Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

At first I thought you were joking. Then I actually looked at your linked pic. The one where you evidently feel that because a Trooper scored 446K damage in Voidstar it meant he was OP. LOL.

I've seen a good Sorc score 730K in Voidstar during the same match when I (Merc Pyro) scored 660K. Sorry, but your screen cap is irrelevant.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I thought you were joking. Then I actually looked at your linked pic. The one where you evidently feel that because a Trooper scored 446K damage in Voidstar it meant he was OP. LOL.

I've seen a good Sorc score 730K in Voidstar during the same match when I (Merc Pyro) scored 660K. Sorry, but your screen cap is irrelevant.

Depends on how long the matches are really.

But look at the trooper right below him in damage.

I'm an operative so I'm impartial

But from what Ive seen in Pve, minus snipers everyone is on par

If this nerf is strictly for PvP all my merc friends will be mad

I'm an operative as well.

I learned one thing about tracer missile in PVP.

level 10-49 it's overpowered.

Level 50 bracket it's a joke at best.

I honestly don't think they need to nerf it.

There are other things about BH's however I do feel needs adjustment.

But their damage isn't one of them in my opinion.

I know right? This coming from a class who had their damage nerf'd 3 times lol!

Thanks for your support in that fiasco by the way.

Edited by Ahebish

I'm not really sure what to make of this as there has been no mention of what this "nerf" will be. But I can say that I'm a little sick of all the PVP whiners getting their way and demanding that any class they don't play gets nerfed, last I checked PVP is a very very very small part of SWTOR..... if Bioware is going to cave to these whiners every time they shed a tear then I wish they would just make PVE and PVP two completely seperate entities, that way they could nerf pvp effectiveness all they want without affecting PVE.

I DID NOT agree with the OP nerf!

I WILL NOT agree with a BH nerf!

I feel sorcs are incredibly overpowered, but I DO NOT want them nerfed, because that overpoweredness comes in mighty handy when you are grouped with one.

Snipers and marauders could probably use a BUFF, marauders mostly for PVE, OPs could probably use a PVE BUFF.......... but COOL IT with the nerfing already!!!!

I think, they should really seperate the pvp from the pve.

Y does it always come to this?

The pure pve players and raiders always get their fun taken out of their class and with that out of their playstyle, because in pvp a class might be oped.

I can not stand it any more...

Please Bioware DO NOT make the same mistake as for example Blizzard did with WoW.

Plz seperate Pvp balancing from pve balancing, plz...

I am purely pve. I really like all classes i play. Why? because each class has a finesse of its own.

Do not destroy the game for the pve players

I think, they should really seperate the pvp from the pve.

Y does it always come to this?

The pure pve players and raiders always get their fun taken out of their class and with that out of their playstyle, because in pvp a class might be oped.

I can not stand it any more...

Please Bioware DO NOT make the same mistake as for example Blizzard did with WoW.

Plz seperate Pvp balancing from pve balancing, plz...

I am purely pve. I really like all classes i play. Why? because each class has a finesse of its own.

Do not destroy the game for the pve players

This basically.

I have always felt that a better way to "keep things balanced" is to have skills react differently when used in pvp scenarios as opposed to using them in pve. That way you essentially have two different skill sets but with the same skills...if that makes any sense at all. Just thinking out loud, I know its never going to happen.

I love how everyone is automatically assume they're a) nerfing mercs, and b) nerfing TM, when all we know is that they will nerf Bounty Hunters -- along with nerfing other classes and buffing warriors.

PS. MY joking?! :|

Edited by Mrs_Murder

Why would anyone think Pyro and not Tracer Missile? Pyro PT isn't nearly as infamous.

because hybrid PT's are far more powerful than mercs and in real need of adjustments. To be completely honest, I don't think Mercs need a reduction in power. They just need to increase the player skill requirement quite a bit, which PT's need as well however they also need to get some good slaps with the nerft bat.

Edited by mufutiz

My 2 cents as an arsenal Merc since pre-launch..

Pyro PT is more powerful than arsenal Merc in PvP.

