Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

I'm not quite understanding what the big deal is about Tracer Missle. So many people whine and complain and cry, when in fact all it takes is a simple interupt. Arsenal Mercs have very little going for them outside of their high damage output, and it's not like Tracer Missle does absurd amount of damage. What about Snipers? Why can't we claim that Snipe needs to be nerfed as well? A bounty hunter's priority system doesn't spam Tracer Missle. That's too heat costly and dangerous. Tracer missle x3, Unload, Heatseekers, Tracer Missle x2, Railshot, then go from there. Tracer Missle is A FILLER. FILLER. You're SUPPOSED to spam fillers. That's what they're THERE for.

Bounty Hunters have pathetic CC in warzones, having to rely on Jet Boost to keep themselves alive. And even then, when Guardians can ignore CC from their guardian leap, assassins can force speed back and Marauder just charge right back over without caring, all we have left is that dinky 4 second stun of ours.

It really isn't like Arsenal Mercs are hard to take down, I find my own to be pretty damned squishy, personally. Regardless, if they do wind up nerfing Tracer Missle I sure hope they tweak the skills, otherwise we're going to be ridiculously gimped and there won't be any point in playing them.

Edited by Paralassa
content, but old, just removing

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta agree with you. I don't see how people can complain about an ability with a cast bar that can be interupted... mind boggling.

Be on the other end of two bounty hunters spamming it, its basically like watching a lawn mower cut through grass.

Be on the other end of two bounty hunters spamming it, its basically like watching a lawn mower cut through grass.

The same could be said of most classes. Two snipers, two marauders, two assassins, two scoundrels, two pyrotech vanguards. This isn't an Arsenal Bounty Hunter specific thing.

I'm not quite understanding what the big deal is about Tracer Missle. So many people whine and complain and cry, when in fact all it takes is a simple interupt.

I gotta agree with you. I don't see how people can complain about an ability with a cast bar that can be interupted... mind boggling.

Here's the problem - a single interrupt of TM just delays the inevitable - another TM. Because TM has no CD and it's resource cost is so low, it is a de facto spam attack. For the same reason, people know that interrupting Force Lighting/Pebble spam attacks is not a good strategy. You just wasted your interrupt and the caster will just continue with his spam. Both TM and Lightning/Pebble have the same game (im)balance problems - their cost is so low that negating a single cast of them is pointless, yet they do more damage that other classes' spam attacks.

The problem for Arsenal/TM is that once BW nerfs that ability, you are totally reliant on BW acting properly to restore your effectiveness with another buffed ability. Sage/sorc on the other hand has a lot more attack options and isn't so much at the mercy of BW.

No one every called a merc healer overpowered. I hope whatever the nerf is that it doesn't further weaken merc healers, we are already perceived (correctly or not) as less desirable than sorc or ops healers.

To be fair, it's not that BHs or Ops are weak so much as Sorcs are *********** OP healers. They gave bubble and the only real AoE heal to one class. I don't see how anyone thought the best resource, best preventative medicine and only real AoE spell should go to one healer.

Oh well, I'd take Kolto Missile over the Ops 4 man 1.5k hot over 15 second spell any day. Least our's helps melee, even if it only hits 3 targets.

I bet they put a 6 second CD on tracer and tone the damage down by 20% and give power shot a 10% damage increase. Oh noes.. you use tracer missle once every 13-14 seconds to keep the debuff up and then you use powershot! Edited by Tallyhoe

Pyro also takes far more skill.

i find Pyro on my PT much more facerollable than my arsenal merc

there as easy as each other but the PT is able to solo just about anyone whereas the merc can solo sorc/sages and other troopers nething else i generally account to massive gear disparity (BM gear)

sure its a couple more buttons but inc missle > rail > close distance with flame burst > hopefully rail if not rocket > rail > fb > rail repeat until dead

opposed to tracer> exploding dart > tracer x2 > heat seeker > tracer > tracer > rail

(with unloads thrown in whenever they proc)

one moved 1 stands still otherwise there both retardedly easy "skill" with a PT is basically the ability to walk to chew gum as the only real diff is the ability to move on the PT and being shorter range

Edited by DarthVallik

HAHA all of you deserve this, due to those worthless Tracer Missle spammers! Interrupt once then they just stand there cause they dont know what else to do. That was by far the most overused and over spammed skill ever in WZs. Yall had this coming from the get go.

is someone mad that their class got nerfed into oblivion?

Uh, if anything we will be doing more damage.

Yes, there is a 10% reduction on Tracer Missile damage...

But, they are buffing Heatseeker Missile by 10%, AND significantly increasing the proc rate of Barrage.

I say it's a buff, not a nerf.

