Community Q&A: March 2nd 2012

CourtneyWoods

only answered 8 questions and ignored yet again.... the biggest question the community has.

When are mergers coming if at all.

The refuse to even acknowledge the server problems lol.

They've answered this before and said they're not coming. The game is still new. We'll likely get transfers long before merges.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen in this thread (approx 10 pages), there hasn't been much bashing regarding the SGRA, more that most people do not see it as a top priority. Criticism is not hate.

Personally I would have liked to have seen this at release, though though it may have been excluded due to ratings requirements for the game. I'm happy they are bringing it in, as it is an element found in a lot of Bioware's games.

That said though, there are more pressing issues that directly effect peoples game play. On top of that, they are trying to improve crafting, the ecenomy, and may other factors.

It is likely that right now, they are having to schedule voice talent, and do what ever else needs to be done for the content, possibly even new animations etc. It's likely they may not announce what is happening until closer to release.

My sexuality was doubted because I didn't use, apparently, the right nomenclature. Because straight people lie about their sexuality all the time in forums, apparently?

Again and again, a vast majority of SGRA supporters aren't actually asking that Bioware drop EVERYTHING they're doing and give us SGRA yesterday. We're asking for information to allow us to plan ahead regarding the development of our characters. For some of us, it restricts the content we're effectively allowed to participate in, because we don't want to miss it. I'm fairly sure, though, that Bioware considers issues that prevent progression to be fairly high priority. How high? Who knows.

Most of us are NOT asking for immediate implementation. We're asking for INFORMATION so we can plan ahead. I really don't see how that's a lot to ask.

Edit: regarding ratings requirements, there is no difference between SG and OG romance according to their official guidelines, if memory serves. That was discussed ad nauseum in the pre-release SGRA thread.

Edited by Unusualsuspect

From the discussion on color crystals in 1.1.5 in the Test Server thread:

No. We're actually moving away from that. Most crafted items in the upcoming Game Update 1.2 will be freely tradeable.

The question I have is, are there plans to remove the BoP on pre-existing crafted items, such as Cybertech's speeders?

Just a few things to add.

1) Here's a thought, the guild summit is coming up. They said they will answer more questions there so if I am BW I am going to save the big question answers for that (eg. SGRA, Legacy to name a few).

Would that mean people who are not part of a guild and have no intention to join one are left by the wayside in the advancement of the game?

Certainly looking that way, for the time being at least.

Would that mean people who are not part of a guild and have no intention to join one are left by the wayside in the advancement of the game?

Where did you get that thought from?

I do not understand the Guild Summit to be entirely based around questions concerning guilds. I believe they'll be taking questions of all kinds regarding improving gameplay. I'm fairly certain there's also ways that those not attending can provide questions and topics of discussion.

You don't have to be in a guild to read the answers to the questions...

This week is a bit short on answers, but we’ll definitely make up for it with the upcoming Guild Summit, which is going to be packed full of information! So much, in fact, that we’re going to postpone our next Community Q&A blog until March 16th in order to allow for all of the new information to sink in.

So to answer your question, no you don't have to be part of a guild to learn about this.

Will at some point aligment affect immersion and story insetad of character itemisation? Each level of aligment could in future content grant unique dialogue option popping up in some dialogues providing ultra immersion factor and a feel of our character's current aligment. Atm aligment is only a path for itemisation tactic which i believe defeat its purpose which is immersion.

so, I've noticed that there isn't any valid LFguild system besides just putting a shout out into general discussion. All there is involving guild stuff is the guild registration "vendor" where u can make ur own guild, but there is no "vendor" where u can look at the different guilds that are on the server at all. Also, there isn't even one here on the website where u can look at different guilds and then apply to them in-game/out-game. In conclusion, I was wondering if u all were ever gonna make a LF guild system in-game or out-game where u can view different guilds, apply, and join without having to just shout it out in general discussion in-game... thts all :)

Unlocking mailboxes to space ships

How about it's not enough?

Mail boxes should come on our very futuristic holoprojector based personal ipad.