Fusion Missile > Explosive Dart > DFA is probably OP as an AOE combo. A slight nerf to DFA might make sense.

The gut says TM will take the hit since all the whiners and terribads only cry about TM spam..

if nerfing TM it would be much 'easier' to nerf its dmg output and/or compound stacking than adding a CD. Nerfing dmg output can be compensated in increasing other moves' output (or just a flat out DPS nerf if that is where they feel we are).

Adding any CD beyond ~1.5s to TM would require a radical overhaul to how our debuffs and procs work, almost a class redesign, or leave the class completely gutted in PvE & PvP.

Tracer Missile=Lightning Strike=Snipe and a few others i can't recall the name of for different dps classes.

Peeps really need to learn how all the dps classes not only work, but how very similar they all are. Tracer gets a bad rep cuz it's the non cd ability that the dps class uses to proc other cd abilities and keep either buff or debuffs up, "with the most visible animation".

I've now gotten sniper, sorc, and merc all in columni/rakata gear. While sorc's lightning strike hits slightly weaker then the others, and it is just slightly they're also a dps class that has dots doing damage too.

If you're running into mercs spamming tracer and they're killing you and you want to QQ about it, you really should be thankful instead that they didn't kill you sooner with heatseeker, railshot, unload.

Tracer Missile=Lightning Strike=Snipe and a few others i can't recall the name of for different dps classes.

Peeps really need to learn how all the dps classes not only work, but how very similar they all are. Tracer gets a bad rep cuz it's the non cd ability that the dps class uses to proc other cd abilities and keep either buff or debuffs up, "with the most visible animation".

I've now gotten sniper, sorc, and merc all in columni/rakata gear. While sorc's lightning strike hits slightly weaker then the others, and it is just slightly they're also a dps class that has dots doing damage too.

If you're running into mercs spamming tracer and they're killing you and you want to QQ about it, you really should be thankful instead that they didn't kill you sooner with heatseeker, railshot, unload.

Tracer Missile = Snipe? Really? Snipe isn't a tech attack. Snipe doesn't apply an armor buff on the sniper nor an armor debuff on a target. Snipe doesn't enhance the damage done by any other ability... Tracer missles do more damage as well.

You'd have been off saying Power Shot = Snipe.

Devs stated all classes are going to get changes. Just look to the dev tracker for that. Maybe tweaking tracer missile is something they're doing, maybe they're not touching it. All the whining about changes should wait until the patch notes are released.

Then, I'd say you're doing something wrong or gearing wrong on your sniper, cuz on my sniper i crit about 3.5k to almost 4k on snipe. That's 1654 cunning and 380 power, my merc has 1652 aim with just around 400 power or so with tracer critting on average at 3.3k. The sorcerer with likewise stats has lightning strikes that crit on average 2.8k-3k like i said abit lower but i have more dots there.

Now the debuff on the target lowers it's armor, it isn't just buffing the merc, it's buffing your sniper as well and any other dps doing damage that is effected by armor, which is alot of them. The buff on the merc EFFECTS RAILSHOT, NOT TRACER.

Let alone, once you have 4 set pve bonus you don't even wait for the railshot buff to stack fully anyway, railshot becomes free at that point and is used on cd regardless of where that stacking buff is at currently.

The point being that the non cd abilities in almost every dps rotation, that are spammable based attackes limited only by your resource, and often are coupled to other abilities in your priority system, all "in essence" work the same and do similar or appropiate damage.

Edited by Spoonster

Maybe the changes to BH have NOTHING to do with Tracer Missile or Pyro PT's, maybe the change is they are going to finally F-ing fix Ion Cylinder! That would be nice.

Wouldn't that be a buff, not a nerf?

We don't know much about the changes, but it was pretty clearly stated that it was going to be a nerf.

The nerf might be pyro related. Currently it seems that their damage capabilities are comparable to arsenal save for the pyros greater mobility and they seem to run cooler. I don't quite see the arsenal mercs place to shine by comparison. Edited by inquisitorshadow

Suggesting that we should "just wait and see" comes with a caveat. It assumes that there is something somewhere within the BH skills and general game mechanics that would require a nerf.

