be posible if the other team has a 4 premade too.

PS: it is FAIL from BW, that 4 man might have fun BUT DESTROY THE FUN OF 8 OTHERS!

But if BW want to keep this 4 while they lose 8 ... well, stupid but if BW like it this way. It's their money they lose!

Just with this you could show how good your are. Pumpstomping has NOTHING to do with skillz ... just with e-peening.

Edited by Jahor

You want queue with 8 man? Fine IF it is ONLY against other 8 man teams!

NOT AGAINST 4+4 or 4+randoms or random+random!

Since they;re using the LoL model, they should probably incorporate it further.

1 or 2 man queues should count as solo (lt's be honest, no 2 man can really effect a game that much inherently over 1 really good soloer)

Anything above that should be a team queue, 3 through 5 and then 8, 4+4 really isn't at that much of a differential to 8.

Edited by Adzzy

OP is getting flamed by people who do not understand MMO's. Of course he came across as cocky nerd, but I can totally agree with his point. MMO's are about progression, all he wants is a new tier of gear tied to high how you are rated.

All of you acting like this new tier he wants would be game breaking. When it comes down to people like OP and myself want a reward for being better then the rest, which ends up being a unique look / 2-3% stat advantage on gear, which is nothing. Just look at the difference between champion and BM gear, its incredibly minimal.

TL DR; People want to be rewarded for their efforts. I put in time, knowledge, and thought into knowing my class / bettering myself at the game. Id like my efforts to mean something, even if it is a small stat advantage.

OP is getting flamed by people who do not understand MMO's. Of course he came across as cocky nerd, but I can totally agree with his point. MMO's are about progression, all he wants is a new tier of gear tied to high how you are rated.

All this ranked bushi has nothing to do with mmoRPG and last I checked SW:TOR is still a RPG.

This said rankings shouldn't be implemented at all!!!

Want some meaning for PvP? Add stuff like frontiers, bases and HQs which you can conquer like good old DAoC. But for god will ignore this rambo ego shooter arena bushi!

Sucks hardcore, that every damn game must have this roxor **** today :(.

People want to be rewarded for their efforts.

Reward == Honor, respekt and FUN!

As soon as you add items ... people get the feeling they have to do it ... and this ends in terrible GRIND ... which is *********** boring!

Edited by Jahor

MMO's are about progression, all he wants is a new tier of gear tied to high how you are rated.

Um, no. They're about playing a game with many other people at the same time. That's it. Even RPG's aren't ABOUT progression, they're about role-playing. Progression just happens to be PART of SOME rpg's (others don't even use levels or anything and simply free-flow story wise)

When it comes down to people like OP and myself want a reward for being better then the rest

You're not though. You simply have more time than other people, which logically would indicate you're the opposite of "better than the rest". All gear grinds are is time. That's it. Very very rarely is there some groundbreaking monumental skill requirement to get the gear. Just time. Being rewarded for having excess time to grind is silly (korean MMO might capture your heart it sounds like).

So is the concept of giving better players inflated stat advantages for being better... which lets them curbstomp people and get more advantages.... which lets them afk curbstomp people and get more advantages... while watching a movie. That's the complete opposite system of any competitive venue.

Um, no. They're about playing a game with many other people at the same time. That's it. Even RPG's aren't ABOUT progression, they're about role-playing. Progression just happens to be PART of SOME rpg's (others don't even use levels or anything and simply free-flow story wise)

You're not though. You simply have more time than other people, which logically would indicate you're the opposite of "better than the rest". All gear grinds are is time. That's it. Very very rarely is there some groundbreaking monumental skill requirement to get the gear. Just time. Being rewarded for having excess time to grind is silly (korean MMO might capture your heart it sounds like).

So is the concept of giving better players inflated stat advantages for being better... which lets them curbstomp people and get more advantages.... which lets them afk curbstomp people and get more advantages... while watching a movie. That's the complete opposite system of any competitive venue.

To counter that though, wouldn't someone who plays more, in most cases be better as a result?

Edited by Dego_Locc

Um, no. /played time != skill

I disagree. Practice makes perfect. And in most cases someone who does something for 5+ hours a day, is going to be better than someone who does the same thing 2 or less hours a day on average.

It's just common sense.

Take the best casuals and pit them against the best hardcore players and see how that turns out. Even playing field or not.

Edited by Dego_Locc

TL DR; People want to be rewarded for their efforts. I put in time, knowledge, and thought into knowing my class / bettering myself at the game. Id like my efforts to mean something, even if it is a small stat advantage.

My default stance has always been this: for a truly competitive PVP experience, gear should be normalised.

But listening to the self-entitled opinions of these greedy casual scrubs who just want the best shinies while still pugging and playing horribly badly, I'm starting to agree with you.

A new tier of slightly better (2-3%) PVP gear for the high rated teams only. With a rating requirement to wear it.

Earn your rewards and don't expect them just because you paid your sub.

I disagree. Practice makes perfect. And in most cases someone who does something for 5+ hours a day, is going to be better than someone who does the same thing 2 or less hours a day on average.

It's just common sense.

Yes practice is good, but time played != skill because of a few reasons.

!: if they are playing with a gear advantage they have a crutch that doesn't force them to play to their characters maximum potential.

2: Not everyone can achieve the same level of skill regardless of how much they play. Maybe they just don't learn from mistakes or not maximize all their ability usage, or simply can't adapt to unexpected changes in rotation.

Even thinking time played is a gauge of how good someone is is a joke.

being a loser won't get you anywhere...

..so perhaps we should improve our skill sets?

As long as we can learn to play better than the other gay/gal/misc,

We won't cry.

::

Times change - games evolve - 'MMORPG = X for evermore?'

Adapt.

Edited by Scudmungus