As we should be able to browse SW ebay with it too ; remotely.

And UPS should be able to deliver(pickup) items to(from) our mobile home with real time tracking global positioning system.

Finally make companions even better allowing them to move items between us and our space ship and the GTN.

All in all making all the above not tied to time sinks and as such less tedious.

Turn off smart camera

At last! Thank you.

One you're at it also implement a much needed mouse look toggle and the ability to preset and recall camera position.

Edited by Deewe

For crying out loud - what's with hate? Fact is that every person has a different priority for this or any other game and the expected improvements.

Some desire a better PvP - some more class stories. Some want updates on Space combat - some on the SGRA. Everyone of you wants answers - and satisfying answers at that - about their preferred topic and there is and will be disappointment if the questions have been ignored. It doesn't matter if you are part of the majority or not.

I'm one of those that bought the game due to the promised focus on story telling, as well as the promised content of SGR, and yes, I am disappointed that promised content is missing and that, trying to get information on it seems to be continuously ignored over a relatively long period of time. You think that is lame or trivial? Be my guest since I honestly couldn't care less what complete strangers think of it. Fact is - if we don't get more information soon, I will move on to something else - simple as that.

So anyway, some of you are hot for PvP or Raids or whatever - and that's fine and I wish you good luck with getting the content you want - but stop looking down on people who have other priorities in games (also directed at the SGRA people). It's not important to you? Congrats - happy for you, but it is important to others. Does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to continue asking questions? Don't think so - after all I'm not asking anyone else to quit asking the same thing in every Q&A either.

So dear Warriors and Crafters, Spacers and Illum-Fighters, Homophobes and Homophiles how about just wishing each other luck for the future patch and content instead of bashing each others heads in - especially since it is pointless.

(All typos and grammar issues belong to those who find them and dear trolls, I left you a bowl of cat food at the door.)

So dear Warriors and Crafters, Spacers and Illum-Fighters, Homophobes and Homophiles how about just wishing each other luck for the future patch and content instead of bashing each others heads in - especially since it is pointless.

Well said. Well said indeed.

What is Bioware thinking!! They are making crafted armor more superior to endgame? What is that all about. Disappointing.

You, and all the others complaining about crafted armor being made superior, do realise it doesn't come pre-fitted with all the mods you want, right? In order to have the absolute best gear available a player will need to get the crit-crafted orange gear AND get all the mods etc for through the current means, whether its Ops or PvP, to strip the mods and put them in the crafted armor.

What the dev said about it being the more effort is absolutely correct - not sure why people suddenly think everyone with 400 synthweaving is going to be able to make the best gear possible with no additional effort required.

To have the best, you'll need endgame mods stripped out of purple gear and put into crit-crafted orange (of your choice, based on availability on your server obviously). Can't wait.

What is Bioware thinking!! They are making crafted armor more superior to endgame? What is that all about. Disappointing.

yes and no. The orange crit armor isn't as good as endgame armor unless you pull the mods from the endgame armor and put it in the crafted armor with an augment. Unfortunately we are limited to the appearances of the crafted armors if we want bis gear. Better than we have now but still limited.

As I stated before we need to be able to reverse engineer ALL gear so we can make crit versions of it. Of course limitation would be have to be made for raid and pvp gear, such as bop or modless versions.

The answer from Blaine Christine annoyed me a bit (regarding maintenance times), as it seems like they have just plain decided that the complaints from Europe / Pacific dont matter, as long as U.S customers are happy.

If you have a look at this post: by Stephen Reid, he states they are considering changing these times.

Now, I get that they have to screw over somebody. However, it dont feel fair that U.S gets maintenance in the middle of the night, while Europe gets it for 8 hours in daytime. This is, like previously stated, not in prime time. However, why cant they start it earlier at night in the US? The way it is now, whenever they have maintenance of 6 hours+, it cuts into all of Europe who lives in a timezone which is GMT+1 or higher. For me, they start at 9 'o clock in the morning, and say the times it lasts 8 hours (and can be extended), that amounts to at least 2 hours (15-17) with zero gametime for me.

