Community Q&A: March 2nd 2012

CourtneyWoods

What is Bioware thinking!! They are making crafted armor more superior to endgame? What is that all about. Disappointing.

The best armor comes from crafting but the best stats (as in the mods to go in them) comes from ops and pvp.

The only issue I have with the system is that item drops become nothing but glorified mod containers, which means that if i like the look of a tier set, i will be "gimping" myself a little, however as long as they add those looks to the crafting pool at some point, its all good :)

Edited by Dafroog

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am REALLY unhappy with crafted gear being BETTER than what you can get from Operations. What is the point of doing/having Ops if you can just go craft all your gear?

This game lacks direction for endgame.

Um, perhaps Mods, Schematics, etc

I am REALLY unhappy with crafted gear being BETTER than what you can get from Operations. What is the point of doing/having Ops if you can just go craft all your gear?

Crafters have more patience than raiders or PVPers, and should be rewarded for that.

My sexuality was doubted because I didn't use, apparently, the right nomenclature. Because straight people lie about their sexuality all the time in forums, apparently?

Again and again, a vast majority of SGRA supporters aren't actually asking that Bioware drop EVERYTHING they're doing and give us SGRA yesterday. We're asking for information to allow us to plan ahead regarding the development of our characters. For some of us, it restricts the content we're effectively allowed to participate in, because we don't want to miss it. I'm fairly sure, though, that Bioware considers issues that prevent progression to be fairly high priority. How high? Who knows.

Most of us are NOT asking for immediate implementation. We're asking for INFORMATION so we can plan ahead. I really don't see how that's a lot to ask.

Edit: regarding ratings requirements, there is no difference between SG and OG romance according to their official guidelines, if memory serves. That was discussed ad nauseum in the pre-release SGRA thread.

http://torwars.com/2011/09/13/same-gender-romance-arcs-confirmed-for-post-launch/

there you go...what exactly are you asking here...it has already been confirmed

This game lacks direction for endgame.

I don't think you fully understand.

The gear alone is not better than the stuff in ops. The fact that you can crit the crafting of said gear in order to get an augment slot for it coupled with the fact that you will be able to remove the barrel/hilt/armouring (including set bonuses) from Operations gear and put it into your new Augmentable crafted stuff is what will make the crafted stuff better. You will still need to raid in order to gather those item mods, otherwise all you'll be left with is a substandard piece of crafted gear, augment slot or no.

That's how I understand it anyway.

Edited by goatfoam

It really saddens me that there are people out there that still don't understand that orange gear doesn't make PvP/PvE gear useless....

There are people thinking raids and pvp will be dead but they are not smart enough to realize you still need the pvp/pve gear first for the mods. :)

How silly can people be? You think set bonuses and purple mods are going to come with the crafted gear? It's simply a shell, just a much nicer looking (visually and stat wise) than the current pvp/pve 50 gear shell.

Still need the beef (mods).

Wow...people just kill me.

just curious, this crit crafter orange stuff for level 30's still has the same armor value for mid level 30's.. does that mean that tanks get the shaft cause they should only wear crit craft orange for level 50's with highest armor value?

http://torwars.com/2011/09/13/same-gender-romance-arcs-confirmed-for-post-launch/

there you go...what exactly are you asking here...it has already been confirmed

Congratulations. You confirmed that there was a confirmation. Well done. Now, perhaps you could answer what the SGRA crowd is actually asking for, which is "Could you give us an update as to how far along this content is, or a timeframe as to when you will start working on it?"

just curious, this crit crafter orange stuff for level 30's still has the same armor value for mid level 30's.. does that mean that tanks get the shaft cause they should only wear crit craft orange for level 50's with highest armor value?

The armor value of orange gear is determined by the armoring mod, not the level of the orange gear. So a level 30 orange and a level 50 orange both have the same armor value given you put the same armoring mod in them.

When will we be able to add people to our Friends List who are not online? The main point of the Friends List is to let you know when friends are online. Right now, I have to already know when friends are online to add them, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Damion Schubert: This is a bug - thanks for calling my attention to it (this issue is somewhat sporadic, so it fell through the cracks). We are getting this into the pipe to get fixed, most likely for Game Update 1.2.

What do they mean by "somewhat sporadic"? I'm able to reproduce this 100% of the time...

What do they mean by "somewhat sporadic"? I'm able to reproduce this 100% of the time...

LOL! That's just what I was thinking. I don't know if I've ever seen it work "as intended" for me. How in the world could that one have fallen through the cracks?

It really saddens me that there are people out there that still don't understand that orange gear doesn't make PvP/PvE gear useless....

There are people thinking raids and pvp will be dead but they are not smart enough to realize you still need the pvp/pve gear first for the mods. :)

How silly can people be? You think set bonuses and purple mods are going to come with the crafted gear? It's simply a shell, just a much nicer looking (visually and stat wise) than the current pvp/pve 50 gear shell.

Still need the beef (mods).

Wow...people just kill me.

I dont like that they're forcing us to wear orange gear, why not make them even. So people can choose to wear tier or orange if they want. This change would be very annoying for me if it goes through.

