Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

I really like this part

prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

I always thought the prices were to high.

Keep it up.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to open up customisation for players but I liked that red, blue and green were fixed to alignment. Would it be apt to assume that there will be no light/dark gear outside the lightside and darkside vendors? (is this to tailor to grey players?)

If the new philosophy is to allow players more choice, can you open up electrostaffs and other weapons as viable player choices? I use a silly (Final Fantasy-eske) vibrosword for my warrior and it's a shame that consular/inquisitors can't use electostaffs without losing abilities.

New artifice schematics - yes!

Purple for non-50s! Yes (no more mobs rubbing it in that they have purple crystals and they're not level 50 :D )

Cheaper license at low level and money sink at high - good move.

Removing some speeder content already? Shame to see them go, they'll be regarded classics!

All in all I think this is good news!

I have to agree...the restriction to color crystals is kinda....lame...

Also if thats the case how about removing the Trooper/Jedi Knight restriction on some of those Synthweaving patterns I own...

All i want is for them to take away the "bind to player" crap. I want to make speeders for my guild mates that cant affored one. But as soon as you build one it is automatically bound to the player that created it. So i cant even sell it on the GTM or a vender. Just allow us an option to take the bind off the item.Make it like when you replace a mod in a item and it charges you for it, that would be fine. Oh and give us sprit at the very start dam it !

While I applaud new color crystals, please keep the colors correct to lore (red for Sith only).

totally agree. pls dont remove the restrictions. the color is an indicator of alignment as it should be. dont dilute pls.

I am not a fan of the "limited time only" items. I may have 5 mil credits to buy what I need but the next player who is just starting may never see the "white crystal/insert random item here" they so much want for their character. Even if these items appear for a limited time once a year, it is still very frustrating to wait for something that is purely cosmetic. Making people stand out in a game should be from achieving something - even if it's just achieving in collecting a large amount of credits - not because they were lucky to meet the requirements at that specific time.

Having said that, I am happy to see speeder licences 1 & 2 lowered, although I'd like to see a slight speed increase per tier as well. The knock down protection on tier 2 and especially on tier 3 is nice, but the speed difference is negligible.

Finally, I am very excited to see more colours available to all (bar my first point above).

Now, if you could also remove the stupid enrage timer and find intuitive ways to make boss fights challenging, you'd have a guaranteed renewed subscription when my sub expires ;)

Loving everything in this patch (and excellent job with the RP) except for the removal of light/dark restrictions on color crystals. The light/dark conflict is an integral aspect of the Star Wars universe and while yes, on occasion, a Jedi will pick up a Sith's lightsaber and give it a twirl the colors have always been restricted by the individual lightsaber owner's force orientation. The color crystal, while aesthetic on the surface, is an indication of the individual's moral and ethical grounding. To allow pure dark side Sith to use a green crystal and regularly wield a green saber, or a pure light side Sith to use a red crystal for that matter completely removes the color of the lightsaber as a badge of distinction. I disagree with this choice.

"Collectors and investors may want to take note that the previous limitations governing the resale of some vehicles seem to have been lifted and are encouraged to use the opportunity to purchase these legacy vehicles while they are still available."

Am I the only one to notice they will be removing the bind on pickup requirement to all the speeders before they stop selling them? This means you could stockpile them and sell them later.

Ok, so you are going to remove some vehicles from the game and put up a last chance offer, do I get that right? And what is the reasoning behind removing them at all? I mean, it feels completely arbitrary.

But then...

In related news, a very limited number of pure white color crystals have been recovered by a Hutt-sponsored expedition into uncharted space. As of today, small stocks of these extremely rare and expensive crystals have started to appear in Vendor stocks at the primary Imperial and Republic transportation hubs. With no new shipments expected for several months, those wealthy enough to afford these crystals may find themselves in possession of a highly sought-after collectable.

I appreciate the effort in writing in-character stories and rumours and all that, but for matters like these such vague information is not enough.

We need a definitive statement: Will the white crystals be craftable in 1.2 (or later), or not? And more vague statements like "they might become craftable at a later point" are not sufficient as an answer.

1 million or even 2.5 million, despite all the claims of how easy it is to get money in the game, quite a hefty sum, and we want to know whether we have to invest this in order not to miss our one and only chance, or whether this is only needed in order to have them now instead of waiting until 1.2 arrives and crafters start producing these things.

I think when players purchase something from the GTN or certain vendors, the money they spend should earn "points". After enough players purchase enough from either the GTN or a certain vendor (i.e. Lightside Vendor) a unique or rare piece of equipment becomes available for a limited time.

Speeder Vendors can offer a rare speeder that gets players travelling a bit faster than the standard and so forth. Same thing with the GTN. Make the spending and the game economy mean a bit more than the standard MMO structure.

Yay for color crystal restriction removal, many of us were sad when it was added in beta.

I'm a little concerned about speeder/training prices. If the training is lowered but the speeder price raised it could very well end up being you are spending the same exact amount as before, it's just distributed differently. But I can't say since I don't know the prices.

Hey!

I just realised that all the speeders being taken out are all the good looking ones that cost a lot of need a lot of tokens.

I assumed they were the low level ones.

What a rubbish way to reward people who didn't rush to the level cap. I've been enjoying the game to 49 and now I feel I should have been power grinding because there's a time limit on some of the best content that's not solely for the raiders??

This is quite uncool.

Are you going to make them super cheap so people can actually buy them if they didn't exploit or powerlevel their way to get them?

How long do I have to have to grind credits to get one of these before you remove them?

How about you don't take them out at all based on customer complaints? Be fair.

While I applaud new color crystals, please keep the colors correct to lore (red for Sith only).

WHERE in the Lore does it say that Red is Sith Only??????????????? I'm sorry, but there have been Jedi who have USED Red/Crimson Lightsaber and were NOT Dark nor Sith.