I would love to know why they cant start maintenance earlier? If it would start at midnight U.S time, it would affect some U.S customers as well, but how is it better always annoying lots of Europe and Pacific players? Pacific maintenance times = smack in the middle of prime time.

Well, thats my morning grumpyness vented. How is everybodys day going?

The thing is, they don't *have* to screw over anyone. I do wish BW would just admit that the reason they do global maintenance is because they *choose* not to make the client more flexible, not because they can't.

OK, the client version needs to match the server version, which is the reason given for the global maintenance. In simplistic terms, you can't play on a v1.2 server with a v1.1 client, and vice versa.

I do not see any reason why the client can't be improved so that, during maintenance times, it checks which regions have already been updated, and offers you the choice to upgrade right then in order to play in those regions or to retain your existing client and play on the regions which have not yet been updated. Once all regions are updated, the client would update automatically the next time you start it up, if it hadn't already.

You'd need to add some logic to the server selection screen as well, to cover people trying to log in to regions with an incompatible version, but seriously, how hard can that be?

And my day's going fine, thanks for asking :D

You, and all the others complaining about crafted armor being made superior, do realise it doesn't come pre-fitted with all the mods you want, right? In order to have the absolute best gear available a player will need to get the crit-crafted orange gear AND get all the mods etc for through the current means, whether its Ops or PvP, to strip the mods and put them in the crafted armor.

What the dev said about it being the more effort is absolutely correct - not sure why people suddenly think everyone with 400 synthweaving is going to be able to make the best gear possible with no additional effort required.

To have the best, you'll need endgame mods stripped out of purple gear and put into crit-crafted orange (of your choice, based on availability on your server obviously). Can't wait.

I think people keep mis-understanding that. It actually helps out both sides, hopefully I can clear this up a little.

1. Yes the orange gear will become the Max/Mix gear preferred for those people.

2. This will make crew skills more more viable for casual, mid casual and hard core.

3. You still have to run the "OPs" "HMs" or PvP to pull the Mods/Hilts/Enhancements to make the orange gear actually better then end game

4. You still have to CRIT the orange gear, which will take time, to get EVERYONE in your guild/raid. So, I wouldn't sweat it for awhile.

5. It allows people to look how they want. Some people love their looks, some hate them.

On a side not its sounds like EVENTUALLY they will make it that Augment slots can be made or put on items. Not sure how, or what, maybe a possibility of like WoWs Belt Buckle.

I think people keep mis-understanding that. It actually helps out both sides, hopefully I can clear this up a little.

1. Yes the orange gear will become the Max/Mix gear preferred for those people.

2. This will make crew skills more more viable for casual, mid casual and hard core.

3. You still have to run the "OPs" "HMs" or PvP to pull the Mods/Hilts/Enhancements to make the orange gear actually better then end game

4. You still have to CRIT the orange gear, which will take time, to get EVERYONE in your guild/raid. So, I wouldn't sweat it for awhile.

5. It allows people to look how they want. Some people love their looks, some hate them.

On a side not its sounds like EVENTUALLY they will make it that Augment slots can be made or put on items. Not sure how, or what, maybe a possibility of like WoWs Belt Buckle.

#5 isn't entirely correct. People who care about having optimal gear will be limited to the looks of whatever is being crit crafted. People who don't care about stats can look however they want. Yes this system is better than we have now but still limits those who care about the stats on their gear.

#5 isn't entirely correct. People who care about having optimal gear will be limited to the looks of whatever is being crit crafted. People who don't care about stats can look however they want. Yes this system is better than we have now but still limits those who care about the stats on their gear.

Well that's anything to an extent. However, I can wear my end game stuff for looks, or wear the 3-4 oranges that can be crit crafted. Possibly more if BioWare adds more patterns in 1.2 which they have stated they were.(not sure if they can be crit crafted)

Eventually when the Augment slot addition is added, number 5 becomes will become I guess entirely correct assuming its a belt buckle thing like WoW.