Congratulations. You confirmed that there was a confirmation. Well done. Now, perhaps you could answer what the SGRA crowd is actually asking for, which is "Could you give us an update as to how far along this content is, or a timeframe as to when you will start working on it?"

I feel no sympathy.

We've been asking about full control space combat since pre-launch and have yet to receive a response.

Edited by Azzras

I feel no sympathy.

We've been asking about full control space combat since pre-launch and have yet to receive a response.

So because of your situation, they should detract from our's? I loved X-wing VS Tie Fighter, and would love to see a modern day version in TOR, but don't go round detracting from our situation just because of your own.

I feel no sympathy.

They've already stated that THAT wasn't the aim they were looking for when creating the Space Combat System. IF it was, they would've either waited in adding in SC or had it that way from the beginning.

You and others may not like it, but the SCS that we have was what they were planning on giving us to begin with. They have also stated that they do plan on adding to/expanding the SCS

Will companion stories ever be expanded upon? I personally enjoyed the stories of all of my companions, and was sad that they eventually came to a close upon hitting max affection. It would be great to see more companion dialogue as well, as if they reacted to you killing certain bosses or completing major quests.

Gidoru - In last week’s Q&A, you detailed upcoming changes to the Crafting System with crit crafting orange gear and removing base mods from purple gear. I think that this issue needs some clarification, as what was stated essentially suggests that orange crit crafted gear will always be superior to either PvP or PvE gear. This is because players will be able to simply remove the mods in their PvP or PvE gear and place it in a piece of crit crafted orange gear that will additionally provide extra stats as a result of the augment slot. Is it your intention to make crafted gear superior to gear obtained in other ways?

Emannuel Lusinchi (Technical Design Director): Yes, for Game Update 1.2, this is correct. Crafted gear is, in theory, superior to endgame gear obtained in other ways. However, it is worth pointing out that putting together crit crafted gear, including item modifications, requires more effort, not less. Now, the reason I specifically mention Game Update 1.2 is that we will introduce new mechanics in a future update that, without diminishing the usefulness of crit crafted items, will bring some interesting changes and that’s all I will say about that!

This is a huge disappointment and it partly defeats the entire purpose of allowing you to remove armor mods in the first place. I was looking forward to 1.2 because I believed we would finally have the freedom to choose the appearance we wanted to have. Unfortunately, this will not be the case since we are now confined to the VERY LIMITED selection of craftable orange armor. If crafters could actually make a wide variety of appearance items, this would not be an issue, but as it stands, crafters can only make something like 4-6 sets of appearance items per armor type/class, many of which are virtually or actually identical. So effectively, we will have 2-3 appearances to choose from unless we want to underperform and hurt our team/group. I'd estimate that the vast majority of appearance items in the game, upwards of 95% (including all the social gear), are NOT CRAFTABLE. The gain from three +28 augments (84) is an entire piece of gear's worth of your primary stat and it will effectively become a requirement to have it.

It is unlikely that a significant number of new craftable orange armor recipes will be added since Jedi Knights have been asking for these since launch:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=97688

All I've wanted since the game launched was for my character to look like it did on the character creation screen or like the Jedi Knight on the loading screen. Unfortunately, this may never become a reality. It almost happened with 1.2 with the Jedi Battlelord orange armor set and the goggle hood toggle workaround. Alas, my dream was thwarted by the crit-armor augment slot.

Bioware can do three things in 1.2 to allow us to actually choose the appearance we want:

1. Allow crafters to create an item that will add an augment slot to any orange armor that can have an augment slot (head, chest, or legs).

2. Add a wide variety of recipes for orange armor for all classes to both armor crafting professions.

3. Delay the addition of augment slots to crit crafted orange gear until one of the above measures, or some other measure, can be implemented.

All i can read on those Q&As is : Dont leave folks, we ll fix them in 1.2.

Issues that should have been addressed BEFORE launch. Bugs noted from beta testers.

Fundamental MMO appliances that should have been from the start.

And i have no faith n the so called "strike team" to solve all those bugging PERFORMANCE issues, an problem that should be addressed BEFORE launch too. Seriously, they stopped those guns from firing to boost performance? A joke.

As for Ilum, a huge failure, three months of childish experimentation. No imagination, bad ideas, just a stupid kill grind. They just do not know what they are doing, they try one thing and pray it works.

I really like this game, i had a great time leveling. I enjoy WZ PvP and i am no PvPer, i like the flashpoints and operations (i think that HM Operations should be more rewarding just for replayability) but the number of Bugs in this game (hello SOA the bugged one) are making my gaming experience very frustrating.

I am waiting for the crew skills additions and i hope that we ll see many fixes on GTN and UI.

But i have lost faith on the devs. They had 4 years to make this game and now they come to address fundamental problems which could be avoided, in 2 months time? I dont think so..

I welcome the new content but i am very sure that it will add its own amount of new bugs.

I m thinking on staying a couple of months to see if they are going to fix most of the issues but i do not like to be a paying Beta Tester.