BH/Trooper nerf in 1.2

Caelrie

i dont mind the pvp, in here for pve,now i can tell you that trooper/BH are good dps but not the top (theorycrafting can tell you this) so i hope that they dotn nerf the damage.

im up for drasctical changes to our rotation so kids can stop of qq about tracer spam,but if they nerf the damege output on overall im out of this game.

i have one 50 trooper,50 vanguard and 50 sniper and i can tell you that on EV op of council the sniper does around 1550,the comando 1570 and the vanguard 1400.

this is only mine numbers(on hard mdoe 108k hp/the time that i needed to kill them)all with columini gear and some rakata.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was at the guild summit and honestly there was NO discussion about nerfing or even providing new abilities to a class.

NOW...

They could have done an interview separate of the summit and that is where that info came from.

I really don't see them just nerfing TM and changing nothing else ability or talent wise as it would completely break the Arsenal tree. I can see them bringing Heat cost in line with Ammo or Ammo in line with Heat or fixing Mortar Volley so it goes off at the same time as DfA since Mortar Volley has that 1-1.5s delay before the actual damage hits.

Other than that, TM doesn't really need a massive nerf, and I'll even include some numbers for people here.

1. Now, my average TM in pvp will crit for about 2.4k-2.7k (this is with 10.3% expertice, 2 piece rakata the rest champ). Now this is without popping any relics or adrenals (which are buffs on CD's for those who QQ). Now, lets say each and every TM crits (and we'll use 2.7k for the QQer's) and at a 1.5s cast that would mean the following:

In order to do 16200 against a target criting at 2700 each and everytime it would take 6 Tracer Missiles to do that (IF each crit) and that would take 9 seconds to get that off at 1.5s each. Now, IF I was just a TM spammer and it took me 6 straight TM's with each one criting and you stood there and took it (for 9 seconds...), then yes, you deserve to die.

Now, we know that the chance of TM critting 6 times in a row is a bit low, but seriously, if you're getting killed by a TM spammer, ESPECIALLY if you're a maurader or assassin then yes, this is definitely a L2P issue on your part.

Its just more nerfs because someone cried in pvp. The cycle of life in an mmo.

sad thing is this is most likely true... as it has been in all MMOs for the past 20 years or so i would guess since i started playing MMOs

Sad thing number 2 is that bioware and for that matter all game makers never learn from the last set of mistakes or the last games mistakes..

they make broad changes to several classes to balance them out instead of little changes to only a couple and then see how it looks (sure they can test it on the closed system or test server but in the end the players are usually the ones who make or break it)

They will remove the interupt on the commando/merc... Oh wait, we are the only class without one...

They will remove the combat rez from the commando/merc.... Oh wait we are the only healer without one...

If I were them I'd put Grav Round/Tracer Missile on a similar cooldown to other sunder mechanics of 3-4.5 seconds.

That'd reward the good players of the class who know how to use all of the tools the class has available, and punish the flavor of the month players.

Never played commando/BH right ? Or you'd knew this is the most stupid idea never said on a forum.

To have the best DPS output, we need 5stacks of debuff on target for demolition round and 5stacks of buff on us for HiB. Grav round is our base skill, main skill, the one we need to spam to have a correct DPS.

As a commando, sticky grenade/explosive round is ****, FA need to proc from grav round. Plasma grenade and pulse cannon cost a lot, and can't be effectively played on a single target rotation.

Add a cd on grav round and we do ****** damage. Are we DPS or not ?

I'm quite tired of people getting killed by a commando and asking for nerf while they absolutely have no idea on how work the class, and are too dumb to interupt grav round.

Edited by erei

They will remove the combat rez from the commando/merc.... Oh wait we are the only healer without one...

Wouldn't count on that. At the guild summit right before the end someone asked if the mercs get an combat rez and the lead combat designer said no.

If someone would have asked about the interrupt and he had say no, i've would canceled my sub on the fly while the summit was still going. Now i have to wait for the 1.2 patchnotes.

Edited by Devoter

My guess is that they want to change the fact that they just spam tracer/grav for max damage and maybe give them some type of rotation to bring it down a little bit. Maybe address the BH's heat advantage or mortar's delay. I hope they dont touch the healing im happy witht that so far. Maybe up the healing on Kolto nade would be awesome. :D

My guess is that they want to change the fact that they just spam tracer/grav for max damage and maybe give them some type of rotation to bring it down a little bit. Maybe address the BH's heat advantage or mortar's delay. I hope they dont touch the healing im happy witht that so far. Maybe up the healing on Kolto nade would be awesome. :D

I think they already said, that they want increase the number of targets healed by kolto grenade.

If they want to make the trooper/merc more challenging to play, i'm the first one who welcomes that. Problem is that the whole arsenal tree is so close build around the TM, i don't think that would happen fast. You maybe have to rebuild the whole tree for that.

Edited by Devoter

I think they already said, that they want increase the number of targets healed by kolto grenade.