I can honestly only think of one thing, and it affects all BH, that might need a little toning down.

Death from Above. Should one class be able to take an entire pull of mobs with one skill? It doesn't really matter the spec, I have seen Bodygaurds and even powertechs use it as effectively as Arsenel.

Anything other than that, and there is reason to complain, and due to the general vagueness of the nerf warning, I highly doubt this is it. Why not just say death from above instead of listing an entire class, unless you intend to overhaul multiple aspects and not just a single skill within it?

Death from Above. Should one class be able to take an entire pull of mobs with one skill? It doesn't really matter the spec, I have seen Bodygaurds and even powertechs use it as effectively as Arsenel.

Orbital Strike is similarly effective against normal mobs. But how often are either used in this fashion in endgame play? Only to decrease the amount of time needed to clear trash mobs to get to a boss in a hard mode flashpoint.

In PvP play if you nerf Death from Above or Orbital Strike you are going to have real issues. Neither is terribly effective normally, but you need to have them around to prevent defenders from throwing up Orbital Shield and an AoE heal around a door/turret and becoming nearly impossible to dislodge.

But let's face it - the real fear amongst BH players is that BW will do something entirely different and entirely ill advised. What it might be isn't clear. But it is already clear that BW has difficulty understanding that Sage/Sorcs already have better spam attacks, better stun/interrupts, better DoT, more resources, better debuffing and better burst than BH. With that already evident, people are not confident that BW will do the right thing. THAT is the problem.

Problems I have to your reaction to the supposed nerf.

1. no specifics nerfs are listed.

2. the nerf you are referring to is a rumor from a third party.

3 the nerf might be a 0.025% damage reduction to an ability you never use like the missile attack you start the game with that is good for little more than overheating. But you don't know because nothing is tated as to the nature of the nerf.

4. you are flaming a bout a nerf that may or may not happen to an undisclosed ability by an undisclosed amount.

Without going into what particular thing you answered too theres also the question 'do bh´s deserve a nerf?'. I know of at least two classes that deserve a nerf more, sorcs and tank shadows/assassins.

I dondt much like playing an assassina nd have started rolling a sorc. With that said I dont enjoy that nearly as much as bh. If I dont like the nerf, well theres new games coming out soon.

yeah i agree it feels like they picking on one of the weakest classes in pvp! it feels to me like bioware don't see who dominate in wz at all... Since it sure is not bounty hunters!

We have big damage if you let us stand still and spam tracer's on you but thats it! if you interrupt us we are pretty much done, we have one knock back with 1min 30sec cooldown,

We have one shield with 2 min cooldown, if you spec so your rocket punch do knock back u have that too, but after all those 3 we are pretty much dead.

Talking about nerf such a terrabad class when u look on all others like sorc who has ALL the best skills, then you have shadow's, sages, operative, jug's, marauder's, assassin's and the list goes on on classes that are WAY stronger then us.

I will say this bioware if you feel like nerfing bounty hunter since people saying we are op, you really need take a closer look whats going on in swtor pvp, not only look in post, but go inside the game, do a wz or 6 and u will see fast bh are pretty much ****!

Even worse the heatsystem is also really terrabad for pvp, i have spec arsenal so when i use the penetrate cylinder i vent +8 heat every 3 sec on crits, and i crit a lot, but still i over heat, yes i use rapid shots +++ too! Also i spec in pyro so when i get knock back, stuck etc i vent 8 more heat, it doesnt help!

Then when we are max heat we are USELESS! as the heat last forever! all i can do now is spam rapid shots that does 100-200 dmg "wow" we so op!

After we used "vent heat" it's a 2 min cooldown on it. 2 min, is TO long! we are worst class, we have a dmg boost i agree on that, but thats all we have, and we need stand still to use it. And like i said can easy be interrupted.

Other then that we merc DIE faster then sorc's does who is cloth. Why ? since they have shield, force run and much more!

