Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Shaltin Tunnels server, Sunday 11.03, 4 p.m. cet - 11 p.m. cet populations:

1. Imperial fleet - from 35 - 45

2. Ilium 6 - 10

3. Voss 5

We have spent around 1h with my friend to find a group for flash point without result. It is not possible to finish flash point or +4 heroics on this server.

On Guild Wars 1 there is no problem to find a players even now after few years after game launch. Hope GW2 will not have this problem like we have here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Guild Wars 1 there is no problem to find a players even now after few years after game launch. Hope GW2 will not have this problem like we have here.

To be fair though the GW1 server system is very different to this one.

Appologies if this has already been mentioned but does anyone here listen to the Mos Eisley Radio podcast? You might need a listen because it's quite revealing.

http://moseisleyradio.com/2012/03/11/mer-episode-73-guild-summit-recap/

One of the guys that went to the guild summit was talking to a load of guild leaders and said that about 90% of the guilds had seen 'significant' losses of numbers and even some of the guild leaders at the summit had not logged on for a month themselves.

There was also mention that 1.2 is going to be the version of the game Bioware wanted it to be at launch but their hand was forced to release early, so despite being a bit ctitical of Bioware I have plenty of sympathy for them.

All quite sad listening.

The Progenitor Imperial midday CET

16 lvl 50s online in the whole wide Galaxy. No level 50 WZ are active, and all Flashpoints are empty.

Yeah, i'll be told its not peak time, but i think in a thriving game, more people should be around.

Whats left to do ? Grind single daily quests ? :(

Edited by Beachcomberb

are serer normally has 150 imperial flett durning prime time so swtor seems to be played by people that play for fun and have lives i do however think a server merge needs to happen its not that the game is low populated its just to many damn server to choose from

Brother and i abandoned our launch server and 50s just yesterday bcuz it was dead at all times making the game unplayable. Level 10 and already glad i did. Much better game

w more than 7 in each zone.

Do ur homework. Not tough to find the few higher pop. U.s. servers.

I feel your pain guys, but you should have realized weeks ago that your server was never going to sustain the low pops it already had and just rerolled somewhere else.

My server had a queue though. Now look at it, i feel like ive spent too much time invested just to reroll a level 1.

My server had a queue though. Now look at it, i feel like ive spent too much time invested just to reroll a level 1.

I'm on progenitor.

Sometimes log on during the day just to grind out the dailies or to do some crafting or to level an alt.

Right now there are 51 lvl 50's on line (I play empire it's 13:45 GMT here on this EU server)

28 people on kaas.. tbh there is a ton of people all levelling right now on the server.

so a couple of hours after you initially posted.

I'm a tank but I really have no interest hanging around fleet waiting for a group or trying to form one.. If I want to continue to play swtor I'll prob log onto an alt and do some levelling.

I really cannot commit an hour or so to an instance during the daytime.

Edited by corbanite

I feel your pain guys, but you should have realized weeks ago that your server was never going to sustain the low pops it already had and just rerolled somewhere else.

Wrong.

My server was FULL (Niman Server) at launch.

It had a 2000 person que most times.

Now look at it.

I'm on progenitor.

Sometimes log on during the day just to grind out the dailies or to do some crafting or to level an alt.

Right now there are 51 lvl 50's on line (I play empire it's 13:45 GMT here on this EU server)

28 people on kaas.. tbh there is a ton of people all levelling right now on the server.

so a couple of hours after you initially posted.

I'm a tank but I really have no interest hanging around fleet waiting for a group or trying to form one.. If I want to continue to play swtor I'll prob log onto an alt and do some levelling.

I really cannot commit an hour or so to an instance during the daytime.

Not really sure if your agreeing with me or otherwise.

I have no intrest in Alts. Its sounds like your saying alting is endgame?

Edited by Beachcomberb

Wrong.

My server was FULL (Niman Server) at launch.

It had a 2000 person que most times.

Now look at it.

Between all the bugs, broken dailies on Ilum for Sith side (one didn't even work at launch and another has been broken for a couple of months), massive class imbalances and huge bias towards force-users in pvp, is it really a wonder populations are declining?

I've been on Fleet just watching the numbers for the last 2 hours. It's been anywhere from 2-6 Imperials on Krayiss Obelisk. It was just 2 a few minutes ago. If I wasn't just standing there doing nothing at all on my level 1 trade mule, it would have been just 1 lonely guy or girl.

To be fair though the GW1 server system is very different to this one.

Appologies if this has already been mentioned but does anyone here listen to the Mos Eisley Radio podcast? You might need a listen because it's quite revealing.

http://moseisleyradio.com/2012/03/11/mer-episode-73-guild-summit-recap/

One of the guys that went to the guild summit was talking to a load of guild leaders and said that about 90% of the guilds had seen 'significant' losses of numbers and even some of the guild leaders at the summit had not logged on for a month themselves.