I wub my Merc! <3

looking at those patch notes the only "nerf" i see is a MASSIVE nerf to BH/comm healing trees. BG merc will literally be unplayable after that patch. Sure we can heal 1 more "random" person with our aoe but we still don't have a combat rez and they increase the heat cost on EVERYTHING and decreased the heat reduction on things as well. You'll be able to get about 6-7 heals in before blowing vent heat doing 6-7 again and then sitting there rapid derp shots till your heat goes back down.

the "nerf" to tracer isn't a nerf at all its still going to be 1.5 second cast at 16 heat so still spammable and 10% damage reduction is meh at best. The 10% increase to HS damage and significant increase to barage procs will make arsenal even more deadly then they are now and they will still be SPAMMING tracer lol.

I agree with feeling of surprise and anger after reading that article on ign. Refreshing to know our class is getting the shaft pretty hard from a third party source while other better classes continue to keep trucking on.

I do feel bad for you guys I really do.

But hey you only need 4 more nerf's to catch up to concealment/scrappers

How's it feel to get it in the pooper like we did 5 times now?

Edited by Ahebish

I do feel bad for you guys I really do.

But hey you only need 4 more nerf's to catch up to concealment/scrappers

How's it feel to get it in the pooper like we did 5 times now?

BW seems to have no love for classes unless they got a glow stick :(

Uh, if anything we will be doing more damage.

Yes, there is a 10% reduction on Tracer Missile damage...

But, they are buffing Heatseeker Missile by 10%, AND significantly increasing the proc rate of Barrage.

I say it's a buff, not a nerf.

I wub my Merc! <3

i agree with you here...BUT! a big but...they said there was going to be a change in the rotation...were is it..i dont see it...i use unload everytime pretty much when it procs..its a slight change but not something i will really notice ^^ there will still be the same amount of rockets flying...and the buff stack on defence will be 5% instead of 10%...so why not make the BH somewhat more mobile..

i agree with you here...BUT! a big but...they said there was going to be a change in the rotation...were is it..i dont see it...i use unload everytime pretty much when it procs..its a slight change but not something i will really notice ^^ there will still be the same amount of rockets flying...and the buff stack on defence will be 5% instead of 10%...so why not make the BH somewhat more mobile..

They gave our knockback a root. Thats how they balanced it.

All in all, i'd say bad BHs will cry bloody murder. BHs didn't get nerfed, we now hafta adapt to a slightly different play style. SLIGHTLY. I'm lookin forward to 1.2

All in all, i'd say bad BHs will cry bloody murder. BHs didn't get nerfed, we now hafta adapt to a slightly different play style. SLIGHTLY. I'm lookin forward to 1.2

show me where it says this in the patch notes

show me where it says this in the patch notes

Mercenary

Cure now generates 8 Heat (down from 16).

Jet Boost now triggers snare visual effects on affected targets.

Power Shot has been rebalanced. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile's animations have been exchanged by popular demand from the community.

Nothing changed, just a visual effect has been added.

Mercenary

Cure now generates 8 Heat (down from 16).

Jet Boost now triggers snare visual effects on affected targets.

Power Shot has been rebalanced. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile's animations have been exchanged by popular demand from the community.

Nothing changed, just a visual effect has been added.

yup...that snare is already ingame...you just cant see it atm. so no real change there either.

Edited by Mightywombat

Mercs didnt get a nerf ( well arsenal mercs) Pryo got ***** and PT's will be crying nerf rightly so

it should be a nerf tbh.. they need it.

LMAO.

My guess is that you don't play the class.

I am getting pretty tired of all you whiny kids crying for nerfs. This is how games get broken. The sooner you all learn that, the better we will be.

LMAO.

My guess is that you don't play the class.

I am getting pretty tired of all you whiny kids crying for nerfs. This is how games get broken. The sooner you all learn that, the better we will be.

Pretty much just the other way. Failure to balance classes early, and to hit with the nerfbat hard and often, is what breaks games.

And, yes, I play a BH. Level 48, Bodyguard spec. Other than some alts who are all under level 10, he's the only character I've played since 12/16/11. I personally don't think most of these adjustments are needed, and they're going to make play much more difficult if there aren't as-yet-unrevealed counterbalancing factors -- but I also know I don't have access to the logs and data the designers have, I haven't tried the changes out on the test server, and I don't know what the interactions are going to be between the adjustments which are listed in the patch notes, and those which are not. Looking at one aspect of a complex system in isolation from all other factors is a great way to draw erroneous conclusions. Smart people don't get full of nerdrage until they have ALL the facts, and it's not possible, this early in the patch cycle, for anyone to claim they have all the facts -- period.

If it turns out they over-nerfed... then, I will wait until this becomes evident to the designers via those aforementioned logs and data and figure it will be corrected. If it's so bad the character is unplayable, I'll either play something else, or cancel my sub for a month or two until they get it right. If it just requires me to learn to play a little better or change some of my gear loadout, I'll live with it.

The whiny kids are, inevitably, those who have no experience with game design, no grasp of how complex systems work, no knowledge of history, and no capacity for delayed gratification. You may want to check a mirror, if you're looking for some.