Our "heavy armor" could been "cloth armor" would been the same as we die just as fast! i'm full battlemaster +15% dmg reduce, if someone focus on me any class i die faster then you can say lol. And you guys really wanna say we are OP?...............

I think most people who read you gonna nerf the weakest class are thinking this is so funny! as they know they will dominate even harder now, well for me personaly if you doing ANY nerf, i'm stopping my sub and quiting this game forever! the worst thing you can do is nerf the weakest class!

And to be honest i don't understand why nerf at all, world of warcraft started nerfing classes too, and you saw how that went did you now? like 80% of people have quit wow now!

And reason they nerfed was since arena, like 2vs2 etc, we don't have arena in swtor, we are many vs many that can't be balanced with nerfing really! I don't understand you to be honest, i really mean what i said too, if you don't know what's going on in WZ go there yourself as a max lvl bounty hunter with full battlemaster gear, and see if u feel op? see if you are the strongest class that deserve a nerf! PLEASE DO IT! before you do the biggest misstake of your life nerfing the wrong class!

yeah i agree it feels like they picking on one of the weakest classes in pvp! it feels to me like bioware don't see who dominate in wz at all... Since it sure is not bounty hunters!

We have big damage if you let us stand still and spam tracer's on you but thats it! if you interrupt us we are pretty much done, we have one knock back with 1min 30sec cooldown,

We have one shield with 2 min cooldown, if you spec so your rocket punch do knock back u have that too, but after all those 3 we are pretty much dead.

Talking about nerf such a terrabad class when u look on all others like sorc who has ALL the best skills, then you have shadow's, sages, operative, jug's, marauder's, assassin's and the list goes on on classes that are WAY stronger then us.

I will say this bioware if you feel like nerfing bounty hunter since people saying we are op, you really need take a closer look whats going on in swtor pvp, not only look in post, but go inside the game, do a wz or 6 and u will see fast bh are pretty much ****!

Even worse the heatsystem is also really terrabad for pvp, i have spec arsenal so when i use the penetrate cylinder i vent +8 heat every 3 sec on crits, and i crit a lot, but still i over heat, yes i use rapid shots +++ too! Also i spec in pyro so when i get knock back, stuck etc i vent 8 more heat, it doesnt help!

Then when we are max heat we are USELESS! as the heat last forever! all i can do now is spam rapid shots that does 100-200 dmg "wow" we so op!

After we used "vent heat" it's a 2 min cooldown on it. 2 min, is TO long! we are worst class, we have a dmg boost i agree on that, but thats all we have, and we need stand still to use it. And like i said can easy be interrupted.

Other then that we merc DIE faster then sorc's does who is cloth. Why ? since they have shield, force run and much more!

Our "heavy armor" could been "cloth armor" would been the same as we die just as fast! i'm full battlemaster +15% dmg reduce, if someone focus on me any class i die faster then you can say lol. And you guys really wanna say we are OP?...............

I think most people who read you gonna nerf the weakest class are thinking this is so funny! as they know they will dominate even harder now, well for me personaly if you doing ANY nerf, i'm stopping my sub and quiting this game forever! the worst thing you can do is nerf the weakest class!

And to be honest i don't understand why nerf at all, world of warcraft started nerfing classes too, and you saw how that went did you now? like 80% of people have quit wow now!

And reason they nerfed was since arena, like 2vs2 etc, we don't have arena in swtor, we are many vs many that can't be balanced with nerfing really! I don't understand you to be honest, i really mean what i said too, if you don't know what's going on in WZ go there yourself as a max lvl bounty hunter with full battlemaster gear, and see if u feel op? see if you are the strongest class that deserve a nerf! PLEASE DO IT! before you do the biggest misstake of your life nerfing the wrong class!

no offense...but all i see is a big wall of QQ. I'm specced as an Arsenal merc, don't get me wrong, we're turrets in order to optimize the max amount of damage. But don't tell me we have our 1 key taped down.

You know what they need to nerf? ****in pally bubbles in this game, they need a bigger CD.