If they want to make the trooper/merc more challenging to play, i'm the first one who welcomes that. Problem is that the whole arsenal tree is so close build around the TM, i don't think that would happen fast. You maybe have to rebuild the whole tree for that.

^ this

they would need to revamp the entire class and that just is not happening in the immediate future. none of this is going to occur in 1.2 anyways.

I'm still not sure why people don't want a DPS class to actually do DPS ...

1. can we do the most damage? no

2. can we bring down a target the fastest? no

3. can we DPS? yes. we are a dps class

I've seen plenty of other classes (republic side too) DPS just as well or way better.

Doesn't seem to be an issue to me. More like a fun challenge to step up to.

SR replied to a tweet about this

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/177436594037465090

Stephen Reid ‏ @Rockjaw

@demonicking08 We're not entirely sure why IGN reported on that; BH is not getting 'singled out' for changes in 1.2.

Looks like IGN is trolling again.

You notice how he hasn't denied BH getting a nerf in this statement, he just said they aren't being singled out - implying other classes are getting nerfs as well.

Edited by Manigma

Well; if it is any hint to you, most people don't whine about what a class can do in PvE, so the math there should tell you something.

I will say though; that it doesn't matter what MMO you play. If there is PvP (and any MMO that plans to last, there will be) things will get nerfed. This game at least tries to give you more utilities that are used in PvE you wouldn't use in PvP as to not have them touch; albeit they are small things like heroic moments and the 0 action high damage attack on incapacitated targets.

I agree about nerfs being from PVP generally. I disagree that every MMO that lasted had good PVP. Let me emphasize good. EQ had PVP servers as an afterthought. Besides Test Server, PVP servers were the smalledst they had. It is about to hit 14 years old.

I agree about nerfs being from PVP generally. I disagree that every MMO that lasted had good PVP. Let me emphasize good. EQ had PVP servers as an afterthought. Besides Test Server, PVP servers were the smalledst they had. It is about to hit 14 years old.

the franchise hits 14 years .. other than a free game that has been backward engineered no one has EQ1 up and running (pity too even now i would play it as long as it only goes up to about velious xpac and i truly hated the graphics for EQ2 as it seemed almost dumbed down compared to EQ1)

but otherwise i would say PvP DOES NOT make a long lasting game though as a side option it is often nice to relieve boredom

PvE games usually last longer than PvP defined games (look at history of gaming sometime and you will see most people MIGHT do PvP on a MMO from time to time BUT if it come to a lot of PvP most would rather use a first shooter and set up a server or join one as the PvP is balanced)

People moaning about TM/GR in pvp must not know that Gunnery/Arsenal trees are completely designed around using them repeatedly. They proc rail shot, unload and a heat vent, stack armour debuffs and give us a 10% dmg reduction shield. Everything else has a cd so there are limitations to what else we can use. In fact the only things that are instant casts without cooldown are:

Missile Blast - 25 heat, poor damage

Sweeping blasters - aoe, 33 heat

Rapid shots - free move, poor damage

So yeah, pretty worthless when tracer is 16 heat and does good dps.

If you played one you would know this. Also, learn to interrupt! There's a cast on TM! :p

Back to the nerf, has anyone heard anything? So far I've heard it's going to be on one of the following:

- Tracer

- Pyrotech tree

- The 0.1% advantage (or something) BHs heat has over Troopers and their ammo

All sounds like bull and speculation to me

Bounty Hunters won't be getting a Tracer nerf because any interrupt *** pwnz them.

My guess is it's the stacking debuff bug with Heatseeker or possibly even buffing Merc Arsenal so they have interrupt resists and/or not have to spam Tracer.

Most people who are bad at the game don't realize how easy it is to counter tracer, why or how it's used, and the other abilities that are being implemented in a good rotation.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

Bounty Hunters won't be getting a Tracer nerf because any interrupt *** pwnz them.

My guess is it's the stacking debuff bug with Heatseeker or possibly even buffing Merc Arsenal so they have interrupt resists and/or not have to spam Tracer.

Most people who are bad at the game don't realize how easy it is to counter tracer, why or how it's used, and the other abilities that are being implemented in a good rotation.

approved

The nerf concerns heat signatures from multiple bounty hunters stacking their armor reduction effect. Apparently, bringing two of the same class is supposed to be redundant in this game. Whatever. Edited by Miaxi

i feel the nerf of bountyhunters are going mostly at powertechs due to their incredible burst damage. As a well geared 50 healer , i've had several encounters were a powertech just burst insane amounts of damage and i was unable to react or heal myself. This is from experience and i had consideration about wether powertechs deserved a nerf before posting this. i conclude they are doing too much damage indeed.

i feel the nerf of bountyhunters are going mostly at powertechs due to their incredible burst damage. As a well geared 50 healer , i've had several encounters were a powertech just burst insane amounts of damage and i was unable to react or heal myself. This is from experience and i had consideration about wether powertechs deserved a nerf before posting this. i conclude they are doing too much damage indeed.

They only do too much damage against fresh 50s.