There was also mention that 1.2 is going to be the version of the game Bioware wanted it to be at launch but their hand was forced to release early, so despite being a bit ctitical of Bioware I have plenty of sympathy for them.

All quite sad listening.

I thought that part of the Mos Eisley radio was the most englightening. When GMs of invited summit guilds either themslves aren't playing or are losing significant players there really is a major problem that Bioware needs to address. I will admit that it was great that Jeff from Bioware did talk with them about it. I also want to know what kind of events the TOR wars server runs that keeps players rerolling and staying there. Whatever it is if I was Bioware I would start implementing across the board.

I've been on Fleet just watching the numbers for the last 2 hours. It's been anywhere from 2-6 Imperials on Krayiss Obelisk. It was just 2 a few minutes ago. If I wasn't just standing there doing nothing at all on my level 1 trade mule, it would have been just 1 lonely guy or girl.

It is now 12:30pm and only 5 on Fleet, including myself who isn't really playing.

Senator its dead yesterday ther was more ppl in my giuld than Hutta, its really dificult to do any thung.

Are someone thinking in server migratios or merge population from differrent servers in new one??

Mebelina lvl 23 sith marauder

We're at work.

If you work nights why not move a character to the new Oceanic server?

And yet World of Warcraft servers stay populated while you're at work on a weekday. They stated during development their servers would hold about the same pops as World of Warcraft servers. Clearly, they opened too many servers since they aren't filling them up anywhere near as well.

Edited by Kourage

And yet World of Warcraft servers stay populated while you're at work on a weekday. They stated during development their servers would hold about the same pops as World of Warcraft servers. Clearly, they opened too many servers since they aren't filling them up anywhere near as well.

Bingo!! When I joined there were so many servers to choose from - There were roughly 10 with High population but after that it just went to low. I think they need to merge servers and put the rest on stand by untill needed.

RE: Wow servers out of the 9-10 mil playing 30% are still farmers.

I haven't played WoW in 3 years, but my son still plays and he can log in anytime of the day and it looks like primetime wherever he goes. It can be 11 am on a weekday, 4pm on a weekday, it doesn't matter, the game is full of people. SWTOR I never see it full anymore, just the first 2 weeks of release.

Imperials Online

lv 50 -- 15

01-20 -- 21

21-40 -- 27

41-49 -- 04

67 Imperials at 1:20pm

6 on Fleet

0 on Ilum

There are still a few servers worse than mine. They should all be merged together ASAP. You could triple the pop on my server and it would still be standard at prime time.

Edited by Kourage

Imperials Online

lv 50 -- 15

01-20 -- 21

21-40 -- 27

41-49 -- 04

67 Imperials at 1:20pm

6 on Fleet

0 on Ilum

There are still a few servers worse than mine. They should all be merged ASAP.

Not True! they have 1.7 million subs!!

LOL, seriously, i wasnt really worried about this game ever. They still have pleanty of time to fix it and get it in line before it goes under. the only way it will fails is if bioware doesnt figure out how to run an mmo (they still havent but they have time).

What does worry me about this game is all this bs about subs is just crazy, this game is almost a ghost town, servers are empty. And if bioware is lying to themselves about these subs we are in trouble. Anyone that plays this game already knows there has been a major population decline, even if you play on one of the few servers that still have over 100 people on the station during primetime youve seen the decline too.

This is false...WoW has very dead servers.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079842536

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079872528

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079622292

No one plays on my server anymore. I want to at least transfer so I can play with the couple IRL friends that still do play.

About a month ago there were tons of shouts for HM flashpoints, but now that everyone is geared up there is nothing to do but PVP every once in a while or reroll. People sign on to do their daily or weekly, but then sign off once they're done. Also, about a month ago, people on my guild and friends list were always on, now they are never on. Fleet pop during my preferred play time has decreased from 250 to 60. No one even plays on the weekends.

I didn't have a choice but to reroll. Playing through again is sort of keeping my interest, but I wish I didn't have to see the same planets and maps all over again. Feels like work more than fun.

Many people have said that WoW was nowhere near this nice at launch, so I have some hope. You are always supposed to give a new MMO 6 months to a year so that they have a chance to launch their first significant patches. I hope that content is coming soon. I want some stuff to do at endgame that is fun and unique. What about some 16 man PVP space battles where you have to cripple and board the enemy ship? What if they made it hierarchical so that the OPS leader was on the flagship and the rest of the OPS members had roles such as commander or lieutenant and they all controlled a team of NPC's? I don't know. Something.

The best joy I have with the game right now is helping my 4 year old with his char. Actually, I don't need to help him much, he does the missions on his own. But I get excited seeing how excited he gets when he chooses the dark side answer or hits a milestone, like unlocking his companion. I don't know if it's bad parenting letting him play, but he is only allowed an hour or two a day and on the plus side it's actually helping a lot with his reading. I guess he should be reading Dr Seuss or something, but he likes this story better lol. End rambling.