Voidstar is the worst battleground in the history of MMOs

BlazeMazeRaze

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Voidstar is just god awful, please remove or completely revamp this warzone. Its is the most linear, poorly designed excuse for pvp ever. Huttball is a masterpiece by comparison.

All you do is spawn, zerg a door, die and do it again in the most boring terrain possible. There is no strategy, finesse, or even skill involved in this warzone.

Compared to the other 2? I think this one is the best by far.

Hutball is a face roll , the only reason i even fight there is to get 4 medals , other than that? Get the ball score and that is it.

Ald ... lol mate that is a massive lets just keep fighting forever... rly forever, there is no logic just hit the healer then the other guys.

Void star is the mix for now i guess , i have hopes for the new one.

I played beta and thought wow..civil war cool, then I played hutball and thought oh my god this is insanity. At first voidstar was interesting but then once I saw the door exploit I was disgusted. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that crap. As I understand it the next warzone looks to be outside again....I suspect once we have the right to select our warzone...it will simply be a long line of pubs waiting to play voidstar as I and a lot of imperials will never touch that cursed ship again.

voidstar is fun, please do not remove or completely revamp this warzone. I think you really did a good job on this one. Huttball is awesome too.

All i do is spawn, fight for doors, die, do it again in a terrain.

there is no room for morons, idiots, or even pinheads without common sense in this warzone.

bioware please ignore threads like this. some people are really stupid

Edited by Mongrul

I have no issues in voidstar and argue that it does take tactics and the bility for groups to work together peeling people off doors and stunning for caps, however!

BW *** is going on with not fixing pubs jumping out of spawn on defense.... every match 1 pub jumps out stands behind door 1 and insta caps it while we are all standing there calling them cheaters but can do nothing about it.... that is brolen as hell and needs to be fixed... have they not learned from Arathi Basin that invisable walls should go to the ceiling...

Voidstar is fine, I actually prefer pvping to running around chasing a ball. There is strategy involved, most of the games I play my team wins 6-0 so whats up haters? You win 6-0 versus battlemaster premades? Nope, you sulk and come here to blame the warzones constituents.

Voidstar is just god awful, please remove or completely revamp this warzone. Its is the most linear, poorly designed excuse for pvp ever. Huttball is a masterpiece by comparison.

No. Thanks though. I enjoy voidstar quite a bit. It's action packed and a nice change of pace from civil or sorc/sageball. It's pretty much the equivalent of team deathmatch but with an objective. Sageball by comparison is only fun for the people that can do silly z-axis tricks and have knockbacks, pulls, bubbles and sprints (preferrably on the same character)

Edited by Vaipyr

Huttball has a complex map that requires much more teamwork and coordination than the others. The split levels, hazards, and ball-handling make crowd control far more influential here than any other map. It has much more of a bias towards premade groups. I mostly run PUGs when I PvP, so Huttball is typically a nightmare of scattered teammates who focus less on the Huttball and more on staying alive, racking up kills, or negotiating the map. Half of the the games I've been in have one side or another falling completely apart within the first 3 minutes due to quitters. Typically, some arse decides that typing out insults to his team is a more productive use of his time than coordinating or participating. It is my least favorite map for those reasons.

Civil War is a very simple map with three objectives & no hazards. Voidstar is a simple map with up to two objectives at any given time, with some hazards (i.e., the bridges). Situational awareness is very important in these two maps, but otherwise the objectives are very simple to focus on.

I enjoy Voidstar & Civil War much more than Huttball, simply because I find that in PUGs, it is easier to get my teammates to focus on the same objective. Of the two, my time in Voidstar has had the most time engaged in combat around the objective, and the fewest imbalances resulting in spawn-site camping. I'll concede that this is due to simplicity of the map. In my opinion, the need to allow PUGs to have any chance against premades requires simpler maps to be available.

Edited by FatherGrimm

voidstar is fun, please do not remove or completely revamp this warzone. I think you really did a good job on this one. Huttball is awesome too.

All i do is spawn, fight for doors, die, do it again in a terrain.

there is no room for morons, idiots, or even pinheads without common sense in this warzone.

bioware please ignore threads like this. some people are really stupid

But they still account for 80% of the players in any given WZ or no one would ever make it through any doors, so, in fact, there IS room for morons, idiots and pinheads. Although, I wish there wasn't room for them.

voidstar is pretty bad but Tor Anroc in WAR with all stupid pathways over the fire/lava that resulted in being constantly instagibbed by classes with knockbacks was even more retarded.

the same genius Mythic team that made Voidstar made Tor Anroc too though, so they obviously have quite the talent for making complete ****.

LOL tor anroc. I remember those days. You could be 15 m from edge of cliff and still get punted into the lava with a KB because they were literally missile launches instead of KBs. But then again, at one point you could also be a witch elf and break stealth on your target and kill them from full health in under 2 seconds lol. The WE crew must have designed the sorc/sage in this game.

But they still account for 80% of the players in any given WZ or no one would ever make it through any doors, so, in fact, there IS room for morons, idiots and pinheads. Although, I wish there wasn't room for them.

^^ Someone has obviously never let their opponent arm the door, even with all the CC out there.

yeah right!

Sometimes it's not morons or idiots or pinheads that allow it, it's simply that the other team is organized better.

Edited by olagaton

^^ Someone has obviously never let their opponent arm the door, even with all the CC out there.

yeah right!

Sometimes it's not morons or idiots or pinheads that allow it, it's simply that the other team is organized better.

Na,

its the fact that cc and resolve don't work right. This cc fest takes away talent. People just constantly ccing a target so they cannot break los or escape is just lame. Its not skilled. It takes away from positioning and movement and makes it like a heavy weight fight in that whoever can hit the hardest and absorb more dmg wins.

So talent is not really all that important. Kill everyone quick cap the door will we stun/root/cc everyone that respawns is not skilled.

Voidstar is a zerg. I